Newby here: My recent (30 Jun 20), bad penile implant experience

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
anonymous 5

Re: Newby here: My recent (30 Jun 20), bad penile implant experience

Postby anonymous 5 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Here's my update 4.5 months after surgery:

He DESTROYED my life!
65 yo. Terrible implant surgery by dr. Grigoriev from Las Vegas Urology on 30 Jun 20. (See my post in Implants titled "Newby here: My recent (30 Jun 20), bad penile implant experience".) DO NOT GO TO HIM!

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:07 pm

Bruce, sorry your having such trouble. Going to respond to your post. Probably will miss some points but will do my best.

I did lots of research. Got a 5 page list of questions to ask the Drs.

I am a Prostate Cancer guy that had surgery 11 years ago. Lost natural erection at 55 years old. Tried pump, muse, pills, and injections. Got some results but lost my manhunt!
Insurance denied implant. So I waited for Medicare.

I talked to my Urologist. He said he did them. He would not give me a name of a guy that he had done the surgery on. So I told hi. That I really liked him as my a urologist but did not know anything about his surgery skills and I wanted to try to find someone else. He assured me that he would still be my Urologist if I we Tito someone else.

I interview 3 more Dr. the second to last one was a perfect fit. Young seemed very informed and skilled. Willing to give me names of patients. After answering all my questions I stood up and said thank you for your time. Then I stopped said “Dr if your Dick was broke who would you go to?” He said Helstrom in New Orleans. I said thanks I sill go see him. Looks like you 2 Dr are in the front run. He said let me know. I thanked him and left.

I talked to the AMS rep in my area and he knows Helstrom well. He had a patient that had surgery with Helstrom call me.

Made appointment with Helstrom. It is a teaching hospital so I had students then the Dr came in. We talked and I was impressed. Set the date. Now the important part.

I told him I wanted LGX! He said why and I answered. He said that’s fine good reason,

He told me he did scrotal implant. To him less invasive.

Gave me instructions for prep. Told me to pump 2x a day with VED. Said it can’t hurt and may help.

Surgery day came Jan 13, 20. Checked n. Took me to the back. I had local Anastasia nerve block. I was rolled into O/R met the AMS Rep at the door of the OR. He said Jeff I have your equipment with me. LGX.

In surgery I am talking to the staff as they got ready to start. Then I was put in a sleep mode. I woke up 1 hr later I. The OR surgery over. Was awake being rolled to recovery.

Was wide awake then moved to my room. Spent one night. One pain pill to sleep.

Next morning early pulled the cath. And the drain and gave me instructions for going home,

No pain. Yes swelling in the bag kind of crowded in there. He told me ice 20 min off and on. At the 2 weeks he said my incision not quite healed I should not bath but could shower from the first day home.

I did not need to support anything. I was not inflated at all.

At the 2 weeks he did inflate a little and deflated I think just to show me.

I asked about cycling he said your too swollen to start. He recommended waiting till the 6 weeks. At 4 weeks I could not stand it any longer and started bathing in hot water and working the bulb.

In week 4 I had my first test run. And started you lung after that.

At the 6 weeks he gave me the ok. When he wanted to see if I could work the pump. He looked at me and I smiled. I said gotta confess I have been working the pump and we have used the equipment. He said I knew it and laughed. Go and enjoy.

Now about you. Thornton inflating to full. I have found just short of full gives more comfortable sex for both of us.

Hope this helps some.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

anonymous 5

Postby anonymous 5 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:47 pm

I'm missing your point.

If you're saying to others to not be afraid they'll have my experience, because you had a better experience, due to your better prepping, etc; great.

Edited 11-23-20 to be less of an asshole to people who mean well. I'm sincerely sorry.

(Frankly, I've become very angry, bitter, frustrated, and totally negative in my outlook now.)
Last edited by anonymous 5 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
65 yo. Terrible implant surgery by dr. Grigoriev from Las Vegas Urology on 30 Jun 20. (See my post in Implants titled "Newby here: My recent (30 Jun 20), bad penile implant experience".) DO NOT GO TO HIM!

