40 Pumps to inflate?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JiminFL

40 Pumps to inflate?

Postby JiminFL » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:11 pm

Had my Titan installed on 8/25 and I absolutely love this thing! My question is, how many pumps does it take for you to max-out? I counted last night for the first time and my magic number was 40 even. I've watch several instructional videos and seemed to count 10-20 pumps for those men. I'm also curious about them engineering, specifically is there any danger of overinflation?
57yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 4yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

sweaterfan

Re: 40 Pumps to inflate?

Postby sweaterfan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:21 pm

Are these full pumps or are some partial? How much pressure do you have to exert to perform full pumps? I've read merrix's posts and he said it took a lot of strength to squeeze the bulb and even more to activate the release button. Have you experienced this?
Born 1956, TRT, Peyronies (no improvement after 1 cycle of Xiaflex so discontinued), using alprostadil but have possible VL. Considering an implant. Aquablation for BPH Nov 2 2020, TURP 6/14/2021.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:48 pm

There was a thread wherein men reported how many squeezes it took for full inflation. One reported as few as 4. Others, as I recall, 60 or so. Of course, much depends on what sweaterfan asked, "full pumps or are some partial?" and then some men start fully deflated and some (who habitually leave themselves partially inflated for comfort or for showing) might start counting from partially inflated.

I have read that Coloplast pump bulbs are smaller than AMS pump bulbs, and, of course, smaller implants would take fewer pumps to reach full capacity.

I have also read that there is a pressure relief valve to prevent a man from overinflating and causing a blowout.

I also suspect (but have no way of knowing and no reports) that the backflow prevention lockout may let a little backflow take place after each squeeze of the bulb. (Being a mechanical device, this would be necessary and the amount of backflow a subject of manufacturing tolerances.)

As always, the "search" function is your friend, or you can just peruse old threads for likely-looking titles. Here are links to titles you would have found.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14538&p=128092
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14190&p=124585
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14217&p=124862
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12862&p=112719
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12862&p=112583
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Here's what my doctor told me, and I emphatically agree: Number of pumps is a meaningless number.

Each pump you do is likely a little different from the last, depending on your size, you may have more or less fluid to move than others, especially in the beginning you'll be doing quarter or half pumps most of the time. So if you can manage, completely ignore this number.

As far as overinflating...My doc also told me that when the implant is fully inflated, the pump will be hard as a rock. I get to discomfort well before that, and even at that point I'm way way harder than I need to be. So I think rather than number of pumps, focus on how your penis feels and how hard the implant is inside it.

A blowout from pumping too much is nothing that I've heard of any doctor warning about. I've never seen it in studies around implant failures. If this was a thing, I promise you lots of guys on here would have run into it. Hell, half the people in the forum don't seem to even wait until their doc gives the okay to activate/deflate the implant.

I think you're almost certainly quite safe.
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:17 am

In the beginning had fewer pumps then i do now after more then 5 years of pumping up the implant. i agree with hopeful about the blowout...You won't be able to depress the bulb after all the fluid is out of the pump and in your cock. Gets harder then all get out. It seems endless when i pump it up and it is well over 30 pumps. Everyone is different and with different pumps and cylinders...

I think i need a lube job on my pump since it is starting to squeak. Wife does know when she is expecting a good roll in the hay.
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Return to “Implants”