Pump not working

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stewy78

Re: Pump not working

Postby Stewy78 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Waynetho wrote:The recall mentioned previously mentions only during activation of the implant. After two years this event has long passed.

You could try to do a pump reset (squeeze the ends of the long rectangular block over the pump bulb). The deflate valve will not be pressed when pressing the two opposing ends of the block as the deflate valve is on the long side, not the ends.

This is a method listed in the AMS documentation for resetting the pump in some situations. I believe it also mentioned the previous suggestion (or someone here mentioned the Patient Liaison told them to) of pumping while pressing the deflate button, to reset it.

AMS recall statement has no sense. It says that if the patient or the doctor is unable to activate the device, it may be subject to the recall. So basically a device subject to this recall can't be activated. So how the hell a surgeon would implant a device that can't be activated since he tries the device multiple time before closing the incisions?? And if the pump doesn't work he still let it inside the patient body??

I had two ams pumps with serial numbers included in the recall list, both stopped working after a few months of success and Boston scientific is refusing to admit that the fails are related to the recall issue because I was able to activate it at least one time.
In my country other patients are having similar issues with the ams pumps.
We are starting a lawsuit again Boston scientific to have a refund about all the physical, psychological and economical problems that the issue caused.

Anyway the original poster said that his issue happened after 2 years so i think it's not related to the recall, but he can check his pump serial number in the Boston scientific website to check if it's included in the recall list.
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

ck1701

Re: Pump not working

Postby ck1701 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:21 pm

UPDATE 11/2021
The Urologist (that happens to be in the Boston Scientific list) contacted the Rep and told him my story.
The Rep called me and got some information from me, to verify what unit had been implanted.
The Rep called me back and said they would cover the replacement of the unit and would help towards
the hospital bill. We will see how much they covered.
The Urologist decided to go with a LGX this time. It is 1cm bigger and would give more girth.
The entire ordeal took about 1 year however, once the local Rep and the Dr. got involved, it went quickly.

Return to “Implants”