Recommendations

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Pau1pau1

Recommendations

Postby Pau1pau1 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:35 am

Hi which make and model would you suggest.
I’m 57 quite fit happily married.
I’m not interested in the way the flaccid looks as it’s only me and my wife seeing it.
I’m interested in erect. I’m 6 inch by 5 1/2 inch girth.
I really carnt afford to loose either.
Which make model would you recommend .

newbie443

Re: Recommendations

Postby newbie443 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:54 am

I think it would be more important the doctor than the device. I am 6 x 5.5 at 100% inflation with my LGX but a Titan would have been just as good if done by a very good doctor. You may have reasons for one device or the other. A very good doctor that uses both brands and knows your medical history would be the best one to talk to about this. Other very good doctors would have used a Titan for me.

Go to the general section of this site and find the documents worth reading threaded that is pinned to the top and do some reading. VED therapy prior to surgery will help slow down size loss caused by ED. And may help your doctor use a bit larger device. Talk with your doctor about maintaining size. You can also search for the best doctor you are able to use for this. No doctor is perfect but you may find a better doctor and increase your chance of a great outcome.

If you are comfortable with your doctor and trust him/her for this then that would be your best source for a recommendation.

Good luck going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:50 pm

A bit more info please. Do you have any issues. Peyronies etc.

My first was a titan. It took care of my curve right off. Got my length back after a few months.

Revision with ams still the same.

I will say if no peyronies or reason for a really stiff cylinder I love the ams softer cylinders. Hate their pump though. I talked about that a lot with pictures. To fin big.

Love the titan pump their cylinders are stiff though and take a while to get used to.

Best advice. Find the best doc you can and trust them.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Pau1pau1

Postby Pau1pau1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:08 am

Hi no scarring or plaque.
Just lost about an inch over the years through Ed. Don’t want to loose anymore with a implant.
Like I say not bothered about flaccid feel. Want the one which gives most girth and length

implant1959

Postby implant1959 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:17 am

discussion to be had with surgeon, once he examines you, he will have better idea of best plan of action for you.
I have Titan and I have no issues with the cylinders and I am 10 weeks post op.
For some there seems to be a competition over whose cylinder is best, for me I just want one that works. lol
Scott, member of Bionic Brotherhood since 12/2/2020 with activation on 12/17/2020.
Coloplast Titan Touch.
Feel free to PM me, we all need an ear now and then.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:03 pm

the question of ams versus coloplast is important, and has been often addressed here on franktalk. I agree with prior comments that you should decide with your surgeon--since they will know exactly what they are working with. I have posted my opinions on the ams versus titan debate at the following franltalk thread:

https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16298&p=146383&hilit=wiki#p146383

You can see my summary remarks in chapter 20 of my Implant pamphlet wiki.

I hope this helps, but, in general, agree that the best person to advise you is your surgeon.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:25 pm

Pau1pau1 wrote:Hi which make and model would you suggest.
I’m 57 quite fit happily married.
I’m not interested in the way the flaccid looks as it’s only me and my wife seeing it.
I’m interested in erect. I’m 6 inch by 5 1/2 inch girth.
I really carnt afford to loose either.
Which make model would you recommend .

Which make model would you recommend for me?
I need to haul the occasional desk, lumber, etc but sometimes need to carry up to three or four passengers (plus driver)
I want good gas mileage and four-wheel drive is an absolute necessity.
Trailer hauling capacity nice, but optional.

Similar question. Equally difficult to make an unbiased recommendation.

Factors for IPPs that are important to the user vary. You have specified no loss of length. That is more a factor of the surgeon than the implant.
At 6 inches, either the Coloplast or AMS devices would do equally as well. They both get as rigid as anyone needs - or (generally) wants.

As far as the flaccid "look", even though only you and your wife actually see it, everyone who sees you would be able to discern the bulge of your penis through your pants, gym clothes, bathing suit, etc. If your normal flaccid is substantially smaller than your erect size, that is a point in favor or the AMS LGS.

Girth favors the Coloplast, as the Titan cylinders are larger diameter than the AMS cylinders. The Titan (I surmise) can expand to fill the tunica albuginea, whereas the AMS devices are "tunica-independent" and provide their rigidity without depending on the man's -perhaps compromised- tunica -an advantage to men with damage to the tunica.

My advice is to make yourself an integral part of your medical/surgical team's decision-making process. If your surgeon resists this, find another surgeon. If your surgeon has both manufacturers' products available at the time of surgery and can make the decision DURING THE SURGERY what model it best for you, that is ideal.

Implant1959's assessment of the competition over which device is best is spot-on. (I suspect he is referring to Merrix and various parties, including me, who have debated with varying amounts of heat applied.) Enthusiasm for (or against) a particular manufacturer's device should be ignored while gleaning the facts reported by those reporting first-hand experience. Note that first-hand experience, while valid, is by definition anecdotal. Read peer-reviewed analyses published in legitimate medical journals to establish a knowledge base and get familiar with the medical terminology. Take that knowledge with you to your medical team. It will encourage them to give consideration to your opinions and desires.

Like newbie443, I am an advocate of pre-surgery use of Vacuum Erection Devices to 1) emulate the blood flushing through your penile tissues (usually done by nocturnal and daytime erections, absent with sufferers of ED) which keeps the tissues oxygenated and 2) maintain elasticity and size.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

mike123

Postby mike123 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:55 pm

I did a lot of reading here and elsewhere trying to answer that question for myself before my surgery. Do I want a CX or a Titan? I wanted the strength of the Titan cylinders and the greater flexibility of the CX. In the end, I decided that the CX would be better for me because I would spend a lot more time flaccid than hard. Turned out to be a moot point on two accounts. First, my surgeon only did Titans so I couldn't have gotten the CX anyway (because of insurance, I didn't have time to find another surgeon). After a just couple of months of cycling, my Titan has loosened up quite a bit and my flaccid looks pretty much like a normal flaccid. My concern over brand wound up not meaning much.

As LS did a good job of saying, the choice of implant brand is much less important than finding a good surgeon to implant it.

I've got to second (no third) the recommendation for the use of the VED pre implant. Take a look at this paper.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf
Implanted 2020 Nov 30 with Titan 22cm, no RTEs by Dr Dineen in Daytona Beach.
TURP for BPH 2020 Jul 27. Resulted in RE.
ED started around 2005.

Return to “Implants”