VED help with short implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cscout

VED help with short implant

Postby cscout » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:32 pm

My implant is about 2inches shorter then my normal size. I was woundering if a VED might add some length. My implant is too short for intercourse. the doctor made it about 3 inches. any thoughts? I don't know if it is ok to use a VED with an implant.
coloplast SHORTY-14cm+1cm rte TOO short for intercourse. Never had ED until prostate surgey oct. 2016. used VED until implant by Dr. Bodie in march 2017. lost 2 inchs in 4 months.2021 3"L- 4.25 G. hopeing to get revision.

Lost Sheep

Re: VED help with short implant

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:06 pm

In the not to distant past, use of a VED on an implanted penis was thought to be inadvisable. But that way of thinking is changing, both in the medical community and even by the implant manufacturers (is what I have read on Franktalk and on at least one Medical Journal Paper). So, I believe use of A VED (absent contraindications) is OK. Whether it would help with a too-short implant is a completely different question.

I suggest you (if you have not had a hard-hitting and heart-to-heart frank discussion with your surgeon) find another surgeon with more experience and better judgement. I know that is hard to hear, but there is no excuse (outside of medical complications like scar tissue or something) for a penis after implantation to be any shorter than it was in the day prior to implantation. (Comparing to what length one had further back in time is not a truly valid comparison.)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:21 am

So this will take a while for an extremely slow typist like me. But I will do my best to give you my views on this. This and a dollar will get you a large drink at McDonalds so it is worth understanding that this is just my minds understanding of what I have read and the doctors I have talked to

First the most important thing is to find a really good doctor. You do not need a really high volume doctor. What you do need is a doctor that has concern for you and your outcome and keeps up to date with the information being put out by leaders in the field of implants. But you may be lucky enough to have one of these leaders near you. You did not say who your doctor was but you did put your home state and that did bring to mind for me a very good doctor in your state. https://med.umn.edu/bio/urology-faculty/joshua-bodie Now these doctors often have a back log and may take a while to get in to see. And there may be other very good doctors available to you. You just have to find them. Now all doctors have reoperation rates and no one is perfect even the best highest volume doctors in the world. So all you are doing is increasing your chance of a great outcome by going to them. And even low volume doctors have good outcomes. And doctors can have ego's. So you need to understand this to help yourself get them to help you.

Now for some back ground. ED causes size loss. This is in a number of different ways. First is penis health is obtained from nocturnal erections. When these diminish or stop from ED, shrinkage begins. This can be helped with oral meds, injections, and VED therapy. One well known doctor has said that the only way to stop loss is with implant surgery. Size loss can happen from damage caused by penile fracture, scaring from injections, Priapism, and Peyronie's disease. Not knowing your medical background I have no way to know how much any of this pertains to you. So I will cover as much as I can remember from what I understand. This is why a very good doctor that has your medical history can best help you.

There are some very good information in the general section of this site under documents worth reading. And I do advise you spend some time reading as much of that as you can. Ideally this would be before you had your implant surgery but as we cannot go back in time this will still help you understand a bit of this and you can either agree or disagree with my and others views on this. As the number one complaint of implant surgery is size loss you can start with those. This one: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... prosthesis And this is one that is not in that section: https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/d88 ... action.pdf Both of these have early activation that has been said my some to be best for maximum erect size and that longer activation (6-8 weeks) being best for maximum flaccid size. And one very well known NY doctor has been doing activation at day 3 for as long as I can remember for as I guess this reason. Again these are just others that have posted and may or may not be 100% correct. There are other good reads on VED use prior to surgery and VED therapy after prostate cancer that I think should also apply to ED.

First thing I would do is to start a doctor search. I would start local and expand from there. The doctor I linked to above is one you could check with if he is not the one who did your first surgery. Not sure the history with current doctor but as you are here looking for information I just take it you have tried but did not have good luck. I use health grades but that may have some problems with the covid lock down as it goes by doctors experience. If you need help with that send me a pm and I will set up a time to call and walk you through it. You could consider contacting the big name doctors. From your other post you said you have Medicare and many will take that. Only question would be your supplemental and travel expenses. And waiting for covid restrictions. And you could contact the doctors who published papers you read on this. I would not look at any of the penis enhancement places.

As far as your question on VED use, if you are fully healed from your surgery it would be up to you to try or not with out speaking to a doctor. If you are fully healed and want to try a VED I would follow the directions in the last link I posted. That states men were activated at 5-12 days and encouraged to cycle twice a day for 10-15 minutes. At 3 weeks post op VED was instructed to be used without constriction ring for 5 minutes twice a day after device full inflation was achieved.

Good luck with this friend and if you'd like to talk just send me a PM and I will get you my number.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

cscout

Postby cscout » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:28 pm

Thank you so much for all your help! I'll go through all the information you posted here and see what i might be able to do to fix this problem.DR. Bodie from minnesota is the one who did this.When i was to first activated i asked him the brand and size implant and he would not tell me. I think his sent me the details a couple weeks after activaction in an email in the portal.He never contacted after that.
But thank you.
coloplast SHORTY-14cm+1cm rte TOO short for intercourse. Never had ED until prostate surgey oct. 2016. used VED until implant by Dr. Bodie in march 2017. lost 2 inchs in 4 months.2021 3"L- 4.25 G. hopeing to get revision.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:45 pm

If you have an AMS device you can email Jamie Matson and she can send you the specifics of your implant.
Jamie.Matson@bsci.com
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

cscout

Postby cscout » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:00 pm

Thank you for your reply but i got a coloplast14 cm shorty.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:28 pm

You can also contact Coloplast. My AMS card has MRI information on it. It is MRI safe to certain levels. So you might check on this with Coloplast.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

cscout

Postby cscout » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:16 pm

I guess i don't understand about contacting coloplast about an MRI for my device.I as so don't know what a device card is.I have had alot of MRI's inthe last 2 years for my prostate cancer that came back after surgery.Can you explain about device MRI. thank you.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:48 pm

66 years young.

cscout

Postby cscout » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:50 pm

What is the best way to find a excellent doctor for a revision. I searched for penile implant doctors and got hundreds.Any way to narrow that down,or am i looking in the wrong place.

Return to “Implants”