Penile Implant in Canada--where do I turn now?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfpacker

Re: Penile Implant in Canada--where do I turn now?

Postby wolfpacker » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:57 pm

Check out the penile implant service offerings at surgeo.com. You can pick from a list of surgeons (among the list notably is Dr Hakky, who I've heard gave excellent results from members here). The package is a fixed, flat rate and includes any required visits before, during and after the surgery, and will even pay if any complications arise from the surgery. Dr Hakky's rate is about $23,000CAD. Very affordable for an excellent surgeon.

https://surgeo.com/penile-implant
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:22 pm

Sorry. Fat fingered double post. See below.
Last edited by Txagq8 on Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:28 pm

personfromon wrote:Hi all,

I'm a 28 year old male type 1 diabetic with erectile dysfunction for ~6 years now. Pills are hit & miss. Injections did not work.

I live in a smaller town in Ontario, and my urologist has referred me to three urologists in Toronto as we don't have the ability to do penile doppler or implant surgery here and all three of them have denied my referrals. We have tried Dr. Elterman, Dr. Jarvi & Dr Grober.

I am very frustrated and not sure where to turn to now. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to pay out of pocket for the implant & surgery if necessary. I'm at my wits end, my entire life has been dragged down because of my erectile dysfunction and am losing hope I'll ever get a satisfactory solution.

Any help you can offer is very appreciated. Thanks.

Hey there. I'm Canadian too. Been to Ethan Grober way back in 2017 For my Ed issues due to my penile Fracture. He just doesn't care nor his bedside manner is good. Was a a complete waste of time for me. There is another doctor that does implants in Canada, in Ontario. Dr. Gerald Brock. I wouldn't recommend at all that you have your implant here done in Canada. There are no high volume implanters and their mentality is "implant is last resort and we want you to go through years of suffering and have the whole ordeal of treatments and when those fail then yeah, maybe, will get you an implant".

There was a guy from Ontario that went to the States to have his implant with Dr. Eid and he was happy with the outcome and hasn't been back to the board since. (that is a very good sign. No posts here, no problems. lol) search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=79022

Here's the link to his profile so you can read his posts.

You can give a look at that surgeo website too. Also, get in Contact with Dr. Eid through his website as he does video consultations.

Oh, and the refusal from the urologists office sometimes happens. It sucks but that's how our healthcare system works unfortunately. You can also send me a pm if you want to talk.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:32 pm

If you end up having it done in the U.S., another higher volume, lower cost guy is in Austin, Tx. A bit far from Canada but excellent low cost air service, usually nice weather (except for this past month lol).

I had mine done by Bryan Kansas MD. He really prefers to install AMS. He gets generally pretty good reviews although I read one or two that ripped him to shreds. I was not deterred or worried and I enjoy a really good result (perfect? No. Really good? You bet) and yeah, I have enough confidence in him that I’d let him surgically alter my junk again if/when it becomes necessary.

If he does you at at the outpatient surgery center instead of Seton Hisputal I believe they quote about a 17K cash price USD which would be about 23K CAD.

Upside: he was honest to a fault, I bruised unbelievably bad but had a quick, uneventful, pain free recovery, His staff and the customer service after the surgery were unbelievably good.

Downside: this left me 1/4” shorter and 1/2” thinner. I miss the girthinesa a bit but the length? Piss on that. THats a rounding error in the big scheme of things. This thing works, it works well, and a bit over a year with it it's a normal part of my body. The AMS gives you a bit more normal looking flaccid although I was a grower so having a flaccid dick a bit over 5” is kind of cool.

There are others like Kansas in the U.S. I hate hearing that your govt run health care is being difficult. I was set to have this done at Baylor, Scott, and White in Temple, Texas but I was at the cap for out of pocket payment for 2019, and they couldn’t book me until Feb 2020. I got a consult with Kansas in late November for Dec 15th, and was on the table Dec 31st. No regrets and i continue to be amazed at how quickly, and how smooth, the entire process was.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:43 am

personfromon wrote:Hi all,

I'm a 28 year old male type 1 diabetic with erectile dysfunction for ~6 years now. Pills are hit & miss. Injections did not work.

I live in a smaller town in Ontario, and my urologist has referred me to three urologists in Toronto as we don't have the ability to do penile doppler or implant surgery here and all three of them have denied my referrals. We have tried Dr. Elterman, Dr. Jarvi & Dr Grober.

I am very frustrated and not sure where to turn to now. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to pay out of pocket for the implant & surgery if necessary. I'm at my wits end, my entire life has been dragged down because of my erectile dysfunction and am losing hope I'll ever get a satisfactory solution.

Any help you can offer is very appreciated. Thanks.

If out of pocket, I would consider dr. Hakky. He is also a top-class surgeon. You will save around 12K of surgery price, and invest some of this money in after care (You can stay in a nice hotel for a week after surgery to avoid any drawback associated with 6 or more hours total travel time. You need to stay flat.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Inaips

Postby Inaips » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:11 pm

Dr Grober is now accepting patients after a period of not doing them. He's a world class surgeon. Highly recommend. Try again now.

sweaterfan

Postby sweaterfan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:22 am

There are other excellent surgeons besides Eid, but he's probably the closest to you. The urologist in Houston I hope to use next year charges $20K US, then you have to factor in travel and incidentals.

Perhaps the Toronto hospitals are constrained due to the COVID wave and are deferring elective surgeries.

Just remember that once you are in, you are all in. Be sure to save up for revisions that will be required since you are so young.

Keep us posted!
Born 1956, TRT, Peyronies (no improvement after 1 cycle of Xiaflex so discontinued), using alprostadil but have possible VL. Considering an implant. Aquablation for BPH Nov 2 2020, TURP 6/14/2021.

Toronto67

Postby Toronto67 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi,

I have my surgery done in Toronto a bit more than two years ago with Dr Jonathan Krakowsky at the Women hospital.

He was great and the cost of the surgery was covered by OHIP, however I had to pay about C$3,500 to cover the cost of the 3 piece implant.
Born 1967, diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2016, prostatectomy performed in 2018, current PSA 0.10, implanted with LGX 700 on Jul 2019.

Return to “Implants”