Medical Bracelet For Airports

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
implant1959

Re: Medical Bracelet For Airports

Postby implant1959 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:16 am

RayChez wrote:Well what is made of medal on an implant device? I thought everything was plastic and the cylinders looked to me like rubber. I ask because if their is any metal it might be dangerous when you have a colonoscopy or any dental work. I know that when I went to get a colonoscopy they asked me if I had any implants and I told the nurse that I had a penile implant and she said that she guessed it was OK to have it. But I know for a fact that if you have like a prosthetic knee you can get an infection that will require your implant to come out, let the infection heal off before they put another one in. Any ways I had the colonoscopy and I did not get any infection on my penile implant. Maybe the Titan has some metal on it. About the only thing that might have metal is the pump, not sure.

As an OR nurse i can tell you that having a metal implant vs non metal implant doesn't make a difference with the chance of infection from another procedure. An implant is an implant. Metal makes a small difference when using electrical current for cautery, you don't want the current passing through the metal, so grounding pad placement is what is critical. This doesn't apply to penile implants because the metal is totally surrounded (insulated)by the implant material. The pump definitely has metal in it(one way valves and deflate valve), and probably the reinforcement in the tubing between the reservoir and pump to prevent the lumen from collapsing when under negative pressure. AMS does have a statement about safe MRI dosing, which is related to metal.
Most OR procedures patients receive a dose of antibiotic preoperatively, this is to help prevent infections.
Scott, member of Bionic Brotherhood since 12/2/2020 with activation on 12/17/2020.
Coloplast Titan Touch.
Feel free to PM me, we all need an ear now and then.

Return to “Implants”