5 weeks post op and who wants to be a billionaire?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
stephen54

Re: 5 weeks post op and who wants to be a billionaire?

Postby stephen54 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Joe Behot wrote:Just had my 5 week anniversary and what a 5 weeks. Icing, hot baths, icing, hot baths. Swelling, no swelling. cut the grass, major swelling, ice, no swelling, hot baths. It feels like I have 2 nuts. My right one is perfect, small and floating free and having the time of his life. Now, the left side of my saac and this one huge egg. I'm assuming this large mass has the massive AMS 700 LGX Block, pump and my left nut buried in there somewhere. Actually, last night, 5 weeks post op, I was actually able to feel the block. I was afraid to pump what I thought was the pump because I didnt want to squeeze my left nut. Anyway, took a chance and it didnt hurt so it wasnt my nut but it was so hard to squeeze that it didnt inflate anyway. Probably a good thing because there is no way to find that damn deflate button. Swelling is down in the scrotum so hopefully will get easier to determine what is what soon. On to the billionaire comment. I realize in todays political climate, it may not be fashionable to be a billionaire but hopefully, someone out there still wants to be. Whoever can build a micro chip to be inserted in your scrotum that can be operated via remote control or an app on your phone, that raises your dick and lowers it without this massive block and pump installed in your scrotum will, no doubt, become a billionaire. We have micro sensors that can raise and lower a garage door, why not a dick? Get to work entrepreneurs!

There's a lot of dick technology coming. I don't have a link to share but I do have a PDF of the 2020 journal article discussing some of the things on the horizon. They do include externally activated devices using technologies including bluetooth. From the article:

"Recently, BSCI has submitted several patents over the past few years, which one might speculate would indicate plans to enhance current pump functionality. Specifically, patent application #14/863,965 describes a subamplifier that is designed to augment manual pressure applied to the pump. Moreover, patents #10285815, #9522065, #9889010, and #9808343 describe an automated pump system that uses an external control to help wirelessly generate the power necessary to activate the pump mechanisms. These innovative concepts and designs may potentially address one of the most limiting aspects of 3-piece devices, which is the need for manual inflation and deflation of the device. This is a particularly relevant issue among men with scrotal sensitivity, abnormal scrotal anatomy, or those who are unable to reach or fully inflate the pump. Coloplast has also applied for patents relating to improvements with insertion of the prosthesis itself, including application #9980722, which describes a locking needle to be used with the Furlow insertion tool. Although the specific role forthe invention remains undisclosed, it may relate to facilitating needle passage during implantation and preventing inadvertent injury of surrounding tissues or the prosthetic itself.

Another innovative prosthetic device design involves the use of a nickel-titanium alloy that morphs between flaccid and erect states with increasing temperature. To provide the necessary elevated temperature for device activation, a magnetic induction coil can be externally applied, with resultant deformation of the materials into a straightened (erect)
state. As the device cools, it subsequently returns to its bent (detumesced) and more malleable state. An in vitro mechanical assessment of the device demonstrated the ability to support 2.6 kg of axial load in the straightened (erect) state, which was superior to inflatable prostheses (1.4 kg) and inferior to other malleable devices (6.5 kg). The device also was shown to have significant durability, with the ability to repeatedly cycle between states without any noticeable structural deterioration. The device does have a few notable limitations (logistical and otherwise) that would hinder its clinical utility. The current blend of alloys requires an increase of 10°C–15°C (18°F–27°F) to achieve straightening. This would, thus, require elevating and maintaining the temperature of the device to roughly 53°C (130°F), which is technically challenging to achieve. In addition, although in vitro assessments did not demonstrate histological damage, it is unclear how local tissues would be impacted by sustained elevated temperatures as well as regional spikes in temperature. Also, the logistics of maintaining an induction field close enough to the device to achieve the desired effect requires development. Despite these limitations, the underlying concept and technology for this novel prosthesis are intriguing and warrant further investigation. This is particularly the case given the many advantages that such a prosthesis would offer, including improved durability, negation of manual pump inflation, simpler fabrication, improved/equivalent rigidity to other devices, likely reduced infection rate, simpler insertion, and obviation of reservoirs and associated complications, among others.

A newer introduction in the field of penile prosthetics is the Zephyr 475 (Zephyr Surgical Implants, Geneva, Switzerland). The device is currently not cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and only one study has reported outcomes to date. From a manufacturing standpoint, the Zephyr uses a 3-layer design with silicone and fabric which permits controlled girth expansion while purportedly limiting tunical herniation. In contrast to the BSCI and Coloplast devices, the Zephyr does not incorporate a one-touch release mechanism or antibiotic impregnation (directly or indirectly via coatings that uptake antibiotics), but is often less expensive than the more traditional 3-piece implants. The overall design is otherwise very similar to the BSCI and Coloplast devices, with two cylinders, pump, and a saline-filled reservoir. In a preliminary study of 28 men undergoing
placement of the device (median follow-up of 35 months), 93% were revision free at most recent follow-up, and the overall satisfaction was 93%..."

54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

Gt1956

Re: 5 weeks post op and who wants to be a billionaire?

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Interesting, I've always said that I believed that research was on going. Now the issue for most of us. Timing! Does it make sense for say a 50 year old to wait maybe 10 years for the new whiz bang model? Does it benefit a 20 year old to wait. Missing out on what could be described as some of his best years. Delayed or lost relationships?
I maintain & other may disagree. That you make the best choice from what is available at the time. No arguement that the future will be different & likely better. But what is the price to pay for delaying?
I pop over to the "young members" section every once in a while. It tears at my heart to see these young men frozen on making an implant decision. Keep trying all kinds of diets & supplements looking for a miracle cure. ED is horrible.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”