How Much Research did you do before getting an implant??

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

How many hours of research did you do before receiving an implant?

0-1 Hour
7%
2-5 Hours
No votes
6-10 Hours
3%
11-15 Hours
No votes
16 - 20
10%
21+
79%

Total votes: 29

disapointed2

Re: How Much Research did you do before getting an implant??

Postby disapointed2 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:29 pm

I spent almost 1 yr researching implants, injections, talked with people on this sight. I also talked with other urologists. I watched the surgeries being done by Dr. Kramer and others. I did not rush into anything right away. During this process
I tried the injection route and was allergic to the different meds involved.
By the time I made my decision I believed I was almost ready to do the surgery by myself....LOL. I knew what I was getting into, and what was involved. I was refered to a doctor that I could not research, the man was a surgeon for 50 years and no information on him. He did the surgery and left me with an implant that was too short to do anything with.
I researched another doctor and made an appointment with him. 6months latter he replaced my failed implant with one that is much better. I thank Dr. Kramer. He has earned my respect and admiration.
I made a mistake researching a doctor with no information available. That will never happen again. My advice to others, take your time, do your research, talk to others. Know what you are getting into, the good the bad and what can go wrong. Never have surgery expecting more than what you have. Some are lucky some are disappointed.
I am happy with the decision I have made and enjoy what I have now. :mrgreen:
67yrs old. ed for 8yrs. Implanted 5-29-2019

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:50 pm

I'm another old guy who did virtually no research. I discussed the problem at length with my internist, whose advice I valued. He referred me to Dr Kramer, who I instinctively trusted as well. They both said the implant was the only solution and, after dithering around for a couple of years,finally bit the bullet and got a Titan. I found FrankTalk three years after my surgery.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

dpapproth

Postby dpapproth » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:48 pm

I had taken the pills for several years and all was fine. I have been on blood thinners since 1996 with no problems then in 2018 I was diagnosed with cancer that required some serious surgery. Two days after my surgery I had a small heart attack and was given medication to dilate my arteries. After that the ED pills were a definite no due to possibility of a sudden drop in blood pressure. In discussion with my current urologist he also advised against the shots because of the blood thinners. He did mention the possibility of an implant and advised that it was covered by Medicare. It was a no-brainer after that. Between the time I was scheduled for the implant and the day it was done I read everything I could find on the net which is where I found FT. What a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to all on FT for all the information and support that you provide for all concerned.
66 years old. Implant 7/8/2020. Titan touch 22 cm plus 1 rte.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:49 am

Almost none
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Return to “Implants”