Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JiminFL
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby JiminFL » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:20 am

I will seek additional details from the surgeon in 10 days when I have my next appointment, not sure on RTEs. My last comment to the Dr during pre-op was "stretch that thing out as far as you can!" getting laughs from him & the OR nurse. Pre-implant I was right at 8" down from 8.5" in my youth. A daily VED regime for the past year maintained length & actually added girth. The pumping and trimix gave me a much rounder cock than what I had prior. I know it's too early to tell just what I will end up with. I still have significant swelling on the pubic fat pad. Definitely lost some length unless it really grows during cycling. That's ok though, I will gladly trade some size for function! Going to head into my office this morning for a short time, wish me well.
56yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 2yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

hopeful_future
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:00 am

Gt1956 wrote:Valid observation. Just an opinion, sure puts a spin on looking at others results. I kind of don't like comparing results of one member to another because on this. We currently have a member that is battling implant brands & sizing for his revision. I just see way too many variables to make consistent predictions. Yes, by most of our logics it should be easy to predict. But from what I've seen. It sure doesn't seem to work that way.
Cancer survivors & men with peyonies seem to mix up the results also.
Oh, another variable is how far the surgeon is able to get the tips into the glans.


Yeah, I know a lot of folks have anxiety around this stuff. Nobody should use the numbers associated with their penis size or implant size to determine self-worth...But I understand it's easier said than done.

And I've seen several threads like the one you mention, and my thoughts are always pretty much "Go with what your surgeon suggests will work best for you." If my 6" dick and Jim's 8" dick can have pretty much the same implant, it's got to just be a very personal thing.
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

hopeful_future
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:06 am

JiminFL wrote:I will seek additional details from the surgeon in 10 days when I have my next appointment, not sure on RTEs. My last comment to the Dr during pre-op was "stretch that thing out as far as you can!" getting laughs from him & the OR nurse. Pre-implant I was right at 8" down from 8.5" in my youth. A daily VED regime for the past year maintained length & actually added girth. The pumping and trimix gave me a much rounder cock than what I had prior. I know it's too early to tell just what I will end up with. I still have significant swelling on the pubic fat pad. Definitely lost some length unless it really grows during cycling. That's ok though, I will gladly trade some size for function! Going to head into my office this morning for a short time, wish me well.


You are a brave man! I couldn't manage anything work-related at this point, the discomfort is too distracting. I've got that same swelling above, and my scrotum is a bit swollen too, so even if I wanted to measure, I wouldn't be able to do so accurately. But I honestly don't care if I've lost a bit. Having a dick that gets and stays hard was my entire goal here...And mission accomplished there. At 70% pumped, I'm harder than I've been pretty much my entire life!

Best of luck heading into the office! Make sure you rest too!
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

JiminFL
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby JiminFL » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:14 pm

hopeful_future wrote:
JiminFL wrote:I will seek additional details from the surgeon in 10 days when I have my next appointment, not sure on RTEs. My last comment to the Dr during pre-op was "stretch that thing out as far as you can!" getting laughs from him & the OR nurse. Pre-implant I was right at 8" down from 8.5" in my youth. A daily VED regime for the past year maintained length & actually added girth. The pumping and trimix gave me a much rounder cock than what I had prior. I know it's too early to tell just what I will end up with. I still have significant swelling on the pubic fat pad. Definitely lost some length unless it really grows during cycling. That's ok though, I will gladly trade some size for function! Going to head into my office this morning for a short time, wish me well.


You are a brave man! I couldn't manage anything work-related at this point, the discomfort is too distracting. I've got that same swelling above, and my scrotum is a bit swollen too, so even if I wanted to measure, I wouldn't be able to do so accurately. But I honestly don't care if I've lost a bit. Having a dick that gets and stays hard was my entire goal here...And mission accomplished there. At 70% pumped, I'm harder than I've been pretty much my entire life!

Best of luck heading into the office! Make sure you rest too!


