Renewal Price and issues?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rawness1111

Renewal Price and issues?

Postby Rawness1111 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Just a history. I am 33 and have been battling with ed for roughly about 3 years. I tried pills. Haven't done trimax yet but I will some day. Eventually I know that the day I will come where i will need the implant. I stopped having sex for now. Decided to focus on other more important things life financial freedom etc. OK my questions does the implant cost just as much to reinstall as it does the 1st time? And with the each installment do you have a greater risk of infection, loss in length, health issues. Etc?
32 yrs old. Newly developed ed with divorce and searching for solutions.

Lost Sheep

Re: Renewal Price and issues?

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:48 pm

OK, my opinions

A slightly increased risk of infection. How much is a subject of controversy discussed in a couple of other threads here.

Likely a slightly longer implant. but there is some question if that translates to a longer usable penis.

Cost, I have no idea.

Recovery from the operation is said to be a lot easier on the patient.

Other health issues, I have no idea.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:57 pm

Cost is much cheaper for revision, out of pocket with no insurance seems to be between 3 and 6k from what Ive read
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:01 pm

I think LS is correct on the first 2 points.
As for cost. I think you'll find a broader price range on revisions. Mainly because the revisions might not be for the complete implant. A pump failure or a failed tubing splice are not going to cost the same. Downside is that the hospital cost will likely remain the same. A non hospital surgery center will likely cost less if one is used.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

544kenmatt

Postby 544kenmatt » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Can you get an erection at all? If you cant, I would recommend trying trimix. You need to keep your penis healthy by having regular erections. Otherwise, you will see shrinkage and atrophy. If you can get erections on your own (or while you're asleep), that's a good thing.
Dont' stop having sex! You're only this young once.

Best regards
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:09 pm

I can answer your question on loss, as per nurse, and confirmed by Dr.
I was told, after my 3rd surgery, that you lose approx. 1.5" per surgery, YIKES! But I just got out of surgery, pumping schedule is a mess, so this is just what I have been told. As to its conviction, from what I have read on here, its up to the individual and the aggressiveness of their pumping, which for me, at this point, I am on the losing side:(
Others have said they have gained it all back, and then some:), so I tend to side with them.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Agfa13 wrote:I can answer your question on loss, as per nurse, and confirmed by Dr.
I was told, after my 3rd surgery, that you lose approx. 1.5" per surgery, YIKES! But I just got out of surgery, pumping schedule is a mess, so this is just what I have been told. As to its conviction, from what I have read on here, its up to the individual and the aggressiveness of their pumping, which for me, at this point, I am on the losing side:(
Others have said they have gained it all back, and then some:), so I tend to side with them.

Unless the surgeries are to deal with an infection, like you unfortunately dealt with, I can't see how subsequent operations would SHORTEN the penis. In fact Kramer and other docs have said that they are typically able to UPSIZE the implant with replacements, and several members here report their lengths went up with implant replacements, which makes sense to me with the pump gradually stretching out the tissues over time.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:09 pm

Cost I cannot say.

As for size. On my revision I got 20 cm cylinders instead of 19 ones.

Everything I have read barring any medical issues, you usually end up with longer cylinders on a revision. I am hoping for 21 cm ams cylinders no rtes next time or 20 cm plus 1 rte titan cylinders for my next ones if a titan.

Having had both, I really have no preference for one over the other. Both have good and bad points.

They both work till they don't. Then you get them fixed.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:32 pm

ViaSwiss wrote:Cost is much cheaper for revision, out of pocket with no insurance seems to be between 3 and 6k from what Ive read

How can this be? I just had a revision and reached my Out of Pocket Maximum of $6K. W/o insurance the claims were around $50K total.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:43 pm

My revision was more than the the original. Hospital alone billed 170k. My out of pocket for everything was less than a thousand.

They charged for the removal as well as the installation, which was a lot. Something to ask your doctor about. I was in or for over 3 hours as well.

As far as problems. None. No pain, swelling, etc. Pretty much up and around in a couple days, no problem. This was with them removing a right side titan reservoir and other parts. Making sure hernia was fine on right side. Installing full lgx implant with reservoir on left side.

They pretty much wrecked my pelvic region and I had absolutely zero issues.

If they are just doing a pump or tube fix, it probably is a lot cheaper. I could see that not being so invasive depending on the fix.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”