Time to vent

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hopefuluser

Time to vent

Postby hopefuluser » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:06 am

A dark night of the soul tonight. Can’t sleep. The (somewhat trivial) pain doesn’t help but it’s the emotional stuff that’s hitting home. I’m a week out from surgery and the pain is wearing on me as is the uncertainty — will I get an infection? Will I have chronic pain? How long to heal?

I don’t think the emotional component of this gets enough attention. I mean, we’ve traumatized THE body part that defines a guy and will have a relationship to it that will be forever — and irreversibly— changed. Just the fact that I wont be able to have a natural erection again and will be dependent on the implant is a huge thing to emotionally catch up to.

I also live alone and am recovering alone. I realized it would be hell to recover under my verbally abusive mother’s “care” so I decided to go it alone, realizing recovering alone would be less scary than with her. I don’t have any other friends/family in the area but they ARE great support over the phone. I remember coming home and feeling the pump for the first time and being utterly overwhelmed at how alien it felt. It was profound and was all too much. But it’s gotten better.

Doesn’t help that I’ve had a tumultuous year. Of course there’s COVID, but my boss had a psychotic breakdown including sending a delusional email that was upsetting to everybody. I have the utmost sympathy and respect for her struggle but we really need a leader to advocate for us in the COVID era and she isn’t it. Our college just laid off 23 faculty (!) and 22 staff. If you know anything about higher Ed, laying off faculty is nearly unheard of. No one — not even the “executive team” — fully knows what the future of the college will be. Of course I’m worried about job security.

I’ve also been a lifelong sufferer of anxiety and although I have a great psychiatrist, anxiety is at Olympic levels. I do the best I can. Some days are better than others.

And the great unknown is still out there once I’ve recovered. I have a double challenge of eventually being in my first relationship in 13 years (due to ED), and having sex again but with an implant. It WILL happen but I don’t know if it will be easy. But it may very well be. Better times ARE ahead — the COVID vaccine will be huge and I think people will want to be dating more than ever.

I guess I’m just saying this operation doesn’t happen in a vacuum — it’s happening to complex human beings in scary uncertain times, just be extra kind to yourself and I truly hope my venting has helped people reading this.

Bulgeboy

Re: Time to vent

Postby Bulgeboy » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:48 am

I sent a private message to you. Please feel free to contact me if you wish.
41-y fit gay male, on TRT since 2012. Last years, severe vasculogenic ED. Problem solved with an AMS LGX 21 cm plus 0.5 cm RTE, implanted by Dr Giulio Garaffa in London, UK on Oct 14, 2020. Over 100% satisfaction. Glad to share my journey experience.

vajim1

Postby vajim1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:55 am

Time will heal you and your pain will go away soon, hang in there. Have you tried any non- prescription relaxing stuff?
I was to the point of depression before my implant and my wife did not me to get one but she finally agreed. It took some time after my surgery and it was REALLY worth it. :D :D
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

hopefuluser

Postby hopefuluser » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:12 am

Bulgeboy wrote:I sent a private message to you. Please feel free to contact me if you wish.

Thanks. Sent a private message back!

jtm_9988

Postby jtm_9988 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 pm

I hear you brother. Please take care.

I've suffered with ED for as long as I can remember. It was a major element that lead to the failure of 2 marriages and difficulty in relationships.

I am 4 weeks out of surgery. Fortunate my new relationship is with a nurse. We had not had PIV sex until just recently.

Sex was great. Very natural.

Guess I'm thinking of it just like any other failed organ. It's now been fixed. Moving forward.

Give yourself some grace my friend. You will be ok.
55 years old, type II diabetic, pills, injections (10 years), skier, tennis, rock. AMS 700 CX 21cm

Return to “Implants”