Going to the office for a couple of hours was a mistake. Swelling & pain are driving that point home. I now plan to spend the weekend in bed with my ice pack. My wife is a nurse who worked today and I know she will give me hell when she gets home.
56yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 2yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

hopeful_future
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:46 pm

JiminFL wrote:Going to the office for a couple of hours was a mistake. Swelling & pain are driving that point home. I now plan to spend the weekend in bed with my ice pack. My wife is a nurse who worked today and I know she will give me hell when she gets home.


Partners yelling at us for doing stuff we shouldn't is one of the reasons married people tend to live longer. :D

Best wishes, hope the weekend brings plenty of improvement!
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

Old Guy
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:31 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby Old Guy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:53 pm

JiminFL wrote:Going to the office for a couple of hours was a mistake. Swelling & pain are driving that point home. I now plan to spend the weekend in bed with my ice pack. My wife is a nurse who worked today and I know she will give me hell when she gets home.


Oh boy, hope you feel better after some rest & ice packs. And after getting hell from the wife!
Typical man thing, my brain says I can, I do it, then my body tells me I shouldn't have.
68 years old when Coloplast Titan OTR implanted 11-08-2019. Viagra, Trimix, QuadMix all failed after a while. Married to my beautiful 17 year younger wife for 32+ years. As much as it was a tough recovery for me I'm glad I had it done.

Gt1956
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:47 pm

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:45 pm

hopeful_future wrote:
JiminFL wrote:Going to the office for a couple of hours was a mistake. Swelling & pain are driving that point home. I now plan to spend the weekend in bed with my ice pack. My wife is a nurse who worked today and I know she will give me hell when she gets home.

Partners yelling at us for doing stuff we shouldn't is one of the reasons married people tend to live longer. :D
Best wishes, hope the weekend brings plenty of improvement!

Strange, I heard that longevity thing explained slightly different. Seems that you don't live longer, it just seems longer.
63 HBP at 40 high triglycerides at 45 Type 2 at 60

User avatar
Happy Toy
Posts: 775
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 9:30 am

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby Happy Toy » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:35 am

JiminFL wrote:Morning day 3. Swelling is down. Only area of serious pain & discomfort is left groin / upper scrotum where the pump is. Gonna stay down as much as possible today. I'm in pretty good physical condition & thought I could just breeze right thru this, lol. Ice is my friend. No painkillers thus far. Keeping my eyes on the prize. The realization that my ED will soon be a thing of the past is monumental & saying it's a dream come true is not an understatement.


Great looking package you have there, you will have lots of fun with that for sure!
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 76yrs., married 53 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

JiminFL
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby JiminFL » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:25 pm

Happy Toy wrote:
JiminFL wrote:Morning day 3. Swelling is down. Only area of serious pain & discomfort is left groin / upper scrotum where the pump is. Gonna stay down as much as possible today. I'm in pretty good physical condition & thought I could just breeze right thru this, lol. Ice is my friend. No painkillers thus far. Keeping my eyes on the prize. The realization that my ED will soon be a thing of the past is monumental & saying it's a dream come true is not an understatement.


Great looking package you have there, you will have lots of fun with that for sure!



Keeping my eyes on the prize! I've hardly left the bed since my misadventure yesterday. Alternating between ice & heat. Skin is a little tender from the ice. Pump is very painful, feels like an undefended testicle. Low-grade fever last night. No other apparent signs of infection.
56yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 2yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

JiminFL
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Re: Implant on 8/25, a little nervous!

Postby JiminFL » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:38 pm

I was somewhat mentally prepared for a longer convalescence after watching my healthy & in shape wife go thru a hysterectomy earlier this year. It was literally months before she felt "normal" again. Curious if anyone has input on when to resume Plavex blood thinner? The dr told me I could start 48hrs after surgery & I took 1 yesterday but I'm pretty paranoid about bleeding & hematoma considering all the bruising I have already.
Attachments
20200829_142635~2.jpg
20200829_142635~2.jpg (1021.49 KiB) Viewed 204 times
56yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 2yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LeRoastBeef, TANGERINE and 28 guests