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:40 pm

Hey Bruce,

Really sorry about your trouble. The thing is that most problems can be corrected. What others are trying to do is help you find a good doctor by explaining how they did. All doctors have reoperation rates. Just some have fewer than others. The idea is to find the really good ones. There are a bunch out there and maybe one closer to you. Just trying to help you in your search as that is what I and others would do. I am searching for a doctor as well for problems I have. And I can help you with this if you'd like. There have been others that have had even worse trouble than you or I and have found a really good doctor to to solve them. All we are saying is to look for a really good doctor that can help you with this. They are out there. And make a plan to find one. Then make another plan with the doctor to fix this. We are here to help you with this friend. If you want to talk just send me a PM and I will get you my number. Take care and I wish you all the best going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:56 pm

Las Vegas urology is just a group with many doctors. I feel it is to make it easier for old guys to find a doc. Each doc is out for himself and won't refer you to some other doc that may specialize in IPP. Sorry to hear your problem. My doc specialized in IPP for 30 years. He was very good. BUT, he pumped me to 80-90% and said leave it alone for 4 weeks. 80-90% pumped hurts like hell, and you won't find here people that are told not to touch for 4 weeks. My outcome is perfect but healing time was a bitch.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

gene308

Postby gene308 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:36 pm

I am sorry for your troubles. I suggest you contact the hospital where you had your surgery and ask for a copy of your "Operating Room Repport" The OR report. this should be a step by step description of your procedure, This should give you more info. My surgery at University of Utah cost $38,000. Yours cost $138,000 sounds off. Maybe there were complications.
Also I asked for a LGX and was implanted with CX. My Doctor and the AMS rep said that with my dimensions 10 proximal and 13 distal I would be happier with a 21cmCX and 2 cm RTE. I am very happy with the CX.

Best
Gene308 married 43 years AMS 700 CX 21cm+2cm Implanted 10/04/2018 Dr James Hotaling (surgeon) and Mariah McCafferty, (Surgical Nurse and AMS rep) , University of Utah

jcooley

Postby jcooley » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:43 pm

I hear the name of this surgeon for the first time. In my opinion - your mistake was to not make enough research. When it comes to IPP - expert surgeons around 30-40 in the US. But revision is a totally different thing. Find good ipp expert. Kramer, Eid, Perito...

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Bruce20 wrote:Some questions someone might help me with: Has anyone else dealt with the kind of things I’ve experienced? (If so, do you have any lessons/helpful info you can provide?)
1. different implant model used than was agreed to by both the physician and patient (because the LGX is supposedly “unstable” for 7+ inch penis’s);
2. block turned around so the deflation button is within the testicles, thus hard to find;
3. tips of inflation tubes misplaced unevenly in the head (glans) of the penis;
4. irritated, burning sensation in the glans of the penis when the implant is inflated
5. deflation bulb and implant tubing very noticeable more than 2 months after the operation
6. waiting so long (5 weeks) to start cycling
7. Dr.’s advice to ice your swollen and bruised testicles for an hour at a time
8. No post-op aftercare instructions or materials provided
9. Loss of about 1.5 inches girth as well as 1.25 - 1.5 inches length after relatively recently (before the surgery) being able to get a full erection
Does anyone have some constructive advice on things like pumping, increasing size, second opinions, possible revision (cost, how to pay, size impact), etc.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and helping me if you can.

I'm definitely sorry to hear of your challenges here. I am hoping you can work quickly toward a healthier, better resolution somehow.

Following are my opinions only. Yesterday was my one year anniversary of my Titan implantation. I've learned and experienced a lot in this first year. None of the following is anything more than what I have experienced and is just my opinion accordingly. Your mileage may indeed vary.

