For Christmas I got a new implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
C_lab34

For Christmas I got a new implant

Postby C_lab34 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:40 am

Had implant revision surgery for my broken AMS CX on december 23rd. I swapped the CX for a Titan. The procedure was performed by Dr. Alex Tatem in Indianapolis. Arrived at the surgery center at 6, was checked in by a nurse, then went into a room where I changed into a gown and got into a gurney. A nurse asked me some basic health history questions and went over a few aspects of the procedure while another nurse administered an IV drip of antibiotics. She also gave me gabapentin and an anti-inflammatory, the name of which escapes me.

They took my blood pressure and then Dr. Tatem came in and looked at the defective device and explained his intentions for the surgery. He wanted to go Infrapubic and he would remove the existing reservoir only if it seemed easy enough, but he would be willing to do the drain and retain, where the reservoir is decommissioned but left in the place, and then a new reservoir is placed on the other side of the abdomen. He seemed very confident and relaxed and his manner put me at ease, although I was still feeling some nerves, even though I have gone through this before.

The anesthesiologist came in next and I told him that I reacted poorly to the anesthesia in my last surgery. I projectile vomited and had to stay in the hospital the whole day because I kept puking, and I believe all the coughing and retching jostled things around made my recovery more arduous and protracted. The anesthesiologist said he would keep that in mind and give me anti-nausea medication.

Then the nurses wheeled me to the OR, a gleaming and technologically sophisticated place with many people in scrubs adjusting various instruments and making last minute preparations. In my last surgery I was out before I got to the OR so this was a new experience. The nurse introduced me to the team and they put me on the table. Laying down was the last thing I remembered.

I woke up with considerable pressure in my abdomen and on my bladder, but absolutely no nausea, and very little pain. The nurse said everything went well. Dr Tatem came by and said he was happy with the surgery and that I did great. He implanted a 24 cm Titan with no rear tips and the original genesis pump. He left the old reservoir in on my right and put in the 125 cc reservoir on my left. Coming out of the surgery I had no catheter and two drains, one on either side, to help with reducing swelling.

After only about an hour, I was wheeled out to my dad and sister and we drove the hour and a half home. The most uncomfortable parts were the drains and the reservoir. I had virtually no scrotal or penile pain, unlike last time. When I got home I went to pee and it burned like the fires of hell. It worried me for a second but I calmed myself down. At least I could pee.

I spent pretty much the next 48 hours on my back in bed, with my dad bringing me food. I had a good appetite and ate heartily, again with no nausea. Yesterday I removed my dressing and was shocked to see very little bruising and swelling on the penis or scrotum. I seem to be completely or almost completely deflated. The Titan is very soft and pliable, contrary to what most people report. I can bend it up or down and feel all the crinkles and small folds, but it's not uncomfortable at all. The worst swelling is around the infrapubic incision site, but it's not terrible. I could easily feel the genesis pump low and centered in the scrotum. The only slight flaw I can detect is that some of the exit tubing on the left side is palpable along the base and underside of my penis, but it's down there pretty low and I don't really foresee it being a problem for sex. Finally this morning I was able to poop. I was getting a little nervous about that but it made me feel much better.

The big task for me today is removing the drains, which I am somewhat dreading. Normally I would have been scheduled to have that done at their clinic yesterday, but because it was Christmas, that was not an option. So I can either do it myself today, or wait until monday, when I go back up for a follow up. I really want to get these things out, as they are at this point the most uncomfortable part of this recovery, but it seems kind of intense to do myself. I am currently trying to steele myself for the act.

I have attached a pic from early yesterday. You can kind of see the drains on either hip, which are kind of gross. But this is how it looks with no inflation and very little if any swelling. Don't mind my cat Marj, lol. She has been in bed with me pretty much the entire time. I will keep the board updated on my progress, as well as my reflections on the experience.
Attachments
F8369D5B-CC46-43E5-AAC0-4D4A43F9A136.jpeg
F8369D5B-CC46-43E5-AAC0-4D4A43F9A136.jpeg (1006.89 KiB) Viewed 1533 times

MarkJohnson0918

Re: For Christmas I got a new implant

Postby MarkJohnson0918 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:51 am

Merry Christmas I got my AMS CX on the 21st. I made the mistake of playing with pump Christmas morning and deflated and inflated twice now the scrotem is pretty swollen
Anyone know what the difference between CX and LGX. I was expecting the LGX model.
AMS 700 CX 15 installed Dec 21, 2020 by Dr. Laurence Baum Houston Texas. penoscrotal With abdomen incision for resvoir

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:40 am

Merry Christmas C_lab34! What a great Christmas gift for yourself. As a young guy, can you give any comments on how having the implant has gone over the past 4 years?
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:39 am

C_lab: Merry Christmas and congratulations.. Good luck wiht the new implant.
Frank
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:33 pm

Wolfpacker, I'd be more than happy to elaborate.

