Can’t deflate Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RobertL

Can’t deflate Titan

Postby RobertL » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:24 am

Have Titan implant for 2 years. After most recent inflation 4 days ago. I can’t deflate at all, even after strongly squeezing deflation valve many times. (Also, when I try squeezing the inflation bulb once, it compresses and returns to normal shape, but without the familiar “whoosh” sound of more fluid entering.)
I have not yet been able to reach my doctor. Any suggestions on how to make the deflation work? Also, what risks are there to leaving the implant fully inflated for a period of time?
For the past several months, it has sometimes taken several hours or even a day of trying to deflate several times, before deflation valve would work fully. This is the first time that it doesn’t seem to work at all.
Coloplast Titan 20cm installed by Dr. Eid June 2018. 68yo, ED progressive over past 2 years. Still healing; very satisfied with results so far.

HardRon

Re: Can’t deflate Titan

Postby HardRon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:04 am

Hi, this may help , try squeezing the deflate button and the pump at the same time, it worked for me a year or so ago.
Hope this helps
Implanted on February 7. 2018 by Dr. Andrew Kramer. 22cm plus 3cm RTE. Titan with genesis pump.
58 Years old , married 19 years. Max inflation 7.75in length x 6.5in girth.
Wife very supportive and pleased she has her man back ❤.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:19 pm

Isn’t there a product rep who is available 24/7? If you haven’t reached out to them yet, do so.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:02 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, GoodWood. I’ll keep it in mind.

HardRon, thanks very much! Your suggestion worked the first time I tried. While squeezing the deflate valve, simultaneously squeezing the pump once caused the “whoosh” sound of more liquid flowing into the pump. So the maneuver presumably unstuck the valve and put it into the inflate position. Then squeezing the deflate valve alone succeeded in deflating the implant.

I have seen it suggested that one should cycle the implant daily, in order to avoid the valve sticking. Any comment or experience on this?
Coloplast Titan 20cm installed by Dr. Eid June 2018. 68yo, ED progressive over past 2 years. Still healing; very satisfied with results so far.

HardRon

Postby HardRon » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:40 pm

Glad I could help!
Yes I inflate at least once a day even 2 1/2 years post op. I don't think its necessary but I do it out of habit. I only hold it maximum for about 10 minutes now, then deflate it. I usually give it a small pump to keep it in inflate mode.
There is a Dr. name Paul Purito on you tube. He had a series called Meet the Penis. I found his advice very helpful right after my implant, along with this Frank talk board. :P
Implanted on February 7. 2018 by Dr. Andrew Kramer. 22cm plus 3cm RTE. Titan with genesis pump.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:28 pm

HardRon, do you inflate fully each time (every day)?

Also, doctors estimate lifetime of the implant is shorter the more frequently one cycles it. So, having intercourse say 2x/week vs cycling 7x/week might significantly decrease lifetime . Any thoughts or knowledge about this?

HardRon

Postby HardRon » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:26 am

Hi again. Yes I inflate to max about once a day. The only times I don't is when me and the wife are intimate, that's about 3 times a week. I can't say I'm worried about the life of the implant because when it breaks I know I'll get it replaced ASAP.
I did pay about $5000 U.S. out of pocket for the surgery and I keep that much saved in my medical fund. My wife says its well worth that considering my mental state dealing with ED. AT LAST I'm free of ED. No more expensive pills that may not work, stuffy nose, head aches or sweating ,this has been a 20 year struggle for me.. At any rate I plan to enjoy this thing to the MAX ! :D

Return to “Implants”