It s time for the implant - 27 yo long time sufferer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mr.skin

It s time for the implant - 27 yo long time sufferer

Postby mr.skin » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:07 am

Hello to all,

I ve been lurking around for 2.5 years now here and now unfortunately I am quite certain that it s time to go the implant route.

I have ed for almost 10 years now, until a vein ligation two years ago I had no usable erection at all, beginning of the year I had my first penetrative sex using injection 10mcg and combining it with pde5i and I felt like superman. 3 to 4 hours wonderful erections (even when drunk) in the evening and sex in the morning was possible only with pills.

The effect weaned off, I am now with another girl, I am using 20mcg of pge1 and 50mg (!) of tadalafil and I have trouble now getting it up properly.

I was confident with consistent erections with the injections and the ongoing effect of improved erections but apparently the effect of the ligation has weaned off and I am back at zero.

Unfortunately I dont seem to be able to fit the implant in my last two years of medical school Which is putting me under stress as I just am hooking up with a girl who is deeply into penetrative sex.

I might have to take a year off of school and will lose contact to all of my friends (bc the system here is a bit different, we have to go to all sort of other institutions to do the rotations of our last year) before starting work life.

I will use the VED to preserve my size (my best erection with an injection is a 6.7x5.5, but I dont seem to get them anymore, meaning I will have to live with a smaller dick (stretched out with marginal glans engorgement it is 6.3 inches and without full engorgement of the corpus spongiosum it is more like 5.2 to 5.3 inches in girth.

I know most of the questions here I will ask now have been answered and I do recognize a lot of the members I have read posts from (merrix, dustyknox and cnidium are threads I d recommen to every young member interested in an implant) as well as Lostsheep who is always eager to help from a more philosophical point of view most of the time ;))

But here they go :

i) I have a very slim build, small bones, meaning my crus is probably not so deep, I fear of a hinge effect and not so perfect angle. I read about eid trimming the fixed part of the titan implants to achieve an better angle - is that correct ?

II) sports is an elementar part of my life and most probably the thing which saved me from getting mentally ill while experiencing this whole thing, I play soccer, hit the weights room twice a week and go running once a week.
Especially doing compound exercises with heavy loads (in relation to my body weight) keep me happy - e.g. heavy deadlifts and overhead presses - and soccer. Anyone done any abrupt abdominal movements without pain and harming the implant ?

III)
I know recovery is different for everyone but usually whats the threshold when I will be able to stand without to much discomfort for more than 4 hours straight ? 6 weeks ? 10 weeks ?

IV) revisions - I will have to get most probably 3 to 4 revision - the probability of catching an infection if we assume that the risk of infection is 5% per revision with 4 revisions is about 19 % (1-(0.95^4)) which means one out of five times I will have to deal with an infection in my lifetime.

V) most important topic rn, I have trouble orgasming with the injections - meaning I usually go for penetrative sex for about 10-15 minutes straigt in an exhaustive manner and this will lead to ejaculation roughly about in one out of three times. I suppose this will worsen with the implant ?

The thing is, since I used the injections I think conceiling the implant for ONS is not that big of a deal, I usually excuse myself to the bathroom to inject and no one bats an eye.

I d like to keep this thread as a log for myself and how I deal with it, so please try to stay on topic.#

I wish you all the best
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

frwmw1

Re: It s time for the implant - 27 yo long time sufferer

Postby frwmw1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:42 am

Out of interest, what veins were ligated?
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:47 am

Deep dorsal vein, superficial dorsal vein and two ectopic veins which were located on the upper proximal part as well.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:17 pm

Thanks for the information.

Merrix journal mentions Dr Eid's concerns that his ligations effected his recovery as blood didn't clear, he still had an outstanding outcome, obviously. Infact, he avoided soft glans syndrome, it would be interesting if you have a similar outcome.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:39 am

Merrix had sclerotherapy which is a bit different and unfortunately for me my glans is not super hard right now either because of the building of new veins.

But I hope the implant actually compresses some veins (like a very tight condom does rn for me) which would help with the glans engorgement...
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:00 pm

mr.skin wrote:i) I have a very slim build, small bones, meaning my crus is probably not so deep, I fear of a hinge effect and not so perfect angle. I read about eid trimming the fixed part of the titan implants to achieve an better angle - is that correct ?

II) sports is an elementar part of my life and most probably the thing which saved me from getting mentally ill while experiencing this whole thing, I play soccer, hit the weights room twice a week and go running once a week.
Especially doing compound exercises with heavy loads (in relation to my body weight) keep me happy - e.g. heavy deadlifts and overhead presses - and soccer. Anyone done any abrupt abdominal movements without pain and harming the implant ?

III)
I know recovery is different for everyone but usually whats the threshold when I will be able to stand without to much discomfort for more than 4 hours straight ? 6 weeks ? 10 weeks ?

IV) revisions - I will have to get most probably 3 to 4 revision - the probability of catching an infection if we assume that the risk of infection is 5% per revision with 4 revisions is about 19 % (1-(0.95^4)) which means one out of five times I will have to deal with an infection in my lifetime.

V) most important topic rn, I have trouble orgasming with the injections - meaning I usually go for penetrative sex for about 10-15 minutes straigt in an exhaustive manner and this will lead to ejaculation roughly about in one out of three times. I suppose this will worsen with the implant ?

i) Don't know of anything suggesting a connection between crus depth and slimness. I've got a pretty slim build, and my proximal measurement was 9cm. I have an angle of 2 o'clock when pumped, 3 o'clock when deflated.

ii) I lift as well...I specifically asked the doc about powerlifting, he said there should be no problem. I'm not ready to really do things that really strain me a month out from the operation, but I can sneeze again without weird abdominal sensations as of last week, so it's healing up fine. Soccer will be more difficult until you're really recovered. Bouncing around is not comfortable still a month out for me (mostly around the pump).

iii) I'd say I'm just about able to do this now. I did 3-4 hours at my standing desk with pants on this past week. That's about a month.

iv) Statistics are for general population, and for this surgery, the general population is much older and less fit than you are. You will likely be fine.

v) It will not worsen, I think. I have had no problems reaching orgasm at the same rate I was before the implant, and I'm still in the very early, quite uncomfortable phase. Sensations are much the same as they were before, except for the discomfort of pressure and stretching at this early phase. I have very little concern about being able to orgasm once I'm fully recovered.

