any erosion victims here? input requested

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bionic3rdleg

any erosion victims here? input requested

Postby bionic3rdleg » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi, group - I hope everyone is having a great holidays season. I may have an erosion problem, but wanted to get impressions here.

I got an LGX implant about 8 years ago (post-prostatectomy) and have been very happy with it. I had Peyronie's which made intercourse problematic, but this was completely solved (to this point) with the implant. The Peyronie's (prior to implant) caused a curvature to the right of about 15 degrees. The head is a bit tilted due to the Peyronies (post implant), but it has been a complete non-problem until now. I would say that the length of the implant is perfect - the tips of the implant up to this point result in what I would expect, a slight recession from the tip but not so much as to cause "floppiness". I have had no troubles - no pain, irritation, etc during full inflation and during intercourse.

My problem: for the past couple of weeks (completely deflated), I have had occasional sharp stabbing pains just at the left tip of the implant. It causes me great discomfort (I'd say an 8/10 on the pain scale) while it is happening. It can persist for a second, or many seconds across several minutes, and I see no relationship to activity, inactivity, etc - it just seems very random.

For those of you (if any) that have experienced erosion - is this symptomatic of that?
I recently had a spinal fusion surgery (L4-L5-S1 about 8 weeks ago), and this could be a symptom of that - but for obvious reasons I am not eager to bring it up to my surgeon/nurse unless it is related. My implant surgeon is now out-of-network, so I would either need a new urologist or pay out-of-pocket to consult with him.

It appears to be increasing in frequency - so unless it suddenly stops I may be in for some challenges here.
Thanks for any / all help.
Jeff

newbie443

Re: any erosion victims here? input requested

Postby newbie443 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:47 am

Any updates on this? Did you try a search on this site for posts of past no longer active members on this. And of course with 8 years on your implant now would be a good time to look for a doctor and plan for your revision. The doctors that do implants in my coverage area do not do or do not want to do revisions because they are more difficult. So this would be the time to find a really good doctor and ask him/her about this problem and have a source for revision when the time comes.

I cannot help with an answer to your question but will move this up for others to view and hope it helps in some way. But I do feel that this is something you should see a really good doctor about. Good luck going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

bionic3rdleg

Re: any erosion victims here? input requested

Postby bionic3rdleg » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:14 pm

Thanks, Newbie.
I haven't done a search for past posts - that is a good idea.
Fortunately, I have not had another pain episode for several days so I am hoping this was a transient side effect of my spine surgery.
I expected to get another decade out of my implant - I am surprised looking for a revision surgeon would be timely yet.

Return to “Implants”