1) I can't speak to the Boston IPPs specifically or to what your surgeon's decision-making expertise was (or was not) about, but having lived my professional life in the medical device industry I can just say that there are no iron clad contractual guarantees when you're wheeled into any surgery. Read the fine print on your pre-op consent you signed if you think otherwise. I'm not saying your guy made the most learned or correct decisions for you; I have no idea. He might in fact be a magnificent fuck-up. I'm just saying that it's not like buying a car where you agree to certain equipment and options and trim packages and it's unambiguous and you're able to hold the seller to the specific contractual language. It just isn't like that with human medicine - and shouldn't be. Human medicine is as much art as science, and often more art. Surgeons make many decisions on the fly based on the best information they have about your anatomy (often learned when you're anesthetized and dissected), your underlying conditions, your own surgical goals as stated pre-op, and the technical/functional particulars of the device(s) in question. Maybe your guy chose the most optimal IPP, given all your dynamics, and maybe not. I of course agree that you press him hard for his specific rationale which guided that decision making. It certainly sounds like you have plenty of other things you're at odds with him about. Press hard. Keep notes. Also be prepared for things to go quiet from him the more animated/combative you may get with him. It sounds like he's already gone quiet. They smell lawyers and discovery and depositions from long-distance.

2) My deflate apparatus is also aligned a bit oddly. It took significant and repeated efforts to find my own particular positioning of hands and fingers etc. Mine didn't quite come to rest how/where I wanted it, either. But with effort I found my workaround and my rhythm. Maybe you can, too. In my first 8-10 weeks post-op I was back in my surgeon's office I think 6 times. Every time was me leaning on my doc or his fellow or his PA to reality check my handwork and methods. They really helped me to understand where things were aligned, how much pressure to put where, etc. So I'm wondering if you have specifically asked them for time and assistance and what amounts to some very-hands-on tutorials on your new sac and equipment? I thought I could figure it out on my own at the beginning. I was so wrong. But I also was dealing with a surgeon I had known and trusted for many years and who had a very engaged, very responsive, very patient staff. No question was too small or dumb and they helped me. I'm definitely sorry if your guy's approach/staff/culture is not supportive like this. Press them on this. Make it a base expectation. Although, again, maybe the vibe is already veering toward something too adversarial now and maybe this opportunity has passed.

3) and 4) Absolutely unacceptable. Obviously. There are certainly guys here on FT who have been unfortunate to have sub-optimal positioning of the cylinders/tips within the glans...it's terrible and inexcusable. The surgeons who know what they're doing really do not fuck this part up. Discomfort/pain/tissue erosion all being things your guy should have kept you safe from. They need to make that right for you. You're talking about the functional use and enjoyment of your implant and the safety of your tissue. And if that means someone has to re-do the implant...as shitty as that must be to consider at this point...then they need to be pressed (compelled) to make this right for you.

5) I don't know. I can appreciate and see some of my tubing at the base of my dick. Sometimes more than others, depends on how I move, how I position my dick, etc. My deflate block is pretty visible also - a bit like a third nut hanging out amid the other two. But my sac was always tight and small with not much spare room to begin with. I think what you're describing here varies widely with implanted guys and doesn't speak to the surgeon's capabilities necessarily. Lots of variabilities with our anatomies obviously.

6) That varies wildly among surgeons. It just does. Some send guys home 50-70% inflated. Some have guys cycling on day 2. My surgeon (and he's absolutely one of the best there is, though his name is a sleeper because he just doesn't market himself) doesn't start patients cycling until week 4 usually. I had some issues with a lot of sac edema and until that cleared out more I couldn't start to cycle until week 6 or so also. But my result overall has been outstanding. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on your ultimate/long-term results being affected at all by a week 5 start.

7) My guy told me 15 minutes on ice, 15 off, and repeat that multiple times throughout the day and evening. I did that, but I also sometimes let it go from ice cold to cool over 30-45 minutes. It helped remarkably. Not sure how this is a key issue though in the bigger picture.

