Questions after pre-surgical appointment.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Up4Real?

Questions after pre-surgical appointment.

Postby Up4Real? » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:06 pm

Would some of you tell me how you were measured for your implant at you pre-surgical appointment? I know that is just an estimate and the final determination is made during surgery.
I had understood the normal protocol was to measure (BPSP) bone pressed stretched penis directly on top of the penis.
My surgeon measured bone pressed only to the start of the glans / corona. My normal stretched penis is slightly over 7" and his method gave a 6" reading. He was estimating a 22cm. implant. What might be a reasonable expectation for penile length when healed? I was also told that I won't get glans engorgement. He says he won't inflate the implant until sometime afterwards (2 week post op I believe.) I have read about others needing to tape their penis up and going through all kinds of gyrations with an inflated penis immediately after surgery.
I am having a Titan with the legacy pump. He has guaranteed me that I will be very satisfied as well as my wife.
My surgery is 2 weeks away. I am really looking forward to the result....the process not so much. It appears that I will need more than the normal incision as I recently had nearly painless bilateral mesh repair with 3 very minimal openings for inguinal hernias and that surgery complicates the reservoir placement.
I will appreciate any input on any this.
Thanks in advance.
(Posted under Implants as well)
Up4Real?
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

October26

Re: Questions after pre-surgical appointment.

Postby October26 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:52 pm

Up4Real? wrote:Would some of you tell me how you were measured for your implant at you pre-surgical appointment? I know that is just an estimate and the final determination is made during surgery.
I had understood the normal protocol was to measure (BPSP) bone pressed stretched penis directly on top of the penis.
My surgeon measured bone pressed only to the start of the glans / corona. My normal stretched penis is slightly over 7" and his method gave a 6" reading. He was estimating a 22cm. implant. What might be a reasonable expectation for penile length when healed? I was also told that I won't get glans engorgement. He says he won't inflate the implant until sometime afterwards (2 week post op I believe.) I have read about others needing to tape their penis up and going through all kinds of gyrations with an inflated penis immediately after surgery.
I am having a Titan with the legacy pump. He has guaranteed me that I will be very satisfied as well as my wife.
My surgery is 2 weeks away. I am really looking forward to the result....the process not so much. It appears that I will need more than the normal incision as I recently had nearly painless bilateral mesh repair with 3 very minimal openings for inguinal hernias and that surgery complicates the reservoir placement.
I will appreciate any input on any this.
Thanks in advance.
(Posted under Implants as well)
Up4Real?

My surgeon stretched the flaccid penis out and said, you have some good length there. She estimated the implant cylinder would be 22-24 cm and because of the length, she would use a Coloplast Titan. In surgery just 8 days ago, i received a 22 cm implant with a 1.5 RTE. now home and healing, I have a very nice six inch penis that is 50% inflated. The surgeon said I would be extremely pleased with the erect penis in relation to the girth and length. I expect the erect penis will be 6.5 to 7.0 inches, which is what I was as a young man. I suspect the volume implanters have a little marketing show going with the office measuring since they really need an incision to do the actual measurement. Surgery is an exact science and a skilled surgeon, and most are, will take very good care of you all the way around. Feel free to private message me if there are questions.
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:25 am

My doctor also did a stretch test at my pre-op appointment. He wasn't specific about the length of the implant or my penis. He just said, "You're going to have a really big dick." :lol:

When he came to see me in same day before the surgery, I asked him how he would measure me. My understanding was that he had a measuring tool that he would insert inside me once he was doing the surgery. He told me he checked for the correct length a couple of times before choosing the length of the implant. I said I was sure he wasn't going to short change me, and his response was that he aimed to maximize.

My surgery was on October 26. At 60% inflated, I'm very happy with how I look. I don't think I look any shorter than when I was a young man and could have an erection naturally. The same goes for my girth.

As far as the glans, it's my understanding that the blood flow to the head of the penis is different from the blood flow to the shaft. A lot of guys, as far as I can tell, still have engorgement of the head when excited after their implants.

I hope this helps. I hope your surgery and recovery go well.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

October26

Postby October26 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:01 am

Time2Change wrote:My doctor also did a stretch test at my pre-op appointment. He wasn't specific about the length of the implant or my penis. He just said, "You're going to have a really big dick." :lol:

When he came to see me in same day before the surgery, I asked him how he would measure me. My understanding was that he had a measuring tool that he would insert inside me once he was doing the surgery. He told me he checked for the correct length a couple of times before choosing the length of the implant. I said I was sure he wasn't going to short change me, and his response was that he aimed to maximize.

My surgery was on October 26. At 60% inflated, I'm very happy with how I look. I don't think I look any shorter than when I was a young man and could have an erection naturally. The same goes for my girth.

As far as the glans, it's my understanding that the blood flow to the head of the penis is different from the blood flow to the shaft. A lot of guys, as far as I can tell, still have engorgement of the head when excited after their implants.

I hope this helps. I hope your surgery and recovery go well.

Interesting that you and I both had a Coloplast Titan placed on Oct 26 and seem to have the same attitude! So far, I am doing great though I am staying close to home and still own the mend. I am pleased with the look and size as is, though I have a kink in one side that is not to my liking and I assume sill go away when fully erect.
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

Return to “Implants”