If you have RTE installed with your implant, what are the do’s and dont’s ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
proctor

If you have RTE installed with your implant, what are the do’s and dont’s ?

Postby proctor » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:46 pm

I know one thing that having no RTE is more preferable if it is anatomically permissible, but if someone has no other options, what can he do to negate the disadvantages, or what he shouldn’t do? Is cowgirl or reverse cowgirl too dangerous for the RTE enabled implant?
Rigicon Infla 10 AX , 18 Cm, 2 RTE, 110 ml. Dr Andrew Kramer

wolfpacker

Re: If you have RTE installed with your implant, what are the do’s and dont’s ?

Postby wolfpacker » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:01 pm

Sorry I don't have an answer for your question, but I wanted to ask you: you are one of very few men on here who have the Rigicon inflatable implant. What do you think of it so far?
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 pm

AMS implants come in 3cm increments. Coloplast in 2cm increments. So when the surgeon measures you in surgery he/she will determine your total length. For example my surgeon measured me 11cm up and 11cm down. So total 22cm. AMS length's for the LGX stop at 21cm so a 1cm RTE was used to get the overall length to match. Could have been 21.5 and a .5 then would be needed. As my doctor decided the LGX was the best device for me that is the device the AMS rep had in all the available sizes in the OR for my surgery. Had my doctor decided the Coloplast Titan was best for me he would have used the 22cm. Had I been 21.5 he would have used a 20cm Titan with a 1.5cm RTE. So you will not know if you need RTE's until your surgeon measures you in the OR. One surgeon is known to have trimmed the hard ends of the implants to avoid RTE's. But I have not read of any others doing so. This is done for a perfect fit also and the reason most all doctors will only say they will get the cylinder tips with in .05cm of each other.

There are no do's or don'ts with either. It is just part of properly sizing the implant to the man.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:59 am

newbie443, You have some good theories there but I disagree. I had my 700lgx installed at keck usc and they are a high volume implanter. MY cruses is about 4 inch deep. Without the rte's the inflation tubes would have to run deep into my perineum area. I have 5cm of RTEs and my inflation tubes are just below my pubic bone. Right where they need to be. My useable is 6 inch and I can hang a towel on it. I can and do bend it straight up and down without the fear of hurting anything.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:55 am

Having RTEs are imperceptible once installed. Only way they would be a problem is if they extended beyond the Cruz to the front. Most men would not notice any problems with RTES.
I have not found a position that uncomfortable.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:48 am

oldbeek wrote:newbie443, You have some good theories there but I disagree. I had my 700lgx installed at keck usc and they are a high volume implanter. MY cruses is about 4 inch deep. Without the rte's the inflation tubes would have to run deep into my perineum area. I have 5cm of RTEs and my inflation tubes are just below my pubic bone. Right where they need to be. My useable is 6 inch and I can hang a towel on it. I can and do bend it straight up and down without the fear of hurting anything.

What part of my reply do you disagree with? Please explain. My surgical notes show I was measured 11cm up and 11 cm down (4 5/16"). So I do have the inflatable cylinder deep into my body. As do many other men on the site. If there is a reason for the tubing to exit from the incision (usually scaring or something that prevents dilation enough) RTE's are added. This information is from the AMS surgical procedures to doctors. Again unless there are reasons to require additional RTE's the purpose of RTE"s is to make up the difference in the gaps in the length of the available cylinder sizes. The Rigicon cylinders have a gap between 18cm and 22cm. So no cylinder options between those 2 sizes. And the doctor measured the over all length for the OP as 20cm. So he used the 18cm cylinders and 2cm RTE to achieve this. https://www.bostonscientific.com/conten ... M_en_s.pdf Page 15 covers AMS instructions for measurement.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:42 pm

I have an 18 cm LGX implant with 2 RTEs for a total of 20 cm...crux to mid-glans. I realize that RTEs are used to bridge the gap between measurement during surgery and the available implant sizes (12, 15, 18 & 21 cm for the LGX). What I don't understand, for example, is...Why would a surgeon give a guy a 15 cm implant with 5 RTEs instead of an 18 cm implant with just 2 RTEs?
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 73 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:09 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe some surgeons only want the tubing to go between the cylinders and the pump straight down. I actually believe it makes it easier for them to do it. I don't think it's the best option, but the surgeon is usually in charge.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:54 am

I asked my first surgeon this. His answer was the same as eid. Keep them to a minimum number if possible. If they are needed to get tubing to a desired length then he might have to use them.

If you have a really deep crus and the tubing will not come up from crus make downturn to pump and sit pump low enough in sac then you may need more rtes.

The factor is length of tube from cylinder base to pump. Not everybody is the same. My crus is short so I actually have a bit of excess tubing. My pump sits lower than my balls. Just way it is.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

proctor

Postby proctor » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:28 am

wolfpacker wrote:Sorry I don't have an answer for your question, but I wanted to ask you: you are one of very few men on here who have the Rigicon inflatable implant. What do you think of it so far?

So far so good! Touchwood :D

I think Rigicon Infla AX its functionality is similar to AMS LGX model as it expands both length and girth wise. Havent hit the 6 month milestone, but very pleased with the overall result.

Shouls you need any specific info feel free to PM me
Rigicon Infla 10 AX , 18 Cm, 2 RTE, 110 ml. Dr Andrew Kramer

Return to “Implants”