Aaron Weinberg, MD

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Raydo99

Aaron Weinberg, MD

Postby Raydo99 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Greetings,

First time poster. Thanks to all for your contributions to the board. It's been an interesting read.

I am close to moving forward with an implant. I reside in Maryland and had a few discussions with Dr. Kramer prior to his departure from Chesapeake Urology. I am most interested in finding a surgeon who specializes in implants.

Has anyone on the board had an implant done by Dr. Aaron Weinberg? He is also with Chesapeake Urology and is listed on the Coloplast website as a Center of Excellence (the designation applies to him and not the larger practice). Dr. Weinberg told me that he did about 100 implants last year and will do about the same this year.

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback to share.

Thanks!

rosnekacj

Re: Aaron Weinberg, MD

Postby rosnekacj » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 pm

I'm satisfied with him and his expertise.
He implanted me with a Titan 22 cm w/o rear tip extenders on Mar.8,2021 using the infrapubic approach. I am 4 weeks under recovery, 87 years old and still in discomfort and have had slow, gentle satisfying sex twice. Scrotum still swollen and too sore to cycle very much. But I feel I am improving daily. Making progress in learning to pump - can depress wall to wall with one hand. have pumped to full hard a few times. However it is very challenging to learn to manipulate the deflation valve. Consequently I don't cycle very often because I'm afraid of being unable to get it down. But I am making progress.
jensor4
88 yo
UroxatralForUrineFlow
ED dueToAging
TRT with5%creamBio-identical T 2X, T level 500-800
Sildenafil,E prostaglandinInjection,VacuumPump
17 cm (6 3/4 in)MeasuredByVacuumPump
Implanted3/8/21,Titan22cm
Lost 1/2"LengthAfterImplant
Dr A. Weinburg

Flounder

Postby Flounder » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:51 am

I did several consultations and lots of reading here on FT. I was very comfortable with Dr. Weinberg to do my implant surgery but ultimately decided to go a different direction
Last edited by Flounder on Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:57 am

I asked Dr. Kramer for a referral to somebody who could diagnose my malfunctioning Titan, since he has decamped 10 hours away from me. He recommended Dr. Weinberg at Chesapeake for a consultation/diagnosis, but said he was not convinced Weinberg would have the expertise to repair the implant if that's what is recommended. I finally decided not to do anything, since a) I never used the implant and would not even if was repaired or replaced and b) I'm almost 78 and my sex life ended over 15 years ago, and c) I've had two open heart surgeries, the most recent 6 months ago, and have no interest in any more cutting.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Username1

Postby Username1 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:41 pm

Don’t know about Weinberg.

Leesburg, Va is where Dr Tajakarimi is located. He’s an excellent implant surgeon.
I’m almost 30 days post surgery. No complications. Recovery has been relatively easy. He’s quick to answer any questions. Highly recommended.

Honestly, I didn’t research implant docs. When I meet Taj I didn’t even know about the procedure. I liked him, his staff is awesome…so I followed my gut instinct, went with him..helped that he is local to me.

Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss my surgery and experience with Taj.
Implanted 5.25.21 Coldplast, 24cm. Dr Tajkarimi.

Flounder

Postby Flounder » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:23 pm

I initially filled out a new patient request with Dr Tajakarimi via his ad to the left but never heard back from his office. That was sort of a put-off so I then reached out to Dr. Weinberg and within a half hourI had an appointment for consultation albeit 5 weeks away.

When I met with Dr. Weinberg I got a similar gut feeling that “ This guy knows his stuff”

Anyway, the OP specifically asked for inputs on Dr. Weinberg, not alternatives, so I’ll return to the original topic. The things that impressed me about Dr. Weinberg were his energy and enthusiasm yet having the patients in answer all my questions. He didn’t sugar coat anything and seemed to give fair account of what to expect. He’s a Coloplast “center of excellence” provider and gave his reasons why he leans towards Titan but will also install AMS. The practice is fully stocked with both brands. He’s high volume doing over 100 implants per year and stated he did 3 implants in the morning before my consultation. I liked his techniques including no catheter and early cycling post surgery. Also his past association with Dr. Karamer and collaboration with the other skilled surgeons in his practice which I believe helps a surgeon stay on top of their game. I judged his age as being old enough to be experienced but young enough to likely be in practice for years to come which I feel is a bonus.

I’m seriously considering Dr. Weinberg but still have another consult planned. Bythe end of the year I’ll be able to give an better account but for now I’m confident in Dr. Weinberg’s capability.
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

Return to “Implants”