Hope that helps!
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:40 pm

Thanks for the mention, mr skin. I will try not to disappoint.

mr.skin wrote:I will use the VED to preserve my size (my best erection with an injection is a 6.7x5.5, but I dont seem to get them anymore, meaning I will have to live with a smaller dick (stretched out with marginal glans engorgement it is 6.3 inches and without full engorgement of the corpus spongiosum it is more like 5.2 to 5.3 inches in girth.

DO USE the VED to preserve size. The protocol I recommend is intermittently inducing an erection, holding for a short time and releasing it to flaccid and repeating that cycle for 30 minutes twice a day. Depending on how long it takes your erection to collapse, you should be able to flush blood through your penis in this manner about 20 times, which also stretches your tissues to maintain elasticity and perhaps restore some (recently) lost size. DO NOT OVERPUMP. That can lead to damage, the least of which is edema which resolves in a few days or permanent damage with which I have no experience, thankfully).
mr.skin wrote:i) I have a very slim build, small bones, meaning my crus is probably not so deep, I fear of a hinge effect and not so perfect angle. I read about eid trimming the fixed part of the titan implants to achieve an better angle - is that correct ?

The relationship between slimness of your soft tissue build and your skeletal build is probably not very close. Bone structure is only peripherally related to body build. A skinny guy may have a deep crus and vice versa.

Dr. EId does believe in as few rear tip extenders (RTEs) as possible and even trims a bit to shorten that dimension.

The "hinge effect" is real. The juncture between the rigid rear tip of the implant and the inflatable portion of the implant is more flexible than most of us like. I wonder that the implant makers do not take steps to firm up that juncture.

One way to mitigate the "hinge effect" is to make the fulcrum of your penile "lever" (I refer to the scar tissue "socket" supporting the rear of the implant as far forward as possible; the further proximal the junction between the rear tip and the inflatable tubes is, the more likely you will observe that effect. Not much one can do about that, though.

The most effective preventative measures mitigate the effect is to heal with your penis pointed up and keep it pointed up all the time (so any scar tissue that grows around the rear tip and extenders will be oriented upwards.

Another was to affect the effect is to make the scar tissue "socket" that forms around the proximal portion of the implant as firm and tight as possible. The "socket" grips the rear (solid) as well as the proximal portion (as much of it as is inside your crus). When you inflate the implant, that grip becomes tighter. Thus if the "socket" is oriented upwards, the inflatable portion of the implant will be encouraged to point up, also. Merrix schooled me on this point some time ago: If you keep your implant inflated much of the time, the baseline tightness of grip will be establish around that larger diameter, thus when brought to full inflation the increase in grip is not so much. If the baseline tightness of grip of that "socket" is established around a deflated implant tube, when you inflate that tube, the increase in tightening is maximized, thus pointing the implant and stabilizing wobble not only up and down, but side to side, also.
mr.skin wrote:V) most important topic rn, I have trouble orgasming with the injections - meaning I usually go for penetrative sex for about 10-15 minutes straight in an exhaustive manner and this will lead to ejaculation roughly about in one out of three times. I suppose this will worsen with the implant ?

I was troubled with too-quick ejaculations (largely due to the extremely high and continuous stimulation stimulation required get and keep an erection very quickly would produce orgasm and ejaculation). After implant, my ejaculations were nearly absent for about a year and a half. Now, I seldom fail to orgasm. Thankfully, II have yet to beat my partner to that event for her.
mr.skin wrote:The thing is, since I used the injections I think concealing the implant for ONS is not that big of a deal, I usually excuse myself to the bathroom to inject and no one bats an eye.

One night stands or continuing relationships, I usually counsel being up front. However, there are reasons a mam might want to keep an implant secret, lest a former partner should tell, and that telling might damage a man's social profile. Keeping an injection secret is one thing. Keeping an apparatus secret is another. The pump bulb and valve in your penis is readily palpable and often the tubing that connects the two and the reservoir may be, also. One could produce an explanation for them (it better be a good one if your partner is also a medical professional) or you could try to keep your partner from exploring your scrotum in too much detail.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:10 am

mr.skin wrote:Deep dorsal vein, superficial dorsal vein and two ectopic veins which were located on the upper proximal part as well.

Did you find this had any negative effects? E.g. Loss of sensation, poorer health of the skin, neuropathic pain?

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:32 pm

mr.skin wrote:Merrix had sclerotherapy which is a bit different and unfortunately for me my glans is not super hard right now either because of the building of new veins.

But I hope the implant actually compresses some veins (like a very tight condom does rn for me) which would help with the glans engorgement...

Doesn't Sclerotherapy close the vein as well?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:23 pm

mr.skin wrote:(edited for focus)

I know most of the questions here I will ask now have been answered and I do recognize a lot of the members I have read posts from (merrix, dustyknox and cnidium are threads I d recommen to every young member interested in an implant) as well as Lostsheep who is always eager to help from a more philosophical point of view most of the time ;))

Thanks for the mention, mr.skin. I admit my medical knowledge is limited, but I try there and really try to help men (and their significant others and sexual partners) deal with all aspects of E.D.'s effects. It is not just a physical problem, even if the cause is purely physical.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”