Penuma implant for penile enlargement?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Flavio

Penuma implant for penile enlargement?

Postby Flavio » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:57 am

The PENUMA implant seems too good to be true: FDA-approved, great reviews, impressive photos and they even claim it may correct mild curvature!

It's not for me, though: I am terrified of surgeries and I believe you have to be circumcised.

Any thoughts on this?
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

GoodWood

Re: Penuma implant for penile enlargement?

Postby GoodWood » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:54 am

Thoughts? It does nothing to treat ED.
It makes your flaccid cock thicker and if you were a “grower” makes your flaccid cock closer to your erect length.

It doesn’t lengthen your erection although you’d still have the gain in girth.

I suspect it would interfere with sensations as it would be a layer of plastic (silicone) under the skin. Maybe that would be OK with some guys. It wouldn’t with me.

But most importantly, whatever ED issue existed before would still exist. This does nothing to address erectile function.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am

GoodWood wrote: [...] This does nothing to address erectile function.

Yes, I know and they don't claim that is treats ED, it's just a cosmetic procedure.

I've been doing some research and came across some pretty horrific testimonials, such as this one (I didn't even want to open the photos):

https://www.thundersplace.org/penis-enl ... ience.html

I can't believe that Penuma is FDA-approved and apomorphine for ED isn't!
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:58 am

As for FDA approval. I'm guessing that it falls under some type of cosmetic rules that are not as restictive as other medical devices.
On the other hand. A drug to treat a specific illness or condition actually treats the whole body. So I think it gets a more serious review.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:14 pm

If someone is looking to treat ED and gain some girth then the Titan is probably your most viable option.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Vagabond127 wrote:If someone is looking to treat ED and gain some girth then the Titan is probably your most viable option.

Provided that they understand that their tunica might not allow much if any girth growth. Success could be a bit of a gamble but not much of a down side if it doesn't work out.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Totally agree.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:20 pm

I posted this question on another forum and a friend said this:

I know little about it but it defies the logic and all known issues about penis size. First, there is only so much loose skin on a circumcised penis. If someone suddenly stretched your penis another 2" the skin would rip and that does not even consider if they stretched the girth at the same time.

Next, constant stretching pressure on the penis causes the tissue to erode much like the problem with mailable implants. The reason inflatable 3 piece implants work is that when not inflated the tension is taken off the penis tissue to preserve it.

This seems very logical and sensible to me. But if the skin of the penis is limited, doesn't this mean that any penile enlargement surgery is too risky or impossible?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Flavio wrote:I posted this question on another forum and a friend said this:

I know little about it but it defies the logic and all known issues about penis size. First, there is only so much loose skin on a circumcised penis. If someone suddenly stretched your penis another 2" the skin would rip and that does not even consider if they stretched the girth at the same time.

Next, constant stretching pressure on the penis causes the tissue to erode much like the problem with mailable implants. The reason inflatable 3 piece implants work is that when not inflated the tension is taken off the penis tissue to preserve it.

This seems very logical and sensible to me. But if the skin of the penis is limited, doesn't this mean that any penile enlargement surgery is too risky or impossible?

Skin is very stretchy. Far stretchier than most of the other tissues in the penis, so it is the least to be concerned about. The urethra, nerve bundle, tunica albuginea etc. take longer time to grow larger in dimension.

The erosion problem is of a different kind. Somewhat related, but compression, not tension is the problem. Compression limits blood flow to the compressed tissues and without blood flow, tissue death is possible.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:33 am

[But if the skin of the penis is limited, doesn't this mean that any penile enlargement surgery is too risky or impossible?]
The answer to your question is yes...and no.
I had multiple penile enhancement surgeries about 20 years ago. Lengthening was done by cutting the suspensory ligament. This doesn't make the penis longer but it allows 1-2" of "buried" penile shaft to emerge from the body cavity.
To enhance girth, the surgeon degloved my penis and grafted several layers of Alloderm around the shaft, which increased my girth by more than 1". HOWEVER, because of the Alloderm, my penile tissue became seriously necrotic and most of the skin on my shaft sloughed off. Amputation was a possibility.
Fortunately for me, surgeons at the Grossman Burn Center in California were able to successfully harvest skin from my scrotum and graft it over my penile shaft. I regained function but with some obvious cosmetic consequences and compromised sensitivity.
This is just my story. I'm sure there are other men who have had similar procedures done without the complications I experienced.
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

Return to “Implants”