Do implants go soft during sex in the beginning or after some time after implantation?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ScipioAlbanus

Do implants go soft during sex in the beginning or after some time after implantation?

Postby ScipioAlbanus » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi, I’m in the process of probably getting an implant, but wanted to ask you people on your experience with softening of implants.
Do implants tend to go softer during sex in the first years of implantation, or after some years of implantation? Does it depend on the company you pick (AMS or Coloplast) and stuff like that.
Your input is very valued and thank you very much :D
Salute,
ScipioAlbanus.

newbie443

Re: Do implants go soft during sex in the beginning or after some time after implantation?

Postby newbie443 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:19 pm

My cylinders and pump bulb have softened. Took mine just under a year. That being said when fully inflated I am harder than I ever was before implant.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Lost Sheep

Re: Do implants go soft during sex in the beginning or after some time after implantation?

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:46 pm

ScipioAlbanus wrote:Hi, I’m in the process of probably getting an implant, but wanted to ask you people on your experience with softening of implants.
Do implants tend to go softer during sex in the first years of implantation, or after some years of implantation? Does it depend on the company you pick (AMS or Coloplast) and stuff like that.
Salute,
ScipioAlbanus.

Short answer is, "No".

If you do not change the amount of inflation during sex, your implant will maintain the same hardness/softness throughout the entire duration of the act. And it you fall asleep without deflating, it will be just as hard when you wake up.

Now, your spongiosum tissues (which contribute to fullness and a small amount of firmness) may go up and down, but that is a different question. The spongiosum fills out your shaft and your glans and is independent of the implant.

The implants' flaccid state does soften with the months and years, especially the Coloplast devices, which are pretty stiff in the beginning. This is WITHOUT the internal pressure of being pumped up. Flaccid state.

When pumped up, the pressure of the saline inside the implant provides the stiffness, rigidity, hardness. This does not diminish with the years unless some mechanical failure has taken place (cylinder aneurism, saline leakage, etc).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Rawness1111

Postby Rawness1111 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:17 am

So after years of having and usimg an implant it will soften. Can you receive a new implant and thatreharden the penis. I'm curious because of having sex in certain positions
32 yrs old. Newly developed ed with divorce and searching for solutions.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:53 am

Rawness1111 wrote:So after years of having and usimg an implant it will soften. Can you receive a new implant and thatreharden the penis. I'm curious because of having sex in certain positions

No. The years only soften the flaccid state. The erect state (the inflated state) will be as hard at 10 years as it was in the first. This is because the hardness/rigidity of the inflated state depends on the pressure inside the tubes.

I apologize for not being more clear.

There is no "rehardening" by replacement.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Rawness1111 wrote:So after years of having and usimg an implant it will soften. Can you receive a new implant and thatreharden the penis. I'm curious because of having sex in certain positions

I think it's worth clarifying what we're talking about in terms of "will the implant soften" over time.

If by "soften" you mean in its flaccid state, ie, does the flaccid state evolve over time the longer the implant is in there...does the flaccid penis evolve in terms of how it hangs...the answer is yes. I'm only 11 months out from my implant and it's just in the last few months that I am noticing a little bit of a trend of my penis hanging a bit more normally. Others here have commented a lot about their experiences over longer periods of time, and it seems there is a somewhat general trend like this.

If we're talking about the fully maxed out 100% inflated hardon "softening"...and I think we are because the original poster stated "during sex"...I've not experienced that and certainly hope I never do. I'm using my implant a lot. Very frequently. It's doing everything I ask of it and then some, it's an on-demand iron bar and the rigidity never changes. Whatever level I pump it up to...50%,75%, 100%...that's the rigidity it retains, regardless of how long I leave it at that level and regardless of the, uh, situations I put it in....
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:36 pm

That was my poorly worded reply also. The flacid state and the operation of the bulb of the pump softens or becomes more pliable but the inflated hardness is harder than my pre surgery penis ever was and that has not softened. That can be adjusted by reducing inflation from 100%. If you or your partner would would prefer less hardness. I have a LGX and the Titan is harder when hard. But my LGX is really harder than is needed for sex inflated 100%. The LGX is softer flacid than the Titan. But you can and I have added a few pumps for a fuller feeling sometimes. Feels really great walking around with that. I hope this clears up my earlier post. The inflated hardness dose not soften over time just he deflated or flacid hardness or stiffness becomes more pliable. As long as the implant is functioning properly it will be harder than need for sex at 5, 10, or 20 years post surgery.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

dsawan

Postby dsawan » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:07 am

Hi you mentioned spongiosum tissues.Im 10 months post implant surgery.How can I improve my
spongiosum tissues.Where the fullness and firmness of my errections better?

quote="Lost Sheep"]
ScipioAlbanus wrote:Hi, I’m in the process of probably getting an implant, but wanted to ask you people on your experience with softening of implants.
Salute,
ScipioAlbanus.

Short answer is, "No".

If you do not change the amount of inflation during sex, your implant will maintain the same hardness/softness throughout the entire duration of the act. And it you fall asleep without deflating, it will be just as hard when you wake up.

Now, your spongiosum tissues (which contribute to fullness and a small amount of firmness) may go up and down, but that is a different question. The spongiosum fills out your shaft and your glans and is independent of the implant.

The implants' flaccid state does soften with the months and years, especially the Coloplast devices, which are pretty stiff in the beginning. This is WITHOUT the internal pressure of being pumped up. Flaccid state.

When pumped up, the pressure of the saline inside the implant provides the stiffness, rigidity, hardness. This does not diminish with the years unless some mechanical failure has taken place (cylinder aneurism, saline leakage, etc).[/quote]

Return to “Implants”