Egydio’s new tunica expansion procedure ( TEP )

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: Egydio’s new tunica expansion procedure ( TEP )

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:09 pm

shrunken_dick wrote:
shrunken_dick wrote:
irishguy wrote:This looks interesting but tell me what happens to the glans? That is obviously cut to allow this lengthening. I would be very wary to do that..
also does this procedure increase Both length and girth??

No idea what happens to the glans. Yes, this surgery can increase both length and girth because they make both horizontal and vertical incisions. But we lack first-hand accounts of these surgeries.

You are right. But look from the perspective of people who have got just 4 inch penis because of scar tissues. For them this procedure gives a hope that they can get it up to 5”.

Revisiting this thread because it appears that a member might be getting it done.
Just my non medical opinions here. I think that the early investigative research on this (at least in the USA) would be done for mainly accident victims. Severe burns, explosions or other such things. It would take some time to develope technics before the procedure would move over into what I think they'd consider "cosmetic" surgery. I leave open the possibility that this TEP might be a bit farther along than I thought it might of been. I'm basing this thought on the mention that the member appears to be getting it & does not appear to be in what I would consider "research" category.
Guys, don't get your hopes up. Something like this won't be common for at least several years in my opinion.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

shrunken_dick

Postby shrunken_dick » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:39 pm

Gt1956 ; I can assure you that TEP is being performed by experts across the globe. Top implanters in the US would not do TEP because of it's higher infection rate. Dr. Like Eid and Kramer are more concerned about keeping their infection rate very low.
I ( 29 M) took Spironolactone 400 mg to treat my hair loss. As a result, the penis shrunk from 6” to 4”. with Severe erectile dysfunction. Looking into the penile implant with Sliding Technique.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:55 pm

shrunken_dick wrote:Gt1956 ; I can assure you that TEP is being performed by experts across the globe. Top implanters in the US would not do TEP because of it's higher infection rate. Dr. Like Eid and Kramer are more concerned about keeping their infection rate very low.

I think that is easy to explain. Complications like a high infection rate could cause a doctor to loose his ability to work in a hospital. Then, part of their oath is to "first do no harm". Yes, it sounds corny but not having hospital privileges or loosing their practicing insurance can be effective discipline. Even before a state revokes their license.
Btw, the TEP might not be as common as you hope. Try searching the forum using tep. There is only 2 threads that I found.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

ontheroad

Postby ontheroad » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:02 pm

This TEP technique is not more than relaxing incisions to the plaques to allow the tunica to expand. Instead of having a single big incision and using a graft plus the implant, they do small cuts, without the need of grafting because they will heal on their own and place the implant. There is a video that shrunken sent me where another doctor apart from Egydio is doing it. Maybe you can post it here Shrunken. Dr. Djinovic performs the same technique and he told me that this technique has been around for many years.

Tortão

Postby Tortão » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:50 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Revisiting this thread because it appears that a member might be getting it done.
Just my non medical opinions here. I think that the early investigative research on this (at least in the USA) would be done for mainly accident victims. Severe burns, explosions or other such things. It would take some time to develope technics before the procedure would move over into what I think they'd consider "cosmetic" surgery. I leave open the possibility that this TEP might be a bit farther along than I thought it might of been. I'm basing this thought on the mention that the member appears to be getting it & does not appear to be in what I would consider "research" category.
Guys, don't get your hopes up. Something like this won't be common for at least several years in my opinion.

Hi! I'm the forum member who got this procedure and is making a journal.
I'm glad you were honest saying it's just your non-medical opinion because it really is. So I'll also give you my view:

I don't agree with labeling TEP as cosmetic surgery. Maybe a functional AND aesthetic surgery. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone, right?
Besides restoring size, the relief incisions serve to aid the implant placement (especially in my case, which had a bad narrowing). There are conservative doctors (still great doctors) that don't like to make incisions and prefer to put a semi-rigid implant to "stage" the penis. 6 months later they put an inflatable. It's a more conservative approach, but 2 surgeries. And it doesn't restore length pre-Peyronie.

I just searched for the best surgeon in Brazil I could afford (I can't leave the country to have surgery in the USA, not enough money for that). The doctor offered me this approach, and I happily accepted.

TEP publication was made in July 2020, but the procedure was created years ago. I think it exists think since 2016.
You won't find many reviews on internet forums. Look at the numbers of penile implants that are done worldwide. How much % of these men make forum journals? Just a small minority. So don't expect to see many reviews about this relatively new procedure.

I'm sorry if I sounded arrogant, I'm just trying to give you my view.
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

NumbNoodle

Postby NumbNoodle » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:07 pm

I find this TEP is very interesting, i wonder if this works only for peyronies or all causes of penile shrinkage. I am 27 and suffering from ED due to nerv damage and currently taking pills (5mg tadalafil, 100mg sildenafil). At some day the pills may stop working and i will experience some loss of size in the future which makes me anxious.

so my questions are:
1. does this work for all causes of shrinkage?
2. are there surgeons who offer this for all causes or just for peyronies patients?
3. is there some kind of list of surgeons who perform this surgery?
4. is this procedure much more expensive than a normal implantation?

having ed is really a curse to the quality of life..

shrunken_dick

Postby shrunken_dick » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:35 pm

NumbNoodle wrote:I find this TEP is very interesting, i wonder if this works only for peyronies or all causes of penile shrinkage. I am 27 and suffering from ED due to nerv damage and currently taking pills (5mg tadalafil, 100mg sildenafil). At some day the pills may stop working and i will experience some loss of size in the future which makes me anxious.

so my questions are:
1. does this work for all causes of shrinkage?
2. are there surgeons who offer this for all causes or just for peyronies patients?
3. is there some kind of list of surgeons who perform this surgery?
4. is this procedure much more expensive than a normal implantation?

having ed is really a curse to the quality of life..

I do not have answer to your questions but the user Tortao has recently gone through this procedure.

In this video ( from 34:24 ) you can see a surgeon performing TEP.

https://youtu.be/jRbyVcLQ10M
I ( 29 M) took Spironolactone 400 mg to treat my hair loss. As a result, the penis shrunk from 6” to 4”. with Severe erectile dysfunction. Looking into the penile implant with Sliding Technique.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Gt1956,
Not aesthetic surgery but the right name is "Reconstructive surgery". I had also penis reconstruction with graft and prosthesis implant ( more than 4 hours of surgery). I'm full of graft for enlarge my penis. Without this procedure, the largest prosthesis would not have entered my corpora cavernosa
In the United States these procedures are not allowed. this is what i know. And i think US doctors are not prepared to do it.

What i don't like is that many users here, every time I post photos of my penis, they ask to me if can get their penis like mine. Penis and graft surgery serves to recover pre peyronies measures NOT to augment it.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

shrunken_dick

Postby shrunken_dick » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:56 am

maxxxxx wrote:Penis and graft surgery serves to recover pre peyronies measures NOT to augment it.

What about the length lost due to Radical Prostatectomy? Can Dr. Rados Djinovic recover that too?

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:59 am

Paulo Egydio is brilliant but this is not 'new'.

Egydio has explained his technique several times on national tv and often uses the protective mesh on wine bottles to make things clearer.

I love this part of the study:

'All patients had curvature correction. [...] Elimination of grafting and urethral dissection provides safety from the worst complications of flail penis and glans necrosis.'

I'm not too fond of this one, though:

'Concomitant implant of a prosthesis is a necessity to assure durability of the length gain.'
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Return to “Implants”