Implant - Infection?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
EutawEutaw

Implant - Infection?

Postby EutawEutaw » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:45 pm

Hello Gentlemen,

I am on week 6 of my Coloplast Implant. I experience sharp pain all day. I have difficulties sitting for more than 30 minutes. I have to sit on a pillow at home and driving. At night while trying to sleep I am awaking 3-5 times with this pain.

I have pumped/cycled 3 times since the implant. The pain is the worse when I pump. When I pump the pain stays with me for 24 hours.

My question is. What are the signs of Infection?

Thank you!
54 yo Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer 2018. Robotic Prostatectomy 2018. AUS 2020 Dr. Andrew Kramer. Coloplast implant January, 2021 Dr. Aaron Weinberg

newbie443

Re: Implant - Infection?

Postby newbie443 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:25 pm

EutawEutaw wrote:Hello Gentlemen,

I am on week 6 of my Coloplast Implant. I experience sharp pain all day. I have difficulties sitting for more than 30 minutes. I have to sit on a pillow at home and driving. At night while trying to sleep I am awaking 3-5 times with this pain.

I have pumped/cycled 3 times since the implant. The pain is the worse when I pump. When I pump the pain stays with me for 24 hours.

My question is. What are the signs of Infection?

Thank you!

Infection signs are redness, swelling, fever, and drainage. This is something you should have checked by a doctor.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:27 pm

I can’t tell you if the pain stems from an infection or not.

But if you’re hurting that bad at 6 weeks, you need to see a doctor. Yesterday if possible.

I see you used one of the nationally known docs. I don’t know how often you’ve been seen after the surgery. I used a fairly high volume (100-150 per year) doc in flyover country (Austin, Tx, about a 60 mile drive from me) and they looked at me so often no infection stood a chance.

I was in the clinic, IIRC, on days 3, 6, 10, 14, 21, 28, and 42 after surgery.

Some of those were when they told me they wanted to see me again, the usual deal was they’d ask how soon I wanted to come back. The PA would observe me operating the thing and tell me what I was doing right, what I was doing wrong, what was left to heal up (my bulb stayed high for a while before it dropped on its own to a more convenient location)

Listen to your body. Pain is a clear indicator something isn’t right. Especially after 6 weeks. If nothing else start with your family practice guy, get a CBC, find out if white count is elevated to suggest infection.

I’m pretty tough (or I like to think I am) but pain is pain. I had some soreness. I never had any real pain.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:10 pm

Infections sometimes are outwardly, other times, they could be little fuckers that just want to fuck things up as much as they can until they are caught!
Forget the infection part! Dude, you are in pain! It could be something else, so see the Dr. ASAP.
We men have a boatload of Testosterone and this gets us in trouble more often than not, so don't put it off. See him 1st thing Monday morning.
You should be healing, not in pain!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”