Dr Kramer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Sisman

Dr Kramer

Postby Sisman » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:00 pm

I have my first consult with Dr Kramer in Hyannis Ma. He opened in his new office March 1st. Not all insurances are accepted so going to pay the visit out of pocket. My problem is I have a very good Dr at one of top hospitals in the world called Brigham & Women’s in Boston. But he does less than 50 implants a year but has been very good so far. Please share your thoughts I do believe in trusting the Dr comes first but since everyone speaks so highly of Dr Kramer I can’t afford to at least me with him.

newbie443

Re: Dr Kramer

Postby newbie443 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:05 pm

Dr. Kramer is very skilled. I had little swelling, bruising, and pain even with a scrotoplasty. But every doctor has a reoperation rate. And there have been members on this site that have had problems after going to him. When I went to him he was at UMMC and after that moved to Chesapeake and then left there. So I do not know who is on his teem now but when I went to him he had a team that was with him for many years. His resident then is now practicing IIRC in the Carolina's. Your chances are very good going to him of a great outcome but there are no guarantees. In the past if you were one of the very few with problems there were members on this board who would be very critical of the man having problems posting on this board. He even called me and told me not to post on this board.

If the choice is paying out of pocket vs. insurance you need to factor in if you need a reoperation. Also distance for follow-up care. As far as your doctor that you say has been good so far, the study for reoperation rates and device longevity the top research group was 32+ a year. https://www.garber-online.com/pdf/Highe ... ctions.pdf So your local guy is in this group. But do your research. Dose your doctor have any papers published on ED? How long before activation? There is a paper in the documents worth reading about the "Coffin" effect that show a relationship with long wait periods for activation and size loss pre vs post op. Does your doctor aggressively size? Does your doctor do revisions? What is your doctors infection rate? Have you spoken to any of your doctors patients about results and if they had size loss pre vs. post op?

Sounds to me like you need to determine how much lower your slim chance of problems between your doctor and Dr. Kramer is to justify paying out of pocket. Or if your doctor and his patients expect size loss pre vs post op. Even the second best group in the study above 8-31 a year have really low reoperation numbers. And you never know if the young new low volume guy is the next world class guy unless you ask questions.

Good luck and what ever you decide it will be the right choice for you because you are the one who made it.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:46 am

What is kramer's cash price? And how did you get in contact with him? The email address on his website doesn't work.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Sisman

Postby Sisman » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Thank you the information I will ask those questions when I meet both Drs. I agree volume doesn’t mean better and I feel my current Dr Katherins from B & W is very qualified. My apologies the out of pocket is for the first consult with dr Kramer as he doesn’t accept my insurance until next month. But either surgery will be covered when done. Dr Kramer’s office # is 508-771-9550
110 Main st Hyannis, Ma 50 miles south of Boston if you fly in .

I’ll let you know how the meeting went.

Thanks

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:01 pm

newbie443 wrote:Dr. Kramer is very skilled. I had little swelling, bruising, and pain even with a scrotoplasty. But every doctor has a reoperation rate. And there have been members on this site that have had problems after going to him. When I went to him he was at UMMC and after that moved to Chesapeake and then left there. So I do not know who is on his teem now but when I went to him he had a team that was with him for many years. His resident then is now practicing IIRC in the Carolina's. Your chances are very good going to him of a great outcome but there are no guarantees. In the past if you were one of the very few with problems there were members on this board who would be very critical of the man having problems posting on this board. He even called me and told me not to post on this board.

If the choice is paying out of pocket vs. insurance you need to factor in if you need a reoperation. Also distance for follow-up care. As far as your doctor that you say has been good so far, the study for reoperation rates and device longevity the top research group was 32+ a year. https://www.garber-online.com/pdf/Highe ... ctions.pdf So your local guy is in this group. But do your research. Dose your doctor have any papers published on ED? How long before activation? There is a paper in the documents worth reading about the "Coffin" effect that show a relationship with long wait periods for activation and size loss pre vs post op. Does your doctor aggressively size? Does your doctor do revisions? What is your doctors infection rate? Have you spoken to any of your doctors patients about results and if they had size loss pre vs. post op?

Sounds to me like you need to determine how much lower your slim chance of problems between your doctor and Dr. Kramer is to justify paying out of pocket. Or if your doctor and his patients expect size loss pre vs post op. Even the second best group in the study above 8-31 a year have really low reoperation numbers. And you never know if the young new low volume guy is the next world class guy unless you ask questions.

Good luck and what ever you decide it will be the right choice for you because you are the one who made it.

I could not second this post more. Very informative, concise, and non biased. +1

Return to “Implants”