Pain on inflation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jamie123

Pain on inflation

Postby Jamie123 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Hi all recently had revision surgery and was implanted with a Titan from an AMS previously,very pleased with results but when I inflate my penis feels quite painful . I had my operation about 4 weeks ago so should this pain eventually subside . I didn’t get this pain with the AMS post surgery .

Lost Sheep

Re: Pain on inflation

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:14 pm

Jamie123 wrote:Hi all recently had revision surgery and was implanted with a Titan from an AMS previously,very pleased with results but when I inflate my penis feels quite painful . I had my operation about 4 weeks ago so should this pain eventually subside . I didn’t get this pain with the AMS post surgery .

More details would help us help you.

Where is the pain?
Inside the glans?
In the shaft?
In the pelvic crus?
In the scrotum?

Pain sharp or dull?

Goes away when you stop pumping?

Persists even when you stop pumping and increases or decreases with time (minutes, I am asking) or stays the same?

How does the pain diminish as you (slowly, by small increments) deflate?

If you pump up to less than full and increase to the pain level, does the pain level come on suddenly or over the entire pumping process?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Jamie123

Postby Jamie123 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi the pain is in the shaft it’s a dull pain that comes on gradually then slowly diminishes to a little ache when I’m deflated .

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Jamie123 wrote:Hi the pain is in the shaft it’s a dull pain that comes on gradually then slowly diminishes to a little ache when I’m deflated .

It is true that the Coloplast has a larger diameter than the AMS. More details that might help is 1) the size of the Titan you now have and 2) the size and model of the AMS you previously had. The reason for the replacement. Is the location of the pain anywhere near the incision in the tunica albuginea where the surgeon went into the penis to place the device (not always known by the patient, so asking your surgeon might be necessary or feeling around to see if you can trace the tubing). Was the entry point of your surgery above the penis, through the scrotum or near the glans?

Is the pain near the most recent entry point or the prior entry point? Scar tissue from the prior implant (or prior surgeries, injury or Peyronie's disease if you have it) might be the source of constriction on inflation which might be the cause.

Keep in mind that I am not any sort of medical professional.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”