Out with the old in with the new.....

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SW0110

Re: Out with the old in with the new.....

Postby SW0110 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Yep. I have posted quite a bit about my titan and now the ams 700 lgx. Not to go back over old stuff but I loved my titan. I had the otr pump and it worked great for me every time. I had no issues with the cylinders. They were stiff but after 4 months or so softened up and i had a nice flaccid. It was flat though empty. Think smashed straw. Took care of my peyronies period. No more curve. No more hourglass. Cannot even find any plaque. So I am biased. Loved that sucker.

Right up till hernia surgery and ensuing complications. Due to issues with pain etc. I went with my local uro. He prefers the ams for his reasons. He assured me the lgx would keep peyronies at bay. I was still nervous. Dealing with ed then peyronies since my fall I was a wreck thinking it might crop back up.

Surgery was involved and everything was removed. He put new lgx in. All went smoothly. First thing. Cylinders are pretty comfortable right off. Revision was a snap. Very little pain and almost no swelling or bruising. Pump though is really noticeably larger. I have a post comparing pictures of titan and lgx pumps elsewhere. Lgx deflate button is definitely easy to find. Find middle of big square block. Yep that's it. Push it hard. It deflates with a gurgle. Pump up is different as well. You have press it hard once and feel a pop.then you can inflate. No pop no inflation. Sometimes I have to push it once then again quick to get it to pop.

Bottom line. I loved the titan. Pump was small and fit in my sac well with the boys. Cyclinders are definitely harder. They get softer and softer over time. It gave me a good erection and no more peyronies.

Bottom line. Love my lgx. Cylinders are comfortable and give me a nice hang. Nonpumped is the same with both. About 5.5 inches. Lgx pump is big. Does crowd the boys a bit. Easy to find deflate though even during first week after revision.

My pumped up erections look the same. Both give me a 1 o clock point up when fully pumped. Just pumped I have a solid 6.5 inch erection. Posted pictures in other posts. When horny and into sex I get fully engorged glans and bottom of shaft. This gives me another 1/4 inch. Both give me the same. I am straight with either. Pre ed I was just under 7. I am just over 6.75 now. Same with both when i am into sex or activity. Tips feel pretty much the same. There is supposed to be a difference between titan and lgx tips. If so i cannot tell it.

Short story. Damn to late. This thing breaks, i am straight back to my doc and he can put whichever one he feels most comfortable using as long as he can fix it, replace it, I could care less. I pump it up about half and oral feels great. She prefers it that way. Up about 3/4 for sex. Plenty hard for anything we do. All the way to keep my size and stretch all I can. I also still get a morning wood as well. Not enough for sex but it sticks out at 3 o clock till the morning relief. I could definitely masturbate with it though without pumping up at all.

I know some have said they had a different viewpoint. These are mine and my experiences alone, but having had both, I would have either one again and not give it a second thought. Neither is my natural erection but we are happy with this option. As our only option we are not disappointed either.

Good luck.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks for your feedback!! I think I am going back with the Titan, again. I have just had a run of bad luck. But to be honest I would go through surgery every year just to be able to have an erection. The mental stress when its broke is awful. Have not received any feedback on the circumcision. I think most all guys are already cut as kids here in the states. I was wanting feedback of guys that had did the cut as adults. I am not sure the doctor would do both procedures at the same time.
The doctor called this afternoon and I am set for surgery the 24th of Sept.
Thanks again for your insight !
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:40 am

Ronn1708, I didn't see your question about circumcisions. I searched until I found a surgeon that would remove my minor phimosis the way that I wanted it done. I insisted on only removing the 1/2" to 3/4" of affected tissue. For the most part, it looks like I'm uncut. At flacid my foreskin just covers the head of my penis.
At my initial exam with Dr. Brant I explained what I had done. He said that is the best way to do it. Compared to a guy that I worked with that claimed after 2 years he was still "healing" from his circumcision. Or a guy that works with my daughter that says that he wishes he had never done it. I think mine is successful.
Don't accept a doctor that says he'll take it all. Unless that is what you want. Please think it over carefully.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:06 am

SW0110 wrote:Yep. I have posted quite a bit about my titan and now the ams 700 lgx. Not to go back over old stuff but I loved my titan. I had the otr pump and it worked great for me every time. I had no issues with the cylinders. They were stiff but after 4 months or so softened up and i had a nice flaccid. It was flat though empty. Think smashed straw. Took care of my peyronies period. No more curve. No more hourglass. Cannot even find any plaque. So I am biased. Loved that sucker.

Right up till hernia surgery and ensuing complications. Due to issues with pain etc. I went with my local uro. He prefers the ams for his reasons. He assured me the lgx would keep peyronies at bay. I was still nervous. Dealing with ed then peyronies since my fall I was a wreck thinking it might crop back up.

Surgery was involved and everything was removed. He put new lgx in. All went smoothly. First thing. Cylinders are pretty comfortable right off. Revision was a snap. Very little pain and almost no swelling or bruising. Pump though is really noticeably larger. I have a post comparing pictures of titan and lgx pumps elsewhere. Lgx deflate button is definitely easy to find. Find middle of big square block. Yep that's it. Push it hard. It deflates with a gurgle. Pump up is different as well. You have press it hard once and feel a pop.then you can inflate. No pop no inflation. Sometimes I have to push it once then again quick to get it to pop.

Bottom line. I loved the titan. Pump was small and fit in my sac well with the boys. Cyclinders are definitely harder. They get softer and softer over time. It gave me a good erection and no more peyronies.

Bottom line. Love my lgx. Cylinders are comfortable and give me a nice hang. Nonpumped is the same with both. About 5.5 inches. Lgx pump is big. Does crowd the boys a bit. Easy to find deflate though even during first week after revision.

