Penile Implant durability - Coloplast / AMS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rocco84

Penile Implant durability - Coloplast / AMS

Postby rocco84 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:53 am

Hello just want to make a topic about IPP and their durability.

Please only short answers.. brand and how long it worked until malfunction occur - or is still working, maybe how often it is used daily/weekly etc.

Maybe we can find out how long they work and if there is a significal difference between them ;)

ViaSwiss

Re: Penile Implant durability - Coloplast / AMS

Postby ViaSwiss » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:43 am

There have been scientific studies on the topic. Hopefully some other will be able to post them. Those studies are far more reliable than a website that guys tend to not come back to when their device works the way its supposed to.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Short answer: Mayo Clinic and well know doctors have published no significant difference in life span only the reason for failures. And none of the manufactures have stated or exploited a longer life span than the other(s).
Last edited by newbie443 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:33 pm

I've read, not on FT, that the long term life span is not much different between the 2 major brands. An informal "study" won't help you very much in my opinion.
One point to consider. It seems to me, at this time, that FT is Titan dominated. In other words, the number of members posting have Titans at a greater proportion than what I've read is being sold in the USA.
I make no judgement good or bad about this. Just something to keep in mind as you are reading posts.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:36 pm

rocco84 wrote:Hello just want to make a topic about IPP and their durability.

Please only short answers.. brand and how long it worked until malfunction occur - or is still working, maybe how often it is used daily/weekly etc.
O
Maybe we can find out how long they work and if there is a significal difference between them ;)

Titan - quit after 12 years. Never used, inflated very rarely.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:59 pm

AMS 700...worked for 4 years and a couple of months...then it quit working...pump remains in the flat deflated mode...no more erection...very depressed with the whole thing...I have type 2 diabetes and have to bridge with lovenox just to undergo surgery...post operative pain and swelling in my case...seriously considering just being impotent from here on out.
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:28 pm

oddjob wrote:AMS 700...worked for 4 years and a couple of months...then it quit working...pump remains in the flat deflated mode...no more erection...very depressed with the whole thing...I have type 2 diabetes and have to bridge with lovenox just to undergo surgery...post operative pain and swelling in my case...seriously considering just being impotent from here on out.

I have heard from men who have had revisions (replacement of a failed implant) that the second time around is a lot easier. Less pain, less swelling, quicker recovery.

Your situation is complicated by the need to adjust your medication (lovenox / Enoxaparin sodium) and only you can decide what is best for you, so I support whatever you decide (for whatever my support means -which is negligible).

I leave you with is bit of wisdom I read from another FrankTalk member

Life is too short to miss the joys of sex and too long to endure its absence.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

rocco84

Postby rocco84 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:33 am

dg_moore wrote:

O

Thanks a lot!!! unfortunately never used!!! Why do you go for that surgery then???

rocco84

Postby rocco84 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:36 am

oddjob wrote:AMS 700...worked for 4 years and a couple of months...then it quit working...pump remains in the flat deflated mode...no more erection...very depressed with the whole thing...I have type 2 diabetes and have to bridge with lovenox just to undergo surgery...post operative pain and swelling in my case...seriously considering just being impotent from here on out.

Go and replace it!! or will you really stay in that Position?? so 4 years is really a mess

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:14 am

rocco84 wrote:
dg_moore wrote:

O

Thanks a lot!!! unfortunately never used!!! Why do you go for that surgery then???

I still had desire for sex before the surgery, but after my stroke my libido completely disappeared.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”