Just a question ?? Any insight please ?!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ronn1708

Re: Just a question ?? Any insight please ?!

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:48 pm

I currently have an appointment set for Dr Hakky Nov 3rd. Can't wait !!!! My depression over all this crap is awful. I am feeling better after speaking with his office personnel. Everyone has been super nice and going above and beyond to assist me !
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:Well I work in a very small town and a very small company. I really don't want the local coffee shop talk to be about my implant...lol Gossip is small towns is crazy. I only have a local doctor for small stuff like sinus etc. I dont even have my other information from doctors a hundred miles away share any information with his office. My local doctor knows everything but it's not written in my file at his office. He knows how things are too!!! And HEPA don't mean crap around here. Trying to find the source of a leak is like finding a ring in the bottom of the ocean...impossible..

HIPPA vs HEPA. Yes, HEPA is supposed to filter out even small particles (of news/gossip). But HIPPA in a small town might be even less effective a barrier to "dust". :D

If you don't mind a bit of unsolicited advice, if I found myself the subject of gossip, the "way of the duck", letting it fall off my back feathers like raindrops off a duck's back works quite well for me. Of course, there are some things about myself that I have not published, even here, in a relatively safe arena, so who am I to talk. My girlfriend does not even want me to post pictures of my operation results (even anonymously). Go figure. At some point you may find yourself in a position forced to choose among choices of 1) deny the story, 2) acknowledge the story or 3) proudly say, "Yes, I am implanted - I faced and dealt with a problem and overcame it."

It took a long time for me to summon the candor (courage?) to talk to my Doctor about my E.D. and ask for oral medications. Later on, I plainly told my girlfriends that my penis did not work as well as it should. Girlfriends generally accepted me in my deficiencies and my attributes. Though non stuck around, for various reasons. Eventually, I advertised on a dating site plainly stating that I was functionally impotent, but seeking treatment and a "lab partner" to accompany me (the lab work would clearly involve sex, both before and after my penis became functional) on my journey to implantation. The overwhelming majority of responses were positive and congratulatory on the courage I showed in facing my problem proactively. I take that as evidence that not only do women get upset with a man who will not stop and ask for directions when driving, but they respect a man who does not go into denial about sexual functioning either, but who is willing to take the bull by the horns and fix whatever is wrong.

All this is to say that if word does get out, having a plan of action to respond that disclosure will give you two things. Less worry about the potential and a plant of action to turn the outcome to your favor.

Coffee shop talk? Remember the adage: "No publicity is bad publicity", P.T. Barnum or earlier, Oscar Wilde: "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Depending on if you are married or not, I suppose. Check the attitudes behind the posts in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12167&p=105570
Wear it proudly if you wear it at all.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Lost Sheep I appreciate your point of view and appreciate you sharing. I did mean HIPPA. Based on politics I have lived in a glass house for many years and receive plenty of coffee shop talk because of that. My public life is totally separate than my private life. I never had an issue of discussing my ED with the Urologist but he is two hours from home. I guess so much of my life is public I really appreciate what little bit of private life I have. Thanks again though for your feedback here on the board because it does spark information and different view points on the subject.. PS This will be my fourth surgery for an implant..
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:Lost Sheep I appreciate your point of view and appreciate you sharing. I did mean HIPPA. Based on politics I have lived in a glass house for many years and receive plenty of coffee shop talk because of that. My public life is totally separate than my private life. I never had an issue of discussing my ED with the Urologist but he is two hours from home. I guess so much of my life is public I really appreciate what little bit of private life I have. Thanks again though for your feedback here on the board because it does spark information and different view points on the subject.. PS This will be my fourth surgery for an implant..

Yeah, a public figure might have different concerns than those I considered. Following the "way of the duck" is just not possible in some situations.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”