Im angry and depressed as f*ck. Just had a consultation for the prosthesis.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: Im angry and depressed as f*ck. Just had a consultation for the prosthesis.

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:11 am

Txagq8 wrote:Baseball fan: just noticed in your signature block you’re in Texas. What part? BTW if I remember correctly the doc in Austin who did mine has a reasonably decent cash price for folks with insurance problems. He isn’t high volume Eid or Kramer but he does 2 or 3 a week for last 8 years or so thus he probably knows what he is doing.

Gt: strangely enough I’m a ‘56 model also. Turn 65 next month so its Medicare time. My supplemental covers implants. So revisions will be no out of pocket. Getting old may suck but not totally.

I'm guessing that you have Tricare. My Legacy insurance is from the other side of the same employer but thru Aetna. Btw, I'd be inclined to say that your surgeon qualifies as a high volume guy. I think the forum generally starts high volume at 100 to 150 a year. At 2+ a week I think he makes the cut.
I would suggest that one of the younger guys start a new thread. Title it whatever he wants but so we can focus on some ideas on helping them swing the implant costs. $25k for someone under 30 is a pretty steep wall to be looking at. Maybe some advice on how to maneuver thru the surgeon selection process. Maybe a few other topics that they are interested in.
I'm thinking that perhaps we might be quick to dismiss some of their fears. Not saying that a scared guy will listen to some geezer logic. But if the words don't get said then we didn't do right by them. It's up to them to act on it.
So which you guys wants to step up & start the topic?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:28 am

Gt1956 wrote:
Txagq8 wrote:Baseball fan: just noticed in your signature block you’re in Texas. What part? BTW if I remember correctly the doc in Austin who did mine has a reasonably decent cash price for folks with insurance problems. He isn’t high volume Eid or Kramer but he does 2 or 3 a week for last 8 years or so thus he probably knows what he is doing.

Gt: strangely enough I’m a ‘56 model also. Turn 65 next month so its Medicare time. My supplemental covers implants. So revisions will be no out of pocket. Getting old may suck but not totally.

I'm guessing that you have Tricare. My Legacy insurance is from the other side of the same employer but thru Aetna. Btw, I'd be inclined to say that your surgeon qualifies as a high volume guy. I think the forum generally starts high volume at 100 to 150 a year. At 2+ a week I think he makes the cut.
I would suggest that one of the younger guys start a new thread. Title it whatever he wants but so we can focus on some ideas on helping them swing the implant costs. $25k for someone under 30 is a pretty steep wall to be looking at. Maybe some advice on how to maneuver thru the surgeon selection process. Maybe a few other topics that they are interested in.
I'm thinking that perhaps we might be quick to dismiss some of their fears. Not saying that a scared guy will listen to some geezer logic. But if the words don't get said then we didn't do right by them. It's up to them to act on it.

Thanks GT. I would be happy to take the initiative. I’m not sure which sub-forum to post on. Implants and just a list of questions? Let me know what you think.
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:29 am

Thank you, I am in Houston. I heard of a Dr Robert Cornell who I thought looked like an up and coming younger surgeon, however I heard from a member that they had a very negative experience with him. Maybe you’ve heard of him? There’s also a well accomplished urologist in San Antonio named Dr LeRoy Jones who happens to do some implants
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:33 am

Gt1956 wrote:Sorry, left out a key word, "instead". I was meaning that your parents insurance would not be an option if you were older than 26.
Sounds like you've had talks with your parents. How badly did that go? Suggestion, you might want to casually & gently point out to your mother that if you can't get this fixed. It will be highly unlikely that you'll ever produce grandchildren. There is a chance that she hasn't thought that possibility all the way through. Even if she comes back with artificial insemination. You should point out that just one attempt would pay for your initial implant.
Please be careful. Some of this might take some time to sink in. But from my point of view, this is a legitimate point to make.
Just trying to give you some talking points to use. Again, just my geezer opinion. Getting your mother on your side will be important to your potential outcome.
Now go make your point when you feel the time is right. Timing might be important. Hint, mothers day is just a few months away. Good luck.

