Most popular and highly reviewed doctors for penile implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PeaceofPain07

Most popular and highly reviewed doctors for penile implants

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:14 am

Hello,
Hope all's well. I live in NY considering a penile implant. Problem is Dr. Eid doesn't accept magnacare or multiplan insurance. Could anyone provide me a list of what they believe is the 5 most popular/highly reviewed doctors for implants? I can inquire with those doctors and insurance if they'll cover. While Dr. Eid is convenient, my job is remote so traveling for a couple days is not a concern. Rather save money if it's not too important to do a surgery close to where I live? Only other doctors I'm aware of is Perito, Karpman, Brock, Hakky, Garber, and Christine. I assume Kramer isn't practicing right now.

The physician finder here doesn't seem to have some of these doctors listed, so I won't go by it.

If paying thru insurance doesn't work out, here is what I gathered from researching out of pocket expenses:
Eid: $31K
Kramer: 24K
Perito: 25K
Karpman: 19K
Brock: Unknown (anyone know?)
Hakky: 18.5K
Garber: Unknown
Christine: 22.5K
Last edited by PeaceofPain07 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Born 1986. Implanted 3/21, Eid. Titan 20cm + 1RTE. 5'11 178lbs.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

indusvalley

Re: Most popular and highly reviewed doctors for penile implants

Postby indusvalley » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:35 am

I got implanted 4 days ago by Dr Tariq Hakky in Atlanta. In fact I am still here recovering in the hotel room. He uses minimal invasive surgery using no touch technique similar to Dr Eid, he does operation using penoscotral approach, again similar to Dr Eid. He can implant both AMS and Coloplast Titan but prefers Titan, again similar to Dr Eid. I was terrified of swelling and pain after operation but there has been no swelling and pain as I was expecting. I am going to post my story with photos in a separate thread so you can see. This forum has helped me a lot and I am going to contribute something back by sharing my story.
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

PeaceofPain07

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:49 am

indusvalley wrote:I got implanted 4 days ago by Dr Tariq Hakky in Atlanta.

Hi indus,
I actually just edited my post and you coincidentally mentioned I'm aware of that doctor. Without insurance, how much is his out of pocket expense?
Last edited by PeaceofPain07 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

indusvalley

Postby indusvalley » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:39 pm

I got $18,500 out of pocket. Mentioned it in a separate thread where I shared my experience: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15951
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:48 pm

PeaceofPain07 wrote:Hello,
Hope all's well. I live in NY considering a penile implant. Problem is Dr. Eid doesn't accept magnacare or multiplan insurance. Could anyone provide me a list of what they believe is the 5 most popular/highly reviewed doctors for implants? I can inquire with those doctors and insurance if they'll cover. While Dr. Eid is convenient, my job is remote so traveling for a couple days is not a concern. Rather save money if it's not too important to do a surgery close to where I live? Only other doctors I'm aware of is Perito, Karpman, Brock, Hakky, Garber, and Christine. I assume Kramer isn't practicing right now.

The physician finder here doesn't seem to have some of these doctors listed, so I won't go by it.

If paying thru insurance doesn't work out, here is what I gathered from researching out of pocket expenses:
Eid: $31K
Kramer: 24K
Perito: 25K
Karpman: 19K
Brock: Unknown (anyone know?)
Hakky: 18.5K
Garber: Unknown
Christine: 22.5K

Even though a surgeon may not accept a particular insurance plan, it is possible to have your insurance pay for the surgery. You will have to ask the insurance company for a waiver (for out-of-network surgery) and probably have to pay up front yourself and get reimbursement from your insurance company. If you go this route, be prepared for a lot of paperwork and bookkeeping and GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING so that you can dispute any bureaucrat in the system who decides to change the decisions.

Hard to do, but doable.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

PeaceofPain07

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:If you go this route, be prepared for a lot of paperwork and bookkeeping and GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING so that you can dispute any bureaucrat in the system who decides to change the decisions.

Thanks I'm actually waiting for insurance to tell me if they can negotiate with Dr. Eid (a route they suggested to me). I assume they'll speak with Eid's office soon. If they accept the negotiation, I'll get that in writing. If not, I created this thread to consider other doctors.
Last edited by PeaceofPain07 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:34 pm

I have made a list of out of pocket costs for popular physicians. I have only put names on this list that I consider top. The only exception is Montague, which I stated on this list that has some poor reviews.

viewtopic.php?t=12950
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:39 pm

PeaceofPain07 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:If you go this route, be prepared for a lot of paperwork and bookkeeping and GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING so that you can dispute any bureaucrat in the system who decides to change the decisions.

Thanks I'm actually waiting for insurance to tell me if they can negotiate with Dr. Eid (a route they suggested to me). I assume they'll speak with Eid's office soon. If they accept the negotiation, I'll get that in writing. If not, I created this thread to consider other doctors.

Have you called Dr. Eid's office and told them to expect the call? Don't assume anything.

Here is my generic advice (I hope I do not repeat myself):

When you talk to folks. Take notes of every contact you have, by phone, email, text, carrier pigeon or whatever. Take down their names and every time you hang up, thank them by name, even if they were not helpful. They spent time with you and that is something to thank them for. And they remember that you remembered them. That makes most people feel good and that tends to make them friendly towards you. Get them on your side (or at least not oppositional). Most people like to help others, it is human nature. Help them with that. The phrase, "Can you help me with that?" is a phrase I use often when I want someone to do something for me. It lets them feel included in a team effort towards a common goal.

Write down your important talking points beforehand so you don't get sidetracked or leave anything out. Rehearse, if you get tongue-tied working from notes extemporaneously.

Getting a travel nurse on my side was a crucial turning point in my own quest for an implant. She called me and told me of the availability of an expert surgeon just because I kept an open line of communication; she reached out to me when she did not have to.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

PeaceofPain07

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:46 am

ViaSwiss wrote:I have made a list of out of pocket costs for popular physicians. I have only put names on this list that I consider top. The only exception is Montague, which I stated on this list that has some poor reviews. viewtopic.php?t=12950

ViaSwiss, Thank you for that list. What was your criteria for listing those doctors as your top? I ran a search here for all the doctors I listed in my 1st message. Their names come up often on franktalk. Additionally, all of them have decent reviews on the doctor review rating sites as well. Of course, that doesn't mean they're all top doctors though. It just means they're popular. If they're popular from marketing, then the possibility for them not being that good is still there.

Lost Sheep wrote:Have you called Dr. Eid's office and told them to expect the call? Don't assume anything.

I have reached out the Eid, but that is still great advice. Thank you. Insurance is in touch with me. From Eid's side, they don't think it'll be covered but it's up to insurance/negotiations/etc. If insurance negotiations fail, even though I'm a upper-middle class man who can afford it, spending $30K out of pocket still hurts the wallet. Also need to consider that he'll retire soon, so he may not be there in the future. Honestly, not even sure why he still works. Doing a bit of homework on the doctors, I may fly over to Hakky or Perito if the insurance situation is better with them. Maybe Brock. Kramer's not practicing. Not sure what to think of Perito. On one side, I mostly hear he's great. On the other side, there are concerning stories. His youtube videos are very informative, and is a contributing reason for why I still consider him if things don't pan out with Eid.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:26 pm

I searched their names on this site and searched reviews of them elsewhere on the web. I looked over their social media sites to see what types of trainings and research they keep up on. Basically, any name on that list is someone I would feel comfortable doing my surgery.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Return to “Implants”