I am now 34 years old, and got my first implant when I was 29, after having struggled with ED my entire life. Though my initial recovery was difficult, with some issues I have documented here in an old thread, I can say with full confidence that once I was fully healed, and once I adjusted my mind to the new reality of having a prosthetic device inside me, my quality of life went through the roof.

Now, that is not to say that all the other things in my life magically got better. It's not as if I suddenly started making more money, or increased my IQ by thirty points, or anything like that. But what changed most dramatically was my ability to focus on something without that dark, grim background of impotence staining the picture. It has been a totally different mental reality. Thanks to the peace and clarity of mind provided by the implant, of knowing that I was now capable of sex whenever I wanted, I was able to really get serious about my writing habit, and it led to me writing a book that I will be publishing in the early part of 2021.

I finally experienced the pleasure of uninhibited, unashamed sex, without explanation or apology for my dsyfunction, and what I also learned over those four years is that, really and truly, a man is not defined by his penis, by its size or functioning, and that while sex is extremely enjoyable, and even sometimes a profound experience with a loving partner, it is not the peak of existence, and that life is very much worth living even if you cannot have it. I no longer feel that my value is determined by the condition of my genitals, and that, say I were unable to have sex at all, I would still have plenty to live for, whereas, when I had ED as a younger man, and had not yet experienced sex without anxiety, I inflated (pun intended) its importance, its centrality, and assumed that it was really the most important thing in the world, and that I could never be happy without it. The implant has given me perspective and strength and confidence in myself as a complete person, regardless of my sexual functioning. All that being said, of course I am looking forward to using this bad boy, but on a deeper level, I know I am much more than that, and I wish other men who have suffered the same way could understand that as well.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Wondering what failed on your ams cx?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:59 pm

C_lab34 wrote:Wolfpacker, I'd be more than happy to elaborate.

I am now 34 years old, and got my first implant when I was 29, after having struggled with ED my entire life. Though my initial recovery was difficult, with some issues I have documented here in an old thread, I can say with full confidence that once I was fully healed, and once I adjusted my mind to the new reality of having a prosthetic device inside me, my quality of life went through the roof.

Now, that is not to say that all the other things in my life magically got better. It's not as if I suddenly started making more money, or increased my IQ by thirty points, or anything like that. But what changed most dramatically was my ability to focus on something without that dark, grim background of impotence staining the picture. It has been a totally different mental reality. Thanks to the peace and clarity of mind provided by the implant, of knowing that I was now capable of sex whenever I wanted, I was able to really get serious about my writing habit, and it led to me writing a book that I will be publishing in the early part of 2021.

I finally experienced the pleasure of uninhibited, unashamed sex, without explanation or apology for my dsyfunction, and what I also learned over those four years is that, really and truly, a man is not defined by his penis, by its size or functioning, and that while sex is extremely enjoyable, and even sometimes a profound experience with a loving partner, it is not the peak of existence, and that life is very much worth living even if you cannot have it. I no longer feel that my value is determined by the condition of my genitals, and that, say I were unable to have sex at all, I would still have plenty to live for, whereas, when I had ED as a younger man, and had not yet experienced sex without anxiety, I inflated (pun intended) its importance, its centrality, and assumed that it was really the most important thing in the world, and that I could never be happy without it. The implant has given me perspective and strength and confidence in myself as a complete person, regardless of my sexual functioning. All that being said, of course I am looking forward to using this bad boy, but on a deeper level, I know I am much more than that, and I wish other men who have suffered the same way could understand that as well.

You sound like a wise and well adjusted man. Thanks for sharing.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:38 am

oldbeek wrote:Wondering what failed on your ams cx?

Dr. Tatem told me there was a break in the right cylinder. Who knows "why". It just broke. Maybe I wore it down.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:09 am

C_lab34 wrote:Wolfpacker, I'd be more than happy to elaborate.

Thank you for those very insightful words. I hope I can get the implant soon and be in the same mindset as you by the end of 2021!
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:43 am

Congrats! Looks like the cat likes it also :lol: .
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Return to “Implants”