To respond to this: I actually had some sort of scan done on my dick where they injected me with something. It hurt a little bad I didn’t feel a full erection. Didn’t feel like a rock hard dick at all. It did get bigger but again not all that hard. Doc said it looked fine and in my head. Personally, I feel like I’d be most comfortable addressing the issue by going to see a counselor and when, inevitably, that service does nothing to help... move back into the urologists offices

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:29 am

Baseballfan11 wrote:
To respond to this: I actually had some sort of scan done on my dick where they injected me with something. It hurt a little bad I didn’t feel a full erection. Didn’t feel like a rock hard dick at all. It did get bigger but again not all that hard. Doc said it looked fine and in my head. Personally, I feel like I’d be most comfortable addressing the issue by going to see a counselor and when, inevitably, that service does nothing to help... move back into the urologists offices

This thread is already so OT that what the heck...
I had the same thing. I was young - not too different from your age - I think I was around 25, when I went to see a urologist in my home town. Injected me. Said I would now have a hardon for up to 4 hours so could be embarrassing leaving his clinic. Then he'd do an ultrasound test to check my blood flow. Doppler test I guess.
So he injected me. Waited 10-15 minutes, came in, looked at my dick and said "Yeah, that looks good. No problem there as far as I can see. Let's do the ultrasound". I had a semi. No way I could have used it for sex. Standing up it would have hung at 4 o'clock or something. Thick, heavy. But not hard. I would seriously not have been able to penetrate a woman with it. Not without her help at least.
Then he did the ultrasound test, which I assume was the same doppler test I had twice almost 20 years later as well. Those two times, both doctors (one of them being Eid), said results were crap. Eid said he thought it was surprising that I could even have penetrative sex at all. My inflow was no problem at all, at or even above average, but my outflow was a total disaster. He said I should not get much improvement from pills either with this outflow, and that this just made me an even better candidate for an implant.
Anyway, back 20 years in time, the local doc said my ultrasound results were just fine. And the injection showed thee was no problem. All in my head. That I told him that I never got spontaneous lasting erections, that I could not take a 10 seconds break when masturbating, that I hadn't had proper morning wood since I was 12 or 13 - that was nothing he was going to listen to. I was young, in shape. All in my head.
And he sent me and my gf off to a sexual therapist. Which was the most useless, embarrassing, waste of money crap I have ever done in my life.
And by the way, the "4 hours embarrassing erection"... Well, I went straight from the doctor downtown and did some shopping. Just a little fuller down there. No erection at all already 30 minutes after the injection.

Funny this. Why do apparently several doctors inject patients, see a chubby semi, and then say it looks good?
Anyone has a good explanation? Maybe those of you who know about injections from first-hand experience?
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:45 am

Baseballfan11 wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:

Thanks GT. I would be happy to take the initiative. I’m not sure which sub-forum to post on. Implants and just a list of questions? Let me know what you think.

Why should a 65 year old drive the questions that 18-30 year old needs help on? At least in my case, my answers will reflect my feelings on what I have decided by reading FT concerning my upcoming surgery. Since I've climbed out on the limb named implant, I would suggest the implant section. As for pills & injections. They seem to get decent exposure here. Young members section, to me, seems to be guys looking for a miracle cure. I don't share that philosophy so I'd be a poor one to respond there.
Both of my doctors were not enthused about suppositories or shots so I didn't persue those even tho I was willing to try.
Ball is in some young guys court. Lets see if it gets some good traction. As an old guy I'm willing to answer, from my point of view. I won't promise to make you happy but I'll try to give perspective & point out problems with what some strategies might have. Again, from my point of view. I think the questions should be well thought out by someone that is young enough to not be seeing it from an older view.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:50 am

I'm a bit confused, Merrix...I was injected by my Urologist with Tri-Mix (PGE-1, papaverine & phentolomine) which produced a full erection. At home, I successfully used the same injected medication for almost two years but had to go to the hospital ER 3 times for treatment of Priapism. As the effectiveness of the injections waned, scar tissue was building up and with it the start of PD. So, what was different about the medication injected by your surgeon?
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:17 am

barrylandon wrote:I'm a bit confused, Merrix...I was injected by my Urologist with Tri-Mix (PGE-1, papaverine & phentolomine) which produced a full erection. At home, I successfully used the same injected medication for almost two years but had to go to the hospital ER 3 times for treatment of Priapism. As the effectiveness of the injections waned, scar tissue was building up and with it the start of PD. So, what was different about the medication injected by your surgeon?

