Right and Left RTE location CT scan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: Right and Left RTE location CT scan

Postby newbie443 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:06 pm

Turned out a bit better than I expected. I still am a brother!!! Wooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!! He removed the left cylinder. Found the perforation and repaired that. Re-installed the left cylinder to correct I hope at least part of the glans hypermobility. Snake eyes on the left side of the glans only. I am 50% inflated. No sex for 6 weeks. No baths or submersions for 4 weeks. Scrotal fluid was void of any infection. Pre op prep included 2 bags of antibiotic iv treatment. Wow, a lot better than I expected. The staff at KU med was awesome. Only difficulty was with urination afterwards. 50% inflation did not help and after 4 hours they were considering catheterization and weather to keep me or send me home with it. Finally had results and was sent home. I am home and starting to ice. Pain controlled with oxie. Doctor said he completely tested and check my device and felt that the recovery would be much easier than with replacing and it should work properly barring a new infection. Scrotal incision lower than penoscrotal but the most pain and discomfort is from my perineum but different from the constant pain I had before. Wow! Wonderful experience with the staff at KU med center.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

boots1959

Postby boots1959 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:00 am

newbie443 wrote:Turned out a bit better than I expected. I still am a brother!!! Wooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!! He removed the left cylinder. Found the perforation and repaired that. Re-installed the left cylinder to correct I hope at least part of the glans hypermobility. Snake eyes on the left side of the glans only. I am 50% inflated. No sex for 6 weeks.

Hi newbie, just read this thread all the way through. Good to read you have had a good result.
Cheers boots.
Implanted AMS 700 lgx, Jan 15th 2021. 18cm with 3cm rte.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 am

Happy for you that it went better than expected. Remember ICE is your friend! Good luck and keep us posted.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:46 am

Thanks brother. I really had no idea the doctor would address my glans hypermobility and part of my pain with sex at that location. Every time I would show it to a doctor they would just say it's not that bad and dismiss it completely. Time will tell. I had expected an incision in my perineum to secure the end of my left cylinder with a suture sling. But that did not happen so the doctor was able to get it done through the scrotal incision. Time will tell.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:17 am

I did find a second incision. It is under my left testicle. It was not bandaged nor had stitches but seems to be cauterize. Not sure about wound care for it but antibiotic ointment sure makes it feel better. Swelling was a problem in the hospital and made it difficult to pee to be able to leave. Nurse did a bunch of ultra sounds to check how full my bladder was. First was empty so I guess I had a catheter in surgery. IDK but I did not have a catheter when I went to recovery. I had a spinal block and it went pretty high. So it does interfere with kidney function an a persons ability to pee. I read another post about a member having to go back for a catheter when he was released and could not pee and his bladder just kept filling. So I was at that point that they were monitoring my bladder to see if they would need to put a cath in or not. The swelling would have made that really difficult. Ice or cold packs right after surgery would have helped with that. But was not done. I was bandaged pointing left across the seem of my pubic pad and thigh. This was to help with the reset of the left cylinder and the glans hypermobility. And I have some bruising near the base of my shaft on the right side so it seems the doctor addressed a complaint I had of a deformity at that location.

As I said I hate laying on my back. I sleep on my stomach. And when I was in recovery I wanted to set up right. Big mistake. First surgery I was inflated and pointed at my belly button so I could not set up and had to lay flat. I had a cath in until the next morning so peeing was not a problem. This time I was pointed to the left and could set up easily and that caused swelling and difficulty in peeing. So stay as flat as you can until they kick you out and ask for cold packs as soon as you have the wherewithal to do so. I did not use cold packs until I was home after a 3 hour drive from the hospital. The swelling was like a 100% erection and made for rally difficult and painful urination. All is good now though. Discharge instructions said nothing about cold packs. But they are a god send for this and should be used. Like hitting the deflate button to reduce swelling. I had them in the freezer waiting for my arrival home.

Doing well now though. I have a 15lb weight lifting restriction until I go in for my first check up a week from next Monday. I am extremely happy with the staff and work done by the surgeon. The only improvement I could see is keeping me flat on my back and cold packs on my genitals in recovery and cold pack protocol in my discharge instructions.

66 years young.

Return to “Implants”