Update - implanted 3.5 weeks ago - started cycling today

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Accutane2020

Re: Update - implanted 3.5 weeks ago - started cycling today

Postby Accutane2020 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:28 pm

Update:

I haven’t been back on Frank talk for a while - probably 18 months.

Apologies if I have missed any queries during this time, in all honesty it’s been a huge relief to be able to live my day to day life without the issue of surgery and Ed looming over me. As a result my personal life is much improved.

However, 2 years and 4 months after my initial surgery I’m pretty sure the pump on my Titan has failed. When pumping to max inflation last week the bulb just went flat and only returned to a round shape when I deflated. Nothing like this has happened before and discussion with my surgeons secretary today confirmed that this would probably mean a revision in the near future.

I will see my surgeon in person as the jury is still out as to whether there is a leak. Currently I can still use the system but the same phenomenon happens each time - a flat bulb when fully pumped and I am reminded of the fragility of the device. The secretary implored me to continue using the device until I could no longer achieve an erection but there is also an anxiety to using something you are aware is not operating in the intended way 100%.

So in all likelihood, I have a revision in my near future (I will post an update on here if and when this happens). Obviously it’s much earlier than I would have liked - just shy of 2.5 years is far less than some but equally I had no other choice at the time and I have achieved so much in that time.

I am hopeful that the recovery on the revision may be a bit quicker given that it’s the second go but I am also aware that revisions come with them a higher chance of complications. Mentally, it is intimidating to be going through this again but I take comfort in the fact that I had no other viable option and the implant has given me a life that was just not possible previously.
Mid 20’s. Titan 22 cm + 1.5cm RTE. All good so far.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:26 pm

Sorry you're having an issue at 2 1/2 years. Hope things can get fixed easily. A revision scares me too. I'm at 3+ years and loving the fact I can get an erection whenever I want.
Keep posting the outcome of your journey.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:02 pm

Accutane2020 wrote:Update:

I haven’t been back on Frank talk for a while - probably 18 months.

Apologies if I have missed any queries during this time, in all honesty it’s been a huge relief to be able to live my day to day life without the issue of surgery and Ed looming over me. As a result my personal life is much improved.

However, 2 years and 4 months after my initial surgery I’m pretty sure the pump on my Titan has failed. When pumping to max inflation last week the bulb just went flat and only returned to a round shape when I deflated. Nothing like this has happened before and discussion with my surgeons secretary today confirmed that this would probably mean a revision in the near future.

I will see my surgeon in person as the jury is still out as to whether there is a leak. Currently I can still use the system but the same phenomenon happens each time - a flat bulb when fully pumped and I am reminded of the fragility of the device. The secretary implored me to continue using the device until I could no longer achieve an erection but there is also an anxiety to using something you are aware is not operating in the intended way 100%.

So in all likelihood, I have a revision in my near future (I will post an update on here if and when this happens). Obviously it’s much earlier than I would have liked - just shy of 2.5 years is far less than some but equally I had no other choice at the time and I have achieved so much in that time.

I’m pretty sure we’re the rule and not the exception. You rarely hear about long term implants on here.
I am hopeful that the recovery on the revision may be a bit quicker given that it’s the second go but I am also aware that revisions come with them a higher chance of complications. Mentally, it is intimidating to be going through this again but I take comfort in the fact that I had no other viable option and the implant has given me a life that was just not possible previously.
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

principles

Postby principles » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:49 pm

Wait, am I missing something or you're simply stating that you're maxing out all the saline from the reservoir when you max pump? Because that's the exact behavior of the pump, it goes flat when you empty the reservoir, after that what I usually did was to press the release button to let the pump fill up again and then pump it a couple times to lock the valve and prevent further deflation and get to 99% inflation and still maintain a "round pump". My thinking was that a flat pump would wear out faster so I didn't allow it to be in that state for long. I've done this a thousand times (literally) before my implant actually failed from an unrelated issue (tubing failure).
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:13 pm

principles wrote:Wait, am I missing something or you're simply stating that you're maxing out all the saline from the reservoir when you max pump? Because that's the exact behavior of the pump, it goes flat when you empty the reservoir, after that what I usually did was to press the release button to let the pump fill up again and then pump it a couple times to lock the valve and prevent further deflation and get to 99% inflation and still maintain a "round pump". My thinking was that a flat pump would wear out faster so I didn't allow it to be in that state for long. I've done this a thousand times (literally) before my implant actually failed from an unrelated issue (tubing failure).

That was how my max pump acted. It simply went flat. It usually takes a couple of years according to my doc, but I did it in a couple months

Accutane2020

Postby Accutane2020 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:28 am

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick responses.

It was difficult to ascertain online what a flat (like a pancake) pump bulb meant after max inflating. I guess if you guys got a fair amount of more solid use after that point I will hold off on the revision. I was just under the impression (from the secretary) that the bulb is never meant to change shape (previously it would maintain a round shape but just pump no more saline).

Principles, I have been keeping tabs on your story and wish you all the best.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:54 am

accutane2020 have you tried, as the principles say, to deflate a little and then re-inflate not 100% but up to a good point that is not the maximum so that the pump remains full?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:33 am

Accutane2020 wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick responses.

It was difficult to ascertain online what a flat (like a pancake) pump bulb meant after max inflating. I guess if you guys got a fair amount of more solid use after that point I will hold off on the revision. I was just under the impression (from the secretary) that the bulb is never meant to change shape (previously it would maintain a round shape but just pump no more saline).

Principles, I have been keeping tabs on your story and wish you all the best.

I had nearly a year of use after flattening my pump. You’ll know when you need a revision. You penis will be much less than you’d expect. You’ll definitely know

drayan123

Postby drayan123 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:27 am

Hey bro did u have any difficulty in gym ?

Accutane2020

Postby Accutane2020 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:41 am

Never had any difficulties in the gym with the implant no

Return to “Implants”