CYLINDER COME OUT OF CORPORAL BODY ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
thedriver

CYLINDER COME OUT OF CORPORAL BODY ?

Postby thedriver » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:34 am

Just a couple of simple questions.
How many of us implant patients have had a cylinder come out of the corporal body and you had to have some sort of revision surgery ?
If so,, how long after surgery was it ?
How did they fix the issue on you personally ?
And how do you think it happened ?
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

newbie443

Re: CYLINDER COME OUT OF CORPORAL BODY ?

Postby newbie443 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:45 pm

There are different ways this can happen. From the pictures on your other post it seems that the corporal incision that was made to insert the cylinders may have tore open for some reason. Other ways that are not yours is a cross over where the surgeon perforates and implants one or both the cylinders improperly. This can happen distal (up towards the glans) and proximal (below the base of your shaft in your body). As the right and left corporal bodies separate and fork (called the Crus) it is also possible for the surgeon to perforate in surgery one or the other. This proximal perforation that has one cylinder with no support.

If the incision tore open it sounds like they just need to push the cylinder back in the torn open old incision and close it up. They may use a bit of mesh to reinforce this. Should be a pretty short surgery. And the doctor will most likely have you wait afterwards for this to heal before cycling again. If you heal slowly because of a medical condition you need to address that the best you can to help yourself heal faster. In the case of a cross over or distal perforation the fix is more involved. With crossover the cylinder(s) must be removed and the perforation repaired. Then the proper space dilated and many times a new device implanted. But this is not what you have. A distal perforation many times results in the RTE end of the cylinder not being able to be reinserted. In this case a sling is made to secure the RTE end of the cylinder to which ever side is needed so there is support. So this is also more involved than what looks to be your problem.

There are a lot of videos and publications written on all of these if you want to do a search for them. My left cylinder is un supported. It took me 2.5 years and help from a Gastro doctor to get a CT scan to get my uro to send me out of area to fix this as my local uro's do not do fixes. I am currently waiting to get this repaired as the facility where this was to be done cancelled my December surgery due to COVID-19. All non life threatening surgeries were cancelled. Most likely the doctor will use a sling to repair this. And I will have to wait for 6 weeks for this to heal before cycling my implant.

From my understanding yours is the easiest of all the types I know of. But I am not a doctor. Just a guy with time to read a bit on this. You need to wait to see your doctor and find out for sure what the problem is. Could be this is something else that is even easier to fix.

I have to go 200 miles to get my fix and I read you are going 300 miles for yours. At least we are not having to fly thousands of miles for this.

Take care and best of luck with this.
Last edited by newbie443 on Thu May 06, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:24 pm

Like you I have had bad luck with my implant since the first surgery. My first surgery was in January 19. Right after the surgery I noticed I had been short changed and I had the floppy head. In May 19 I had a Complete replacement and everything went good. Last year in June my pump failed And the dr again replaced the implant. About a month and a half later I was at work walking around and I noticed something weird. I went to the restroom and noticed that the rear end of the implant on my left side had came out and was curled around in my scrotum. I knew right then that’s what had happened. The dr then placed the left implant back in and told me not to cycle for a couple months to give it time to heal. When I started cycling in October I ended up getting a lot of swelling and fluid build up in my scrotum which went away eventually but I still felt like something wasn’t right. A month ago I started getting an infection at the incision side and swelling again. Two weeks ago the dr took the left side out along with the pump and reservoir. He installed a malleable in the left side and left the right implant in place. We will see what happens but I feel like it is all connected to when the cylinder same out the first time. I don’t know why it came out maybe my tissue was not strong enough to hold the sutures after having as many surgeries
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:51 pm

Thank you guys for your input,, most of the members here are much more informed on all of this than I am for sure.
Your words of encouragement and knowledge are a comfort,, and very educational at the very least and I appreciate all of your input.
All there is to do now is hope for the best,, I hate being put under for any kind of surgery.
Thanks again,, and I hope for the best outcome for all of us Bionic men here.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:40 pm

thedriver wrote:Thank you guys for your input,, most of the members here are much more informed on all of this than I am for sure.
Your words of encouragement and knowledge are a comfort,, and very educational at the very least and I appreciate all of your input.
All there is to do now is hope for the best,, I hate being put under for any kind of surgery.
Thanks again,, and I hope for the best outcome for all of us Bionic men here.

I hear you brother. I have trouble with general and narcotic pain meds. Just trade one bad thing for another in most cases. Had some bad experience with both. If it turns out you do need surgery you might ask for a local if this is the case with you.

And you said it well with that last sentence. We are all here for each other. We are all here for you as you are for us. So be sure to give us an update when you can.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:43 am

I'll absolutely keep you posted on how it progress's.
I belong to a lot of forums here on the web,,, everything from motorcycles to dogs.
But as I read thru posts and threads on this forum,, I really get a sense of true community and compassion.
I think its because everyone here has a true common goal,,, and when it comes to a subject like ED that is commonly only talked about behind closed doors,, its a relief to find a site like this with so many members experienced, ready, and willing to help.
Once again,, I appreceiate all of the openness .

