Pre/post op care with popular high volume doctors versus less popular high volume doctors

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PeaceofPain07

Pre/post op care with popular high volume doctors versus less popular high volume doctors

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:50 pm

Is it better to pick a popular high volume implant doctor, or a less popular high volume implant doctor?

I'm curious if popular high volume doctors are too busy to give better pre/post-op care compared to less popular high volume doctors. Living in NY, I'm considering a popular doctor in Manhattan. I met him and his team already. Felt comfortable as he came off knowledgeable and reviews are plenty. I don't have anything bad to say, except I see a few signs of how busy they are already pre-op. Things that should take days sometimes taking weeks. Realized I need to stay on top of them by calling for the same reminders. I don't think it's their fault. They've always been nice and eventually get things done. Maybe just understaffed so they get so busy and forget things. Many positive reviews must have brought in much business. Is a busy office a sign of a good or bad care? Should I look for a less popular high volume doctor?
Last edited by PeaceofPain07 on Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born 1986. Implanted 3/21, Eid. Titan 20cm + 1RTE. 5'11 178lbs.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

Txagq8

Re: Pre/post op care with popular high volume doctors versus less popular high volume doctors

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:36 pm

My single example of me doth not a statistical sample make.

Perhaps you’ll get enough folks commenting to see a pattern. I don’t know.

At any rate, I used s high volume (100-150 a year x 9 or 10 years) doc in AustinnTexas. I was (and remain) happy with outcome.

Post surgery support was excellent. Only downside was 50 mi drive each way to his office. It was, however, close to a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop so I was able to buy pastries I didn’t need to celebrate my bionic dick.

Here’s how good the follow up was: it was included in price. I didn’t get billed for visits for 3 months or so. And they didn’t tell me when to come back. They asked me how soon I wNted to come back for a follow up.

Iirc they saw me (after surgery) on day 3, 6, 10, 14, 21, 28, snd 42.

My bulb was being contrary before it finally settled in to a convenient place in my nutsack. So they were watching that. No other real problems. They’d look me over, then tell me to inflate and deflate and they’d tell me if I was doing anything wrong or if they knew a better technique etc etc. for me, familiarizing with my bionic dick wasn’t total discovery learning. I had some help snd was happy with it.

I can see how some folks at hugely popular practices might not get so much attention. I saw both the doc and the PA, but the PA was by far the most useful and knowledgeable for me once the surgeon had it installed.

Also the time frame (right after XMas/New Year) probably meant the practice was flower due to folks traveling over holiday. At any rate, I got a shit pot load of individual help and attention and I was real happy about it. That’s how things should be done but so seldom are.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

PeaceofPain07

Re: Pre/post op care with popular high volume doctors versus less popular high volume doctors

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:06 pm

Txagq8 wrote:.

Thanks for sharing your individual experience. I learned their office is only open tues-thurs now. That my be another reason things that should take a few days take many weeks. As the doctor is getting older and probably closer to retirement, I can understand fewer work days. He deserves it, but I'm a bit concerned that less working hours and more business equates to less time for care (especially during surgery & post-op when I'd be most concerned). I see few of the busy signs already. I'm thinking it over. Pro is this doctor is closest to me as we both live in NY. I know of another less popular high-volume doctor in ATL. Cheaper, great reviews but not as many (makes sense as he's young-mid aged growing in the field). The commute is annoying but I have a 100% remote job, so work and temporary hotel costs are of little concern. Guess I need advice if it's wise to commute in my case.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:38 pm

I think I’m right in guessing the two docs you’re mentioning and just want to weigh in on my experience. I’m close to NY, but after meeting with a doctor there, I only got a follow up call (after I had left 3 messages).

The younger doctor was much more eager to reach out to me. I received a response on a Saturday morning! During the first zoom call I got his personal cell phone number and have been texting and emailing with him about the procedure. Haven’t done the surgery yet, but so far the pre-op care has been outstanding.

Again, just my experience
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

PeaceofPain07

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:54 pm

fade3W wrote:I think I’m right in guessing the two docs you’re mentioning and just want to weigh in on my experience. I’m close to NY, but after meeting with a doctor there, I only got a follow up call (after I had left 3 messages).

The younger doctor was much more eager to reach out to me. I received a response on a Saturday morning! During the first zoom call I got his personal cell phone number and have been texting and emailing with him about the procedure. Haven’t done the surgery yet, but so far the pre-op care has been outstanding.

Again, just my experience

Thanks Fade. Perhaps commuting is wise then. Besides the high volume doctor in Manhattan, Is there any other high volume doctor closer to NY to consider? Maybe I won't have to go as far as ATL, so anything closer than ATL from NY.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:58 pm

PeaceofPain07 wrote:Thanks Fade. Perhaps commuting is wise then. Besides the high volume doctor in Manhattan, Is there any other high volume doctor closer to NY to consider? Maybe I won't have to go as far as ATL, so anything closer than ATL from NY.

Dr Andrew Kramer is in Baltimore and in my mind is the other world superstar along with Dr Eid in NY. However Dr Kramer left Chesapeake Urology last year due to some legal drama, and I'm not sure if he has completed opening up his new private practice in Baltimore yet. He does have a website up and running though.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:11 pm

Dr Kramer is moving to Cape Cod Mass., I think his practice is opening in March sometime.

Also I’ve heard good things about Dr Ricardo Munarriz in Boston
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

Return to “Implants”