Physician Finder

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mike123

Physician Finder

Postby mike123 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:55 pm

I'm just curious about the source of data in the physician finder database. Plugging in an Orlando zip code, I'm presented with doctors from Tampa, Jacksonville and Miami, but nothing closer than Tampa. In or near Orlando are Brady, Kata and Dineen. From reviews I've read and questions I've asked, all are very highly regarded and skilled implant surgeons, but none are in the database.

I'm wondering what the database inclusion criteria are and how missing doctors can be vetted and added.
Implanted 2020 Nov 30 with Titan 22cm, no RTEs by Dr Dineen in Daytona Beach.
TURP for BPH 2020 Jul 27. Resulted in RE.
ED started around 2005.

Gt1956

Re: Physician Finder

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Just a guess on my part. I bet that the doctors must pay a fee in order to show in the database. Likely some better known doctors don't see any sense paying the fee if they have plenty of work. Remember nothing is free applies to them also.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

anonymous 5

Postby anonymous 5 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Just a guess on my part. I bet that the doctors must pay a fee in order to show in the database. Likely some better known doctors don't see any sense paying the fee if they have plenty of work. Remember nothing is free applies to them also.

Hi,
I think you might want to contact the Admin of this site about the Physician Finder menu item. He's probably the most knowledgeable about it, since he developed it according to what I've read on this site. I don't know the criterion for inclusion; but if your "guess" is correct, that would be disheartening. I doubt that money trumps merit.

Curious to find out, though.

Bruce
65 yo. Terrible implant surgery by dr. Grigoriev from Las Vegas Urology on 30 Jun 20. (See my post in Implants titled "Newby here: My recent (30 Jun 20), bad penile implant experience".) DO NOT GO TO HIM!

mike123

Postby mike123 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:31 pm

GT, you could be right and that was my first thought, but then I reminded myself that I'm probably just being cynical. I hope so. I don't know the board admins, but my impressions (in the short time I've been here) have been that they really want what's best for the implantee community. Perhaps they feel a list of paid advertisements at least gives people a starting point, or perhaps it's not a paid advertisement list at all.

If not, I'm curious what the vetting process is how members of the community can recommend skilled surgeons to add.
ED started around 2005.

anonymous 5

Postby anonymous 5 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:32 pm

mike123 wrote:I'm just curious about the source of data in the physician finder database. Plugging in an Orlando zip code, I'm presented with doctors from Tampa, Jacksonville and Miami, but nothing closer than Tampa. In or near Orlando are Brady, Kata and Dineen. From reviews I've read and questions I've asked, all are very highly regarded and skilled implant surgeons, but none are in the database.

I'm wondering what the database inclusion criteria are and how missing doctors can be vetted and added.

(I mistakenly replied to another poster who responded to your post. Hope this isn't too confusing.)

Hi,
I think you might want to contact the Admin of this site about the Physician Finder menu item. He's probably the most knowledgeable about it, since he developed it according to what I've read on this site. (One response to your original post said money was a possible factor. I don't know the criterion for inclusion; but I doubt that money trumps merit.)

Curious to find out, though.

Bruce
65 yo. Terrible implant surgery by dr. Grigoriev from Las Vegas Urology on 30 Jun 20. (See my post in Implants titled "Newby here: My recent (30 Jun 20), bad penile implant experience".) DO NOT GO TO HIM!

mike123

Postby mike123 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:45 pm

Bruce, I thought about PMing the the admin directly, but I figured the answer would benefit many here so I decided to make it an open query. If there is a non-paid inclusion criteria, I'm sure people would like to know so they can get their recommendation in. If it is a paid list, I thought people would probably like to know that as well.
ED started around 2005.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Lets not jump to a conclusion too fast. Just because a fee is collected does not mean that any old hack doctor could be included. The fee could pay for a small background search, programming, virus software, database software & updates, several other things that we don't see. Even on the other side of the fence, nothing is free.
A better strategy in my opinion. If you see a doctor included in the finder that you have good reason to question. Bring it to the moderators attention with some facts & let him address it.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”