8) Fairly astounding. I got aftercare instructions for stitches on my fucking toe. But if I hadn't, then I would have asked. Are you saying you requested specific aftercare directions but they still...what?...refused to provide? I don't even understand that. There's some ethical and legal culpability there, if accurate.

9) There are posts by the hundreds here on this topic. Guys are all over the spectrum of what they've experienced. I lost and inch of girth and an inch of length and, a full year out, I have zero expectation of getting those back, ever. I just say my surgeon yesterday and I plan to post some of that discussion with him on my thread where I tried to track my experiences. Guys frequently experience size loss, it's just fact. Some guys get a good degree of the lost size back, over time (years) with a lot of attention to cycling and a lot of luck, I think. The rarer guys get it all back or claim to even gain a little. I don't know. This is my read on this from talking to a lot of guys here and from talking to my surgeon. It's a tough topic. I want my size back, but, on balance, the fact that my dick became instant and unstoppable just entirely outweighs, for me at least, the size loss. That's obviously just me. I was at the end of my ED rope and I prepared myself mentally for some of those consequences. It's certainly not a perfect situation/procedure and there are absolutely some compromises waiting on the other side of the OR for those of us who choose this path. Having said that - it sounds like you've had a pretty significant size differential before/after. Maybe your surgeon didn't do you right, and if he didn't get the distal measurements accurate and maybe didn't get the left/right cylinders lined up properly...then I guess it isn't too far a leap to imagine that he could well have fucked up something else related to sizing the most optimal device for your anatomy. I think you have a lot of unanswered stuff you need a lot of clarity on from your doc.

On the topic of what's next...second opinions...cost. I think your challenge is that you need a lot of answers from your current surgeon. But...what's endgame? What's your goal?
Would you seriously want that guy or someone in his group possibly dissecting your dick again? I surely would not want that. I think that ship sailed. It seems like the trust factor with this guy at this point is out the fucking window, right?

I would immediately gather every scrap of every possible medical record you can get your hands on. Everything. The full OR report. Your charting from your office visits prior and after. All of everything. And get a second opinion soon. With the absolute best surgeon you can get yourself in front of. I don't know where you live, but just commit to traveling as far as you need to go to get in front of an absolute, verifiable pro. The 3 names you see here on FT 24/7 are not the only surgeons who are consummate pros at this. There are others. Find them. Ask ten million questions. Focus hard on the right surgeon. If your surgery was done in an inferior way and if you cannot reasonably use the device as it is intended, then private pay insurance and Medicare will pay for a revision, but there's significant documentation and authorizations ahead of you. But you've gotta do them.

I sure wish you the best of luck. I would be happy to talk to you offline if I can be of any help in any way.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:49 pm

I would like to know what he put in. Cylinder length. Rtes. Did you get a copy of your surgical records. Where there any complications. Any abnormalities.

I got 0 after care instruction from either my initial or revision docs. Just ice. On my initial one, I did not even know I would be 60 percent inflated for 4 weeks. So stupid me. Just never thought about it. I pretty much kept ice on constantly till it melted.

I have read many journals on here about not inflating from 4 to 6 weeks after surgery.

Issues. Tips. That is the big one. Where are they. Deflate button can be about anywhere. Pointing front. To side. To back.

Tubing. Yep. Noticeable. Bottom of dick. Feel them up and down to bulb. In my sac I can follow all the way to pump. Not uncommon.

Did you have a curve before. If you have a left curve. Right cylinder will be short until you straighten out. Did they add an rte to short side to compensate.

I had an initial left curve. Right cylinder was short till I cycled for about six months. Then dick got straighter and they got more even.

If you pump up. Is bulb still hard when you cannot pump anymore. If not. How much saline did they put in reservoir. I pump up hard, I still have hard bulb, some pump up hard and bulb is flat, meaning no more saline available.

