Angle of erection

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jamie123

Angle of erection

Postby Jamie123 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi all I’m about 6 weeks post op with an AMS 700 LGX 18 + 3. My erecting hangs low about 4 o’clock my consultant said it could be to do with the number of rte in place or prepubic fat , any thoughts what he means about the rear tip extenders? Thanks

Lost Sheep

Re: Angle of erection

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:12 pm

First point is not exactly the answer to your question.
The junction between the rear tip of an implant and the inflatable portion of the implant is more flexible than the inflatable implant tubes (when they are inflated). More rear tip extenders puts that junction further out in front of any support your pelvic structure provides. So, the angle of your erection can "wobble" at that point. The less your pelvic structure has to "hand onto", the more wobble there is.
Second point
Your pelvic structure supports the rear (proximal portion) of the implant. Whatever shape that is determines the initial angle of the implant. The remainder of the determination of that angle is from point #1 above.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Jamie123

Postby Jamie123 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks as my cyclinders are 18cm + 3cm rte would that be enough rest tip extenders to mean there is less lift in my erection or are 3cm rte quite normal thanks .

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Jamie123 wrote:Thanks as my cyclinders are 18cm + 3cm rte would that be enough rest tip extenders to mean there is less lift in my erection or are 3cm rte quite normal thanks .

I left out one factor in the surgeon's choice of RTEs. Sometimes RTEs are used to make sure the tubing routes with enough "slack" to reach the scrotum. If the surgeon had to make the incision in the tunica more distal (further up your penis) more RTEs would have to be used. Simple math suggests that the 21cm AMS implant would fit you as well as the 18 + 3 cm implant would, absent the requirements of the tubing location.

As far as your question now, keep in mind that the very rear of the implant must bottom out in your pelvic crus. There is a tremendous difference between individuals in how deep a man's crus is. If yours is very deep, the 3cm RTEs will have less influence than if your crus was shallow. But the deeper the crus, the less the implant will stick out in front of your pelvic bone (making for a shorter visible, usable, exposed penis).

So, for a given implant size (total length),
deep crus; shorter penis and more stable erection angle and probably more up-pointing
shallow crus; longer visible penis, but more wobbly erection angle and possibly more downward pointing.

But, you get what you get. Just as a man is born with a certain anatomy that determines the condition of his natural penis, his anatomy determines the condition of his implanted penis and there is only a little that a surgeon can do about it. You get what you get. Most of us accept with gladness a penis that is rigid enough for coitus, regardless of size, shape, angle. Some may complain over perceived loss, and rightly so, especially if the loss is due to medical mistake or less-than-skilled implantation. But it is important not to lose sight of the essence of the implant rather than the peripheral qualities. Some men "wouldn't be happy if he was hanged with a new rope". (Not that you are in that category). We all hope for the best, most optimal outcome so we can be happy. We settle for what works and concentrate on being happy. If what we get does not work, we get it fixed and concentrate on being happy.

Some sexual positions take advantage of a 1:00 o'clock penile angle. Some sexual positions take advantage of a 4:00 o'clock penile angle. Some take advantage of a 6:00 o'clock angle. It is up to your partner and you to find what works best for you and be happy.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”