It s time for the implant - 27 yo long time sufferer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Re: It s time for the implant - 27 yo long time sufferer

Postby merrix » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:05 am

mr.skin wrote:Hello to all,

I ve been lurking around for 2.5 years now here and now unfortunately I am quite certain that it s time to go the implant route.

I have ed for almost 10 years now, until a vein ligation two years ago I had no usable erection at all, beginning of the year I had my first penetrative sex using injection 10mcg and combining it with pde5i and I felt like superman. 3 to 4 hours wonderful erections (even when drunk) in the evening and sex in the morning was possible only with pills.

The effect weaned off, I am now with another girl, I am using 20mcg of pge1 and 50mg (!) of tadalafil and I have trouble now getting it up properly.

I was confident with consistent erections with the injections and the ongoing effect of improved erections but apparently the effect of the ligation has weaned off and I am back at zero.

Unfortunately I dont seem to be able to fit the implant in my last two years of medical school Which is putting me under stress as I just am hooking up with a girl who is deeply into penetrative sex.

I might have to take a year off of school and will lose contact to all of my friends (bc the system here is a bit different, we have to go to all sort of other institutions to do the rotations of our last year) before starting work life.

I will use the VED to preserve my size (my best erection with an injection is a 6.7x5.5, but I dont seem to get them anymore, meaning I will have to live with a smaller dick (stretched out with marginal glans engorgement it is 6.3 inches and without full engorgement of the corpus spongiosum it is more like 5.2 to 5.3 inches in girth.

I know most of the questions here I will ask now have been answered and I do recognize a lot of the members I have read posts from (merrix, dustyknox and cnidium are threads I d recommen to every young member interested in an implant) as well as Lostsheep who is always eager to help from a more philosophical point of view most of the time ;))

But here they go :

i) I have a very slim build, small bones, meaning my crus is probably not so deep, I fear of a hinge effect and not so perfect angle. I read about eid trimming the fixed part of the titan implants to achieve an better angle - is that correct ?

I am of course not the right person to answer such a medically technical question. But I don't see why that would be the case. I think you should forget and focus on more important things and things you can impact...

II) sports is an elementar part of my life and most probably the thing which saved me from getting mentally ill while experiencing this whole thing, I play soccer, hit the weights room twice a week and go running once a week.
Especially doing compound exercises with heavy loads (in relation to my body weight) keep me happy - e.g. heavy deadlifts and overhead presses - and soccer. Anyone done any abrupt abdominal movements without pain and harming the implant ?

I have been very active with my implant. Tennis, boxing and weights. Fairly heavy, only compound exercises. High-rep sqats with 140 kg (310 lbs) and low-mid reps deadlifts with 180 kg (400 lbs) without any problems. I did take some good time off though. Don't really remember, but it will be recorded in "My Journal" here on FT for sure. As I remember I took about 2 months off. Eid did recommend longer, but you know how it is...

III)
I know recovery is different for everyone but usually whats the threshold when I will be able to stand without to much discomfort for more than 4 hours straight ? 6 weeks ? 10 weeks ?

You said it. Very different for very different people. I think I had a slow recovery in terms of being able to stand up for longer times. In my case about 3-4 weeks. 10 weeks till being able to stand up for 4 hours - then I'd say something went wrong.

IV) revisions - I will have to get most probably 3 to 4 revision - the probability of catching an infection if we assume that the risk of infection is 5% per revision with 4 revisions is about 19 % (1-(0.95^4)) which means one out of five times I will have to deal with an infection in my lifetime.

The risk will not be 5% if you find a good surgeon. Eid and Kramer have around 0.6% on all implants, virgin and revisions. So if you change your equation to adjust to their level, you will be at 3% risk over 5 revisions. And that's with an average population. Most/many men getting implants are older, have other deseases which make them more prone to infections. Your risk if you are healthy is probably lower.
Surgeons in the lower quartile of volume have infection rates at around 3.1%. That would give you 15% chance of an infection over 5 surgeries. 5 times the risk with Eid, Kramer...

V) most important topic rn, I have trouble orgasming with the injections - meaning I usually go for penetrative sex for about 10-15 minutes straigt in an exhaustive manner and this will lead to ejaculation roughly about in one out of three times. I suppose this will worsen with the implant ?

Why would you suppose that? For me the effect was the opposite. I used to struggle to orgasm sometimes before implant. My 2 cents as to the reasons:
1 - it is harder to come with a semi-erection vs a full erection.
2 - it is a psychological issue. You know the clock is ticking (before your crap dick goes down) and that adds stress. Which is bad. With an implant, well you can fuck slowly for an hour. Get out of bed, take a shit, wash up, go to the kitchen, open a bottle of champagne, pour it over your missus' pussy, lick it up, share the rest of the bottle, and then keep going with your fucking again. For as long as it takes. That makes wonders for your ability to come. No stress. Your dick is going to be there for you for as long as you want.

The thing is, since I used the injections I think conceiling the implant for ONS is not that big of a deal, I usually excuse myself to the bathroom to inject and no one bats an eye.

Right. Even though I never did injections, I confirm what you say. Pumping up a dick is less difficult to hide than injecting your dick. You can technically do it during foreplay. Especially while you give her oral. But if you go to the bathroom, then yeah, no problem. Just remember that your preferred hardness puts some kind of limitation on this. The hardness I use makes it absolutely impossible to fit any kind of pants. My dick will not bend sideways to my groin. I could not even button my jeans with my penetration-sex-hardness. What I would have to do is either wait till the time when no pants are being put on. I.e. just go take a shower and then come out naked or in just my underwear. Or pump to the level where I can fit my jeans on and then do the top-up later in the wash room or in bed.
But you'll find your ways and it won't be a big deal. Better than the injections.

I d like to keep this thread as a log for myself and how I deal with it, so please try to stay on topic.#

I wish you all the best
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

mr.skin

Re: It s time for the implant - 27 yo long time sufferer

Postby mr.skin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:30 am

Thanks for all the answers.

I read them back when I asked the questions and appreciated all of them.

Today I have a rather bad day, realizing again that my crappy erections got worse.

My gf (with whom I have been hooking up since September) and I see each other approx. 2-3 times a week where we do 3-7 rounds of sex and while being on high doses of PDE5I (20-30mg tada, 60mg vardenafil) I can get erections which need constant stimulation but once I get it in I can have sex for 5-15 minutes (if I go to slow I tend to lose the erection) most of the time two different positions (missionary, sideways and doggy) .

But as merrix described in one of his posts it s more about avoiding bad feelings than creating good ones.

my self-worth in that moment (or let s say my inner balance) is tied to the question if I could pound her good and did not cum in the first 5 minutes (bc of the stimulation I need I now tend to cum a lot earlier).

Not saying I didnt have good sex, e.g. going for 4 rounds in 2.5 hours and the last one being intense with different positions and rough sex (lost my erection in the end but bc we realized we didnt close the curtains and the flat on the other side from the street had an excellent view to our rather rough sex made me laugh)

Especially today I am curious again about the implant, thinking that it s the way to go.

But since I dont know the difference between a normal dick and my dick I am quite uncertain. I never had a normal dick.

E.g. for merrix experiencing sex with a near normal dick after sclerotherapy made him realize what he s missing out on.

Being someone who has overcome different obstacles in his life, with just one goal in mind - being happy, I am
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Return to “Implants”