My pumped up erections look the same. Both give me a 1 o clock point up when fully pumped. Just pumped I have a solid 6.5 inch erection. Posted pictures in other posts. When horny and into sex I get fully engorged glans and bottom of shaft. This gives me another 1/4 inch. Both give me the same. I am straight with either. Pre ed I was just under 7. I am just over 6.75 now. Same with both when i am into sex or activity. Tips feel pretty much the same. There is supposed to be a difference between titan and lgx tips. If so i cannot tell it.

Short story. Damn to late. This thing breaks, i am straight back to my doc and he can put whichever one he feels most comfortable using as long as he can fix it, replace it, I could care less. I pump it up about half and oral feels great. She prefers it that way. Up about 3/4 for sex. Plenty hard for anything we do. All the way to keep my size and stretch all I can. I also still get a morning wood as well. Not enough for sex but it sticks out at 3 o clock till the morning relief. I could definitely masturbate with it though without pumping up at all.

I know some have said they had a different viewpoint. These are mine and my experiences alone, but having had both, I would have either one again and not give it a second thought. Neither is my natural erection but we are happy with this option. As our only option we are not disappointed either.

Good luck.

Thanks for this, really interesting overview, and keeps confirming the things I've heard about the titan...not that there's much I could do if I changed my mind, I just got mine a week ago and I'm not eager to go through all that again! :lol:
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:04 pm

Ronn,
I'm on my first implant an LGX. One study I saw showed that the average LGX life was 29 months compared to the Titan 48 months. I think the most important thing is to have a great surgery. In my case the LGX is better because it let's me control my girth. Bad back so 5 inches vs 6 inches works best for me. Not sure Titan would be smaller when partially inflated?
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:45 pm

DougAnd wrote:Ronn,
I'm on my first implant an LGX. One study I saw showed that the average LGX life was 29 months compared to the Titan 48 months. I think the most important thing is to have a great surgery. In my case the LGX is better because it let's me control my girth. Bad back so 5 inches vs 6 inches works best for me. Not sure Titan would be smaller when partially inflated?

Whoa, can you reference that study? I'd love to take a look. 4 years for the titan still sounds really short! :shock:
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:41 pm

hopeful_future wrote:
DougAnd wrote:Ronn,

Whoa, can you reference that study? I'd love to take a look. 4 years for the titan still sounds really short! :shock:

Not sure that this is the same study. The one that I'm thinking about was the average at failure. If you passed that average failure date you were normally good for a long time.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:34 pm

Ok guys. My implant replacement is set for sept 24. Doctor said infection was a concern since this is my second complete removal and replacement. That made me a little nervous but I’m moving on. I’m going back with the Titan again. Maybe third one will be the charm. My luck has got to change sometime, maybe now.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Out with the old in with the new..... MAYBE NOT SO FAST>>>>>>>>>>

Well looks like I have hit a roadblock with the hospital and insurance. :cry:
I have been on the telephone all Monday afternoon and all day today. I have spoke to the insurance 6 times today, The doctors office 4 times, Coloplast 3 times and the hospital twice. It has been crazy....the mental part of this is worse than the physical part...this rollercoaster ride is sickening. The insurance said five times everything was covered even the doctors office talked to three insurance reps but then they say the doctors needs to send a letter even though pre-authorization is not required. The hospital says the surgery is covered but the device is not. Coloplast says the device is under warranty but has to be sent for inspection (must be removed for inspection) before they will cover it. Hospital wants me to sign form that I will be responsible for the cost of the device but will not give me a price amount. Insurance says its covered but now I need to send letter. That usually takes 72 hours and surgery is set for Thursday morning ...So short of a miracle I am sunk :? :? :?
One call to insurance was 98 minutes. Got cut off and had to call back but cant talk to the same person...
I have spoken with many super nice people trying to help but can't get them all on the same playing field....One is in the dugout, one in the bathroom, one in the press box, one is at the ticket booth and I am crap out of luck. :roll: :oops: :( :(

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:Out with the old in with the new..... MAYBE NOT SO FAST>>>>>>>>>>

Well looks like I have hit a roadblock with the hospital and insurance. :cry:
I have been on the telephone all Monday afternoon and all day today. I have spoke to the insurance 6 times today, The doctors office 4 times, Coloplast 3 times and the hospital twice. It has been crazy....the mental part of this is worse than the physical part...this rollercoaster ride is sickening. The insurance said five times everything was covered even the doctors office talked to three insurance reps but then they say the doctors needs to send a letter even though pre-authorization is not required. The hospital says the surgery is covered but the device is not. Coloplast says the device is under warranty but has to be sent for inspection (must be removed for inspection) before they will cover it. Hospital wants me to sign form that I will be responsible for the cost of the device but will not give me a price amount. Insurance says its covered but now I need to send letter. That usually takes 72 hours and surgery is set for Thursday morning ...So short of a miracle I am sunk :? :? :?
One call to insurance was 98 minutes. Got cut off and had to call back but cant talk to the same person...
I have spoken with many super nice people trying to help but can't get them all on the same playing field....One is in the dugout, one in the bathroom, one in the press box, one is at the ticket booth and I am crap out of luck. :roll: :oops: :( :(

You need an advocate. An ombudsman. Does your insurance company have such a person? In that way you would have one point of contact, one who has the other people involved on speed dial.

To get one, you will have to be the "squeaky wheel" and get hold of a manager most likely.

Good luck.

Note also that every state in the USA has an Insurance Commissioner office to ensure insurance company abuse of insured people does not take place. That office might have advice for you even if you do not use them to "lean" on your insurer.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”