I'm In The Club!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
k.b.marino

I'm In The Club!

Postby k.b.marino » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Everybody, I'm resting quietly in the Short Term Stay Unit at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Montague got me done in 2 hours. Pain is pretty minimal. Mostly a burning sensation in my penis and scrotum. Guessing it will get worse before it gets better. First cut was at 8:15 am. Was awake and semi conscious at 11:00 am. Pain was the first sensation that I had. Kind if bad at first, but a little fentanyl held. Laying nearly flat with my knees bent feels better than sitting. The doc says he wants me this way as much as possible. I do have a JP drain just above my penis and a Foley catheter. That all comes out tomorrow just before I leave. I stayed on my insulin pump at 50% of my regular basal rates since last night. No nausea, actually feeling amazing good. One odd thing though, I have noticed several times that it feels like I'm starting to have an erection. Goes away pretty fast. Anyway, I need to nap a but. I'll update later. Thanks for all the prayers.
Age 46, Type 1 diabetes since age 6. Northeast Ohio here Tried orals, injections-single agent, bimix. AMS 700 LGX on 06/28/12 at the Cleveland Clinic by Dr. Drogo Montague

Tx Git Slinger

Re: I'm In The Club!

Postby Tx Git Slinger » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:36 pm

wow. interested in hearing about your progress. best of luck! if you do well, i want to consider this doc!
He is less than the one in Mexicali. I'm wondering what kind of post operative care I will need. I guess I could get that here in Austin!
Anyway, will be thinking about you and awaiting posts on your progress.
Best,
Billy
Austin, TX

k.b.marino

Postby k.b.marino » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:16 am

Well, nearly 24 hours since the cut was made and I have not needed percocet since 7 pm last night. Semi-hard to sleep , yes, pun intended. All of my caregivers have been amazing. Great group of people here from housekeeping to the Doc himself. Great care being in the Short Stay unit. Nite nurse, Jenny, was available instantly for low blood glucose incidents during the nite. Feels almost like one on one nursing care, but I know it's not.

As for the pain issue, i'm a lightweight when it comes to dealing with pain, so I'm really amazed that I'm not curled up. fetal position and crying. I can feel the pump in my scrotum, but have not explored much. I'll wait til packing comes off for that. Walked a bit during the nite after 10 mg of Ambien. Finally fell asleep after 3 am and was awakened at 7 am to pull the catheter. Lots of tape goo in thigh hair. Maybe time for some Goofoff.

That's all for now.
Age 46, Type 1 diabetes since age 6. Northeast Ohio here Tried orals, injections-single agent, bimix. AMS 700 LGX on 06/28/12 at the Cleveland Clinic by Dr. Drogo Montague

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:43 am

Good report! Rest well.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

vladtepes

Postby vladtepes » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:04 am

Happy to read your posts and very encouraging for me as I am planning an implant in the same place after you have given to me the price.
Wish you all the best

Vlad

Tx Git Slinger

Postby Tx Git Slinger » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:47 pm

so the cost was 12k all inclusive????
that's great!

bluis6214

Postby bluis6214 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Welcome... best wishes!
55 years old. ED since 2002 total venous leakage after penile fracture. Tried all the pills and injections all failed to help. Some success with VED, but felt too unnatural to both of us, seldom used. Implanted 06/21/12. Trying to wear IT out.

Tx Git Slinger

DR MONTAGUE!

Postby Tx Git Slinger » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:16 am

YEAH! Sounds awesome man. Been thinking about you and your recovery!

In fact, I called Dr Montague's office today and he called back like 15 minutes later. Super cool guy! Talked for about 15 minutes. I mean who ever heard of a surgeon getting back to you so quickly! Answered all my questions. Very personable.

Anyway, I think we are going to set something up. Would entail me flying to Cleveland but [b]if the price is really only 12K, sign me up![/b]
He says he's only booked up about 6 weeks out.

He's not some quack either. He has done over 2000 of these operations. He is one of the foremost in the field, turns out. That's why it is so hard for me to believe the low price. Wasn't able to get in touch with the finance office today to discuss price, but I"m hoping this isn't too good to be true.

Here's a video of Dr Montague:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EVVzUI8s2U

k.b.marino

Postby k.b.marino » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 am

Just a quick update guys. I tried to do way too much yesterday and I'm paying for it. Have what feels like a prickly grapefruit between my thighs. Had my wife take a few pics, but I can't figure out how to upload them from an IPhone. Ice helps. So you guys know, the first thing I was aware of when I woke up in the OR was a terrible burning sensation in my penis and scrotum. Think day two burn after eating whole habanero peppers, only coming out of your penis and testicles. Then nurse gave me fentanyl and that made things much better. All I can say is stay in bed or a recliner with feet up. My wife is having to straight cath me so I can pee, but that's because narcotics cause me to stop up. Update you all later. TX, glad to hear that you talked to Dr. Montague.

Tx Git Slinger

Postby Tx Git Slinger » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:12 pm

The way i get photos from iphone to computer is email them to my email address. then they are on your laptop/desktop to use. THere's probably an easier way, but that's the way this Luddite does it. Must say tho, the idea of seeing a pic of a prickly grapefruit between the legs has me a bit squeamish. then again, sounds like that's what I"m in for!! :lol:

Return to “Implants”