What is your angle. 1 o clock or 4. Big difference. I got 20 cm total cylinders and pump up I am at 1 o clock position.

I do not want to discount anything you say, just a bit more info would help us to give our experiences, good or bad.

Definitely get your surgical records from doc and hospital. They say a lot.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

anonymous 5

Postby anonymous 5 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Bruce20 wrote: This is a long read; but I've had a bad penile implant experience recently, and I wanted to include sufficient details.

I am 65 yo, divorced/single, type 2 diabetes for 17 years, former smoker, developed ED (EDIT) 5-6 years ago (about 2014 or so, my memory plays tricks at times); pills worked for a while. Could get a full erection (7.5 inches long by 6.5 inches girth) as late as Dec ’19- Jan ’20; so, there should have been limited-to-no tissue scarring occur in my penis in the few months prior to my implant. Starting around Feb 2020, my erections became more difficult to achieve. I didn’t want injections (don’t like needles).

I contacted a urologist for info in Apr ’20; was told Medicare would pay for an implant, so I looked for a urologist willing to do it during Covid. Las Vegas Urology, a large practice with many Las Vegas-area locations and many practicing urologists, was the only website that returned my call. (I did contact/try to contact multiple 'sites' in the Western US. Covid restrictions/difficulties are neither responsible nor an excuse for any issues related to my operation and recovery, though!)

I was put in contact with Dr. Grigoriev (hereinafter small 'dr' because I have zero respect for him as an actual medical doctor), who said his next opening for surgery was 30 Jun; so I said okay, hoping to have my problem fixed while preserving my size by getting it done before any significant tissue damage could occur.

I know now that it was a terrible mistake to not talk with more urologists, even though I couldn’t actually contact anymore during that time. I researched the procedures (Youtube and other Urologist’s sites) as well as dr. Grigoriev, and it seemed alright. I did write up some questions and concerns and sent it to his office: but in the end, I decided to have him do it. (EDIT: He never really answered the questions anyway. He danced around it with comments like "You don't have to worry about that." What a fool I was to not demand (politely) specific answers!)

His office uses AMS implants. After some research, I talked to him 2-3 times via online video chat and told him I wanted the AMS LGX. (I told him about my recent size.) He agreed with me and said the LGX is what he would use anyway. On 29 Jun, the day before surgery, I met with him in person at his office. We talked again about the size of my penis and the AMS LGX specifically, and he again said the LGX is what he would implant in me. He NEVER mentioned any concerns about the LGX, or even discussed any other possibilities.

Surgery was in Mountain View Hospital in Vegas on 30 Jun, under general anesthesia; overnight in the hospital, discharged late afternoon the day after surgery. (Hospital has billed Medicare about $137,000!) EDIT: There were no complications.

When dr. Grigoriev made his morning rounds the day after surgery, I asked him about the implant. He said he didn‘t use the AMS LGX, supposedly because my penis was too long. Instead, he said he used the AMS CX due to the length constraints. I believe that’s hogwash, because the LGX has 18 and 21 cm lengths and can have a 1.5cm rear tip extender placed with it. Supposedly, he used an AMS CX with 21 cm and a 1.0 cm rear tip extender.

To me, there’s no reason he couldn’t have properly sized an AMS LGX for my implant! (I talked with him on a phone call on 27 Aug, and dr. Grigoriev told me that he used the CX rather than the AMS LGX because the ‘LGX was less stable for a longer penis’ (paraphrased). I was essentially in shock from what he told me about implanting the CX rather than the agreed-upon LGX!

EDIT: 11-23-20: I believe he purposely misled me because Nevada had closed 'elective surgeries' due to Covid since Mar '20, and he wanted to make some money. If he'd told me he wouldn't use the LGX that I wanted, I might have waited or gone elsewhere.

Next, on that same morning after surgery, he gave me suspect medical advice and then compounded that with no post-op care advice at all!