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:57 am

Just an update,, had my 6 week post op app, this week.
There is still the small b-b sized bumps on both sides at the base of the penis, they said they done full internal stitching on the last revision,, but I don't want to have the cylinders to back there way out of the corpra again,
The surgeon said to go another 4 weeks before cycling the implant,, and then told me to push in and hold the 2 bumps on each side as I do the inflating to only 60%,, like he is afraid of the cylinders coming out again.
He tryed telling me they are folds,, but once he started inflating me on the exam table,, he stopped and said it could be part of the cylinder coming thru the stitchs again.
Also told me the left cylinder is not seated in the crus,, but this should repair its self as I use it in the future,,, is he just bullshiting me on this subject ? Last revision he took both RTE's out..
Makes me nervous to even think of cycling in 4 weeks from now.
Said the infection is gone,, but no blood work or ct scan was done.
Hope no one else has to go thru any of this,, I know we are a small percentage of men that are having problems like this,,,, But Damn....

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:26 pm

My doctor said last Tuesday he found the perforation and was able to put the cylinder back in the Tunica. So I guess this means he did not do a suture sling. I have read a paper stating the sling is better so I will have to wait and see. And another paper on a sail type of repair that is superior to both and faster to do and recovery for the patient. I had pain and the RTE would poke my Colin and just was afraid of damage. I go on Medicare next year and can then go any where to have a replacement/repair. So I just hope this repair will get me to that. Just have to wait and see. He left me 50% inflated. Said 6 weeks before I could have sex. He did do some work on my glans hypermobility and a deformity at the base of my other cylinder. I did not expect that as he and other uro's just dismissed my complains and said it was not that bad. I go back for a 2 week incision check with the nurse so it seems I will be at 50% for the full 6 weeks. Really wanted to be sent to a really good doctor who wound replace the whole thing so I would not need another surgery but I guess the doctors in my are more interested in saving my insurance company the cost of an IPP device.

I read another members post that started with a bb size bump and it led to infection. My doctor said that the bio film that forms around the cylinders have a lot of bacteria in it. So as that mans incision opened that caused the infection so be careful and watch for that when you start cycling. I know I will. A post on that thread by another member was that scar tissue takes longer to heal. So maybe you could ask if they have to go in again if they can remove all the scar tissue and put in a patch or graft to healthy tissue.

66 years young.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Thu May 06, 2021 9:28 am

newbie443 wrote:My doctor said last Tuesday he found the perforation and was able to put the cylinder back in the Tunica. So I guess this means he did not do a suture sling. I have read a paper stating the sling is better so I will have to wait and see. And another paper on a sail type of repair that is superior to both and faster to do and recovery for the patient. I had pain and the RTE would poke my Colin and just was afraid of damage. I go on Medicare next year and can then go any where to have a replacement/repair. So I just hope this repair will get me to that. Just have to wait and see. He left me 50% inflated. Said 6 weeks before I could have sex. He did do some work on my glans hypermobility and a deformity at the base of my other cylinder. I did not expect that as he and other uro's just dismissed my complains and said it was not that bad. I go back for a 2 week incision check with the nurse so it seems I will be at 50% for the full 6 weeks. Really wanted to be sent to a really good doctor who wound replace the whole thing so I would not need another surgery but I guess the doctors in my are more interested in saving my insurance company the cost of an IPP device.

I read another members post that started with a bb size bump and it led to infection. My doctor said that the bio film that forms around the cylinders have a lot of bacteria in it. So as that mans incision opened that caused the infection so be careful and watch for that when you start cycling. I know I will. A post on that thread by another member was that scar tissue takes longer to heal. So maybe you could ask if they have to go in again if they can remove all the scar tissue and put in a patch or graft to healthy tissue.

Some very good advice,, I'm hoping that the surgeon is right when he told me no matter what,, with time it will heal up just fine,,,, I'm hoping he is not just blowing smoke and buying time,, I still have that small bb sized bump right now,, and I am scheduled to start inflating next week,,, scary..
As always,, thank you so much for your helpful advice.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed May 12, 2021 2:57 pm

This is called distal crossover. My 2 cat scans confirmed it but I had an exam by an expert before and he drew me a picture of what happened. There were 5 guys counting me that had this problem back then. One had a revision it was too painful so they slit his penis like a fish end to end and rebuilt the insides. Now he is fine. Another guy had a revision did not hear how that went. I contacted 16 surgeons in all stood naked before more strangers than I care to recall and in the end decided that distal crossover wasn't so bad after all.
My left tip is on top of my penis. The right one is outside of the corpora underneath my penis just below the skins surface. It often burns but VED fixes that.
My plan is to have it fixed if and when I need a revision. I've found a surgeon that I trust so first I'll go for the simple revision and if that leaves me in pain Oh Well!!!
Cross that bridge when it comes.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”