I have no idea. But it happened three times. The only three times I ever got injected. Once as I described above in my twenties.
Second time in Austria when I had my Sclerotherapy surgery. Doctor injected to give me an erection and then he would do the doppler test.
I only got a semi. He even went out of the room, told me to do some jerking off to get it up and then he'd come in and do the test. Still didn't work. Only a semi.
Third injection was Dr. Eid. Same thing. He wanted to give me an erection to agree on what my pre-op size was and to do the doppler test. Same result. Only a semi.
But as Eid put it, my VL was so gigantic that he was amazed I could have sex at all, even with overdose of pills.
So I guess my VL was just too bad for even injections to work properly.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Accutane2020

Postby Accutane2020 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:54 am

merrix wrote:
Baseballfan11 wrote:

This thread is already so OT that what the heck...
I had the same thing. I was young - not too different from your age - I think I was around 25, when I went to see a urologist in my home town. Injected me. Said I would now have a hardon for up to 4 hours so could be embarrassing leaving his clinic. Then he'd do an ultrasound test to check my blood flow. Doppler test I guess.
So he injected me. Waited 10-15 minutes, came in, looked at my dick and said "Yeah, that looks good. No problem there as far as I can see. Let's do the ultrasound". I had a semi. No way I could have used it for sex. Standing up it would have hung at 4 o'clock or something. Thick, heavy. But not hard. I would seriously not have been able to penetrate a woman with it. Not without her help at least.
Then he did the ultrasound test, which I assume was the same doppler test I had twice almost 20 years later as well. Those two times, both doctors (one of them being Eid), said results were crap. Eid said he thought it was surprising that I could even have penetrative sex at all. My inflow was no problem at all, at or even above average, but my outflow was a total disaster. He said I should not get much improvement from pills either with this outflow, and that this just made me an even better candidate for an implant.
Anyway, back 20 years in time, the local doc said my ultrasound results were just fine. And the injection showed thee was no problem. All in my head. That I told him that I never got spontaneous lasting erections, that I could not take a 10 seconds break when masturbating, that I hadn't had proper morning wood since I was 12 or 13 - that was nothing he was going to listen to. I was young, in shape. All in my head.
And he sent me and my gf off to a sexual therapist. Which was the most useless, embarrassing, waste of money crap I have ever done in my life.
And by the way, the "4 hours embarrassing erection"... Well, I went straight from the doctor downtown and did some shopping. Just a little fuller down there. No erection at all already 30 minutes after the injection.

Funny this. Why do apparently several doctors inject patients, see a chubby semi, and then say it looks good?
Anyone has a good explanation? Maybe those of you who know about injections from first-hand experience?

I had an identical situation with a well thought of doctor in my home town. He injected me and spent the next 10 minutes complementing me on the size of what was basically a semi and literally asking what was wrong with me when I protested that it was pointing at 5 o’clock. He told me to use a cock ring and said I would be crazy to consider an implant. I tried to explain the benefits calmly but he was insistent. Thankfully I then got in touch with a more reasonable urologist.
Mid 20’s. Titan 22 cm + 1.5cm RTE. All good so far.

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:24 am

merrix wrote:

When I had a recent Penile Doppler scan, they warned me about priapism and having a four hour erection, then injected me and started the scan. However I only got a semi and it was embarrassing.

However, with the results of the doppler scan done, the attitude of the doctors changed immediately. The urologist I was seeing stopped telling me it is in my head and instead referred me to a specialist surgeon who put me on injection therapy.

I am on a mix which is really just BIMIX + atropine, so weaker than PGE1, yet I have not had a repetition of what occurred in the surgery. I find injection response to be mostly unpredictable - sometimes the erection goes down in time, other times I'm gulping Sudafed and panicking. The erection can also wane and return.

To answer your question, I think it's because doctors know that injection response is variable, they think most young cases of ED are psychogenic, and there is little harm done in conservative diagnosis, and finally because of experience, most urologists aren't experienced in diagnosing venous leaks.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

Return to “Implants”