First, my testicles were VERY swollen and VERY bruised (dark black for the about 3-4 weeks to heal). [Edit: I remember that he looked shocked when he saw my testicles that morning.] I asked him about caring for my testicles during recovery, and he told me to put ice on my testicles for an HOUR at a time! I was shocked; that’s antithetical to any other medical advice about icing skin tissue that I’ve ever heard or read; and at 65 years old, I’ve used icing many, many times.

Second, he didn’t provide me with any discharge instructions specific to my operation and recovery aftercare– nothing! No written info, no website reference - nothing. (Such instructions are standard with other urologists, as evidenced by the info I was able to get easily from other urologist’s web sites. But, not on the LVU website; it was subpar, at best.)

dr. Grigoriev didn’t provide info on caring for my penis and testicles during a healing phase; nothing about cleaning my genitals, how soon before I could shower, how to shower/clean; no information about how to tape up my penis and how to support my testicles (or even that I should be providing support for my testicles at all). Along with no info/instructions on how to tape my penis up, I was discharged with no provision for bandages or anything to care for my genitalia. No post-operative information and no self-care materials like tape or gauze! The only thing he gave me were two prescriptions: one for 6 days of antibiotics, and one for 5 days of pain pills.

As for the operation itself, I think there were at least two mistakes that dr. Grigoriev made.

1. He misplaced both the tubes and the deflation block! He positioned the block with the deflation button on the backside of the block (relative to the front of the testicles under the penis), making it difficult to find/activate tactilely. I CAN’T feel the deflation button. Instead, I must guess where it is. I usually can’t ‘find’ it for many minutes, which is very frustrating. I just keep trying to press where I think the center of the back of the block is, hoping I press the deflation button. It’s also painful to keep pressing around through the testicles onto the back of the block. EDIT: After 4.5 months, I've come to terms with the block placement. I have no choice. It hasn't improved, though.

2. The next problem with Dr. Grigoriev’s operation on me is that the tubes are unevenly placed in the glans (head of penis). The right tube extends about one-half inch further into the glans than the left tube does on the left side of the glans. As a result, the glans are somewhat misshapen and ‘curve’ slightly to the left (which they didn’t do before the implant). Also, the left side of the glans is less supported than the right side, and it seems kind of ‘floppy’ to me. It is concerning to me; I’m worried that damage might occur to the glans. Plus, it looks abnormal to me, thus increasing my negative self-consciousness about it. EDIT 11-23-20: There's been no improvement with the glans.

Also, the glans of my penis have an irritated, burning sensation to them when I inflate the tubes, which absolutely kills any sexual desire. This irritating sensation lasts as long as my penis is inflated; so I don’t even want to inflate it, let alone have sexual contact. (Edit: This hasn’t improved at nearly 5 months after the operation.)

Next, per his specific instructions, I didn’t start cycling until he told me to do so 5 weeks after surgery, which is very late to start cycling from what I’ve read on many other sites related to penis implants. Waiting so long to start cycling is associated with worse outcomes in penis size due to the formation of scar tissue. From my research, any urologist who does implants should be very aware of this!

In the past month that I’ve been cycling the implant (about 60 times or so in total), the tubes have partially deflated on their own (without my pressing the deflation button or handling the testicles or penis at all) at least 5 times that I absolutely took note of. (I think it might have happened a few of more times early on, but I just didn’t realize it then.) Anyway, each time it happened, I wasn’t aware that it was occurring; I only saw later that it clearly was somewhat deflated from the length I had inflated it to at the outset; there was anywhere from about a one-half to one inch of deflation. For example, one time I inflated my implant; then I laid on my back to rest. About an hour later, I awoke and noted that it was significantly deflated, by about 1 inch. The deflation block had not been touched; I had not moved from lying on my back for that hour. It deflated on its’ own. EDIT: I think this may have resolved itself mostly; it's only happened minimally a couple of time in the past 2 months.

