Maximize Pumping Power (Hands on approach)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gene308

Re: Maximize Pumping Power (Hands on approach)

Postby gene308 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:02 pm

Great Quester let me think about how to make it happen. I want to talk to Franktalk and see if it is possible to make local chapters? I'll check tomorrow
Gene308 married 43 years AMS 700 CX 21cm+2cm Implanted 10/04/2018 Dr James Hotaling (surgeon) and Mariah McCafferty, (Surgical Nurse and AMS rep) , University of Utah

Fernando

Postby Fernando » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:05 am

Thank you very much for your useful explanations.
I really thought that the reservoir contained some air inside to allow the fluid to circulate.
When do you think you are going to invent a filled prosthesis operated by an electric pump inserted into the reservoir to avoid placing the pump in the scrotum, controlled by a mobile application or a ship implanted in the brain? lol

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:50 am

Fernando wrote:Thank you very much for your useful explanations.
I really thought that the reservoir contained some air inside to allow the fluid to circulate.
When do you think you are going to invent a filled prosthesis operated by an electric pump inserted into the reservoir to avoid placing the pump in the scrotum, controlled by a mobile application or a ship implanted in the brain? lol

Don't laugh. An electric pump powered by a battery (not unlike a heart pacemaker and rechargeable by magnetism right through the skin) is being studied by at least one manufacturer. A smart phone application could control it (just make sure you change your password each time you change sex partners) and even record your performance (for your medical team to know how you are doing).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:38 pm

My thumb is also painful to use. In my AMS DVD it shows using the section of the palm below the thumb and your index and middle finger on the other side of the bulb. That is what I use. You guys might try that. You don't get really full complete pumps that way but it works great for me. I just pump faster. Take care and hope that helps.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:07 pm

Gene308, Thanks for the description and pictures. Nicely done and a good share. Well needed, especially by new implantees.

My pump does not sit low enough for me to get my hands in the position described, but early in my tenure as an implanted man, I did this:

I would reach one hand's thumb and forefinger over the base of my penis to stabilize the pump valve body. My other hand could then squeeze the pump bulb between thumb and forefinger without fear of the bulb slipping out and roughing up my testicle.

Later on, I modified the grip of my pumping hand (I also have thumb problems - no thumb joint at all in one hand and severe cartilage loss in the other) to catch the pump bulb between the base of my thumb (almost the palm) and my forefinger. I can use pad of my forefinger, the first joint or even the tip. The tip lets me put a lot of concentrated pressure toward the end of the pump-up sessions.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

gene308

Postby gene308 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:43 pm

Thanks Lost Sheep. I gained so much information and support from Franktalk and members as I went thru process getting an IPP I feel I need to pay it forward

Gene
Gene308 married 43 years AMS 700 CX 21cm+2cm Implanted 10/04/2018 Dr James Hotaling (surgeon) and Mariah McCafferty, (Surgical Nurse and AMS rep) , University of Utah

Fernando

Postby Fernando » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:30 am

Sorry for my bad English.
Only now revisiting the message did I notice my mistake.
I didn't want to say "when do you think you're going to invent a prosthesis", I wanted to say, when do you think it will be possible to invent a prosthesis ...
In other words, I know that there are already studies to create an electrically operated prosthesis, including, I published a message with an attachment for an article that spoke precisely on that topic, hence the reason for my question. My laughter was for the implantation of a ship in the brain.

But I'm really curious as to whether this electrically operated prosthesis will be viable, and, if so, how long it will be before the prosthesis is available.
Well, if a current mechanical prosthesis costs a mountain of money, an electric prosthesis will cost an entire mountain range. lol

Lost Sheep wrote:

Don't laugh. An electric pump powered by a battery (not unlike a heart pacemaker and rechargeable by magnetism right through the skin) is being studied by at least one manufacturer. A smart phone application could control it (just make sure you change your password each time you change sex partners) and even record your performance (for your medical team to know how you are doing).

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:42 am

Fernando wrote: My laughter was for the implantation of a ship in the brain.

My girlfriend immediately suggested the brain-contoller when I spoke to her about the phone-controlled electric pump.

There are biofeedback devices that can detect brain waves and research into ways to control prosthetic limbs (hands, etc) by brain waves and nerve signals so amputees can operate prosthetics. So, may not be too far in the future.

Cost? I doubt the device would be more difficult to implant, so the surgery would be about the same cost-perhaps less because there would be no scrotal involvement necessary. The device itself would probably be a little more expensive.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Walruseater

Postby Walruseater » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:33 pm

Is there any literature on electronically controlled implant devices?

I read something about heat activation. It seems like something like that or a mobile app connected implant have big disadvantages since it’s not self contained in the body. Perhaps a button in lower abdomen underneath the skin. Curious how they’re thinking about this.

Fernando wrote:Sorry for my bad English.
Only now revisiting the message did I notice my mistake.
I didn't want to say "when do you think you're going to invent a prosthesis", I wanted to say, when do you think it will be possible to invent a prosthesis ...
In other words, I know that there are already studies to create an electrically operated prosthesis, including, I published a message with an attachment for an article that spoke precisely on that topic, hence the reason for my question. My laughter was for the implantation of a ship in the brain.

But I'm really curious as to whether this electrically operated prosthesis will be viable, and, if so, how long it will be before the prosthesis is available.
Well, if a current mechanical prosthesis costs a mountain of money, an electric prosthesis will cost an entire mountain range. lol

Lost Sheep wrote:

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:32 pm

Walruseater wrote:Is there any literature on electronically controlled implant devices?

I read something about heat activation. It seems like something like that or a mobile app connected implant have big disadvantages since it’s not self contained in the body. Perhaps a button in lower abdomen underneath the skin. Curious how they’re thinking about this.

Yes, there have been animal trials and cadaver trials on a heat-activated one-piece device that erects in a manner similar to an inflatable. Look up "memory metal penile implant"

It would be made of nitinol or something like that.

Mentioned in a couple of threads on FrankTalk in the past couple of years.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”