Advice from anyone in the UK

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jpcfrank

Advice from anyone in the UK

Postby Jpcfrank » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:08 pm

Afternoon All

Discovered this forum a few weeks ago and wish i'd found it sooner as it's full of great info.

I'm 41, have suffered with ED my whole life however no clear diagnosis as to why, been on tablets for the majority of that time but impact has decreased over the years and there is no point taking them anymore. Currently on injections (Viradal) and while I've got a bit of scope to go in terms of max dosage the impact i'm currently seeing is not good enough.

With a heavy and slightly scared heart i'm starting to look at whats next.

I suppose i'm reaching out to anyone who has had an inplant fitted in the UK.

Firstly how realistic is it on the NHS ? i've had to go private to get the injections as anything non urgent is completely screwed at the moment due to covid (been waiting 6 months for an NHS follow up with the urologist)

If i go private how much money am i realistically looking at (+ any rec's on where to go ?)

This issue grinds me down every single day and the thought of actually being able to sex without pre planning when to take a tablet or faffing about with an injection feels like a bit of dream at the moment....

Thanks in advance for any help
AMS 700 CX
21+ 4cm
Implanted 01/09/21

sonnyjim

Re: Advice from anyone in the UK

Postby sonnyjim » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:31 am

Hi mate, sorry to hear your story. You are pretty much in the same position as I was last year although I am much younger than you.

To go privately I’d think you’d be looking at about 15k (from the research I did) I got mine done on the NHS although I did wait a very long time.

If you have the money to go private I would recommend Dr Ralph but that’s just me.

sonnyjim

Postby sonnyjim » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:33 am

sonnyjim wrote:Hi mate, sorry to hear your story. You are pretty much in the same position as I was last year although I am much younger than you.

To go privately I’d think you’d be looking at about 15k (from the research I did) I got mine done on the NHS although I did wait a very long time.

If you have the money to go private I would recommend Dr Ralph but that’s just me.

It is realistic that you’ll get this done on the NHS you just have to go through every “treatment” and tell them that it does not work. In my case, nothing did apart from injections and I’m against the idea of putting needles in my dick.

Jamie123

Postby Jamie123 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:08 am

Hiya your looking at around £15k I used Giulio Garaffa at London Andrology and was very pleased with the results .

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:30 pm

I have found the NHS to be terrible. If I could go private (I can't I have complications) I would.

You will be in for a very long wait on the NHS. Years. Start looking into private treatment. £15000 is nothing to have a life.

I used to think so highly of the NHS too. It's in an appalling state.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Bluewhippet

Postby Bluewhippet » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:05 pm

Lots of bad press about the NHS. Obviously the Covid crisis must be leading to delays but this will not last forever. Please read my posts about my experience with the NHS 2 years ago. There are centers of excellence inside the NHS carrying out implants throughout the country - I was referred to Leicester. The result is that I can have a rock hard erection within 30 seconds whenever I want for as long as I want. Surely that is the result we all seek.
80 year old Type2 diabetic, long term ED, pills then injections PGE1. After 4 years they became less effective. Implanted 20/3/2018 by NHS. AMS 700 CX 15+4 cm with MS pump. Never had any significant pain. Still working perfectly and used regularly.

Return to “Implants”