Failed pump after 8 months

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Trchd1

Failed pump after 8 months

Postby Trchd1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:35 pm

I have a AMS 700 CX
When going to inflate everything seemed to feel fine until it gets to about 65 70% and then the pump collapses where I cannot squeeze any more I've tried to hit the release button I've tried to reset it by squeezing the block on both ends while pressing the button and it still wants to only go to 65 70% and that's it I don't know what's going on
I sure hope that AMS will pay for this corrective surgery to replace the pump if I have to have it replaced but here we go the year 2020 strikes again

Ronn1708

Re: Failed pump after 8 months

Postby Ronn1708 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:48 am

I had a Titan pump that went bad in 5 months back in 2017. My insurance paid for the surgery and Coloplast provided the pump. I’m dealing with another failure 29 months later. My first implant lasted from 2013 to 2017. I’ve had a run of bad luck
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:47 am

A failed pump is one of my worries because I sure do not want to repeat what I went through for the implant. Someone here suggested calling Coloplast for issues and said their support help is great.
At this time my pump seems to be failing, I can pump up all the way but after I deflate my cylinders fill back up to around 40% after a few minutes.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:20 pm

My Titan pump failed a couple of months ago after 12 years of zero use. No amount of pumping moves any fluid - I have no idea what the problem might be, but it sure wasn't caused by excessive use. I have asked Dr. Kramer if he could take a look at it when he gets up and running again.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:42 pm

Old Guy wrote:A failed pump is one of my worries because I sure do not want to repeat what I went through for the implant. Someone here suggested calling Coloplast for issues and said their support help is great.
At this time my pump seems to be failing, I can pump up all the way but after I deflate my cylinders fill back up to around 40% after a few minutes.

Sounds like "auto-inflation" also known as "self-inflation". A valve problem. Usually very easily remedied and the Coloplast Patient Liaison should be able to talk you through the process on the phone.

The other good news is that replacing a failed pump valve is a LOT easier than the original emplacement on both the surgeon an the patient.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:07 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
Old Guy wrote:A failed pump is one of my worries because I sure do not want to repeat what I went through for the implant. Someone here suggested calling Coloplast for issues and said their support help is great.

Sounds like "auto-inflation" also known as "self-inflation". A valve problem. Usually very easily remedied and the Coloplast Patient Liaison should be able to talk you through the process on the phone.

The other good news is that replacing a failed pump valve is a LOT easier than the original emplacement on both the surgeon an the patient.

Thanks Lost Sheep. Even if a pump replacement is easier that's something I don't care to find out.
I plan to see my surgeon soon anyway for other issues. IF anything needs replacing it's going to wait until next year anyway after I get on Part B.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

young_and_impotent

Postby young_and_impotent » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:38 pm

A bit unrelated but what is the length of your implant/ along with RTE?
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

Return to “Implants”