It also partially “inflates” after deflating it. I think that’s just due to the amount of ‘tubing’ in the penis and testicles; it seems to ‘stretch’ my penis. (I think there’s now ‘excess’ tubing due to the Dr. not having me start cycling the implant until 5 weeks after the operation, which I think allowed scar tissue to form. So now, my erect penis is about 1.25 to 1.5 inches less length than before the implant, but the Dr. put about 22cm of tube in me, which now seems too much for the length of my apparently scar-tissue shortened penis. Even when I inflate the implant as much as possible, there’s excess tubing apparent at the junction of the testicles and bottom of my penis.

The pump/bulb also causes a bulge in my lower right testicle, and with the pump ‘bulge’ and the obvious ‘excess’ tubing at the penis/scrotum junction, you can clearly tell that there’s an implant. It absolutely does not look normal, which makes me negatively self-conscious about it.

Frankly, I’m angry (and depressed). I think Dr. Grigoriev misled me about the LGX vs CX, and he’s given me bad info throughout; e.g., icing my testicles for an hour at a time, no aftercare instructions or materials, not cycling for 5 weeks. He misplaced the block making it difficult and painful to deflate, and he placed the tubes in my penis unevenly in my glans. Also, the erect tubes erratically deflate on their own, and the apparently excess tubing ‘extends/inflates’ my penis. When I pump up the implant, the glans have an irritated, burning sensation internally; so I don’t even want to get an erection, let alone have sex! The implant itself is very obvious, and it doesn’t look normal.

Dr. Grigoriev first told me over two weeks ago that he wanted to set up a consultation about these issues for me with another urologist at Las Vegas Urology. So, two weeks later and I’m still waiting on a call from one of his colleagues, although I don’t see any good coming from it. I don’t think they’ll spend a penny making any corrections. (I personally think it’s just CYA on his part.) From my perspective, travelling nearly 1,000 miles round-trip to Las Vegas and back would just waste my time and money; it would cause me unneeded back pain due to my scoliosis and stenosis, and it would increase the chances of being exposed to Covid-19.

My general advice to future implant recipients:

1. Do NOT have penoscrotal implant surgery. It’s very invasive; it takes nearly a month to heal; it’s a more difficult recovery (swollen, bruised testicles for weeks); and thus it takes longer to begin cycling the implant, which means likely worse outcomes in size.

2. Make sure the urologist uses an injection procedure to erect the penis before surgery to determine the proper implant size. It’s nonsense for a urologist to guess at this! (Dr. Grigoriev did not erect the penis before the surgical procedure.)

My specific advice to those considering penile implant surgery: Do NOT make the mistake I made to have Dr. Grigoriev do it! I absolutely regret it. Dr. Grigoriev’s area of expertise is female urology. Maybe he’s good at that; but based on my own experience with him, he should not be doing penile implants.

(My specific advice to Dr. Grigoriev and Las Vegas Urology: First, do no harm.)

Some questions someone might help me with: Has anyone else dealt with the kind of things I’ve experienced? (If so, do you have any lessons/helpful info you can provide?)

1. different implant model used than was agreed to by both the physician and patient (because the LGX is supposedly “unstable” for 7+ inch penis’s);

2. block turned around so the deflation button is within the testicles, thus hard to find;

3. tips of inflation tubes misplaced unevenly in the head (glans) of the penis;

4. irritated, burning sensation in the glans of the penis when the implant is inflated

5. deflation bulb and implant tubing very noticeable more than 2 months after the operation

6. waiting so long (5 weeks) to start cycling

7. Dr.’s advice to ice your swollen and bruised testicles for an hour at a time

8. No post-op aftercare instructions or materials provided

9. Loss of about 1.5 inches girth as well as 1.25 - 1.5 inches length after relatively recently (before the surgery) being able to get a full erection

10. Does anyone have some constructive advice on things like pumping, increasing size, second opinions, possible revision (cost, how to pay, size impact), etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and helping me if you can.
Last edited by anonymous 5 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Implants”