Recent Implant with Dr. Eid, travel/Covid Q's

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stewy78

Re: Recent Implant with Dr. Eid, travel/Covid Q's

Postby Stewy78 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:31 am

Catheter removed without any problem this morning. No pain just a bit of burning sensation. I also removed the bandages and the penis looks very good! I have some swelling in the scrotum but I think it's normal. Still pain in the groin area, that's the most painful part, i think it's for reservoir. for
now i wear my underwear and athletic support on top of that as suggested by dr.Eid.

From tomorrow i should begin the hot baths and i hope it relief the swelling in the scrotum and the groin pain.
I attach some photos
Attachments
IMG_20201121_072742630 (1).jpg
IMG_20201121_072742630 (1).jpg (117.85 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
IMG_20201121_072749740 (1).jpg
IMG_20201121_072749740 (1).jpg (98.91 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
IMG_20201121_072731101 (1).jpg
IMG_20201121_072731101 (1).jpg (101.04 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:09 am

Today I started my first hot bath and it went not so good. I passed out for some minutes when I stand up after an half hour. Fortunately my relative assisted me but it was really scary, she called 911 but fortunately after some minutes I woke up. It happened because in my hotel room bathroom there are no fans and no windows and the temperature was way too hot.
I don't know how to do to make the baths now (Dr.Eid told me to do 2/3 baths a day for 30 minutes each), I'm scared it can happens again..

About the pain, I still have pain in the groin area. I think it may be because I'm lean and muscular so the Dr. probably had to do more damage to the muscle to put in the reservoir. I also have pain in the testicle area where the pump is located. Anyway pump location is very good, it's really behind the testicle and not visible. I managed to touch the pump bulb during the bath, but I was unable to feel the deflate button. Anyway the area is still to painful to try to do some activation.
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Steve87 wrote:I don't know how to do to make the baths now (Dr.Eid told me to do 2/3 baths a day for 30 minutes each), I'm scared it can happens again..
I found it easier to take hot showers instead of the baths. The shower water can be hotter and directed right at your groin, give that a try. Also start practicing with the plastic pump that Dr Eid gave you so you know what the deflate button feels like.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:23 pm

warrenw wrote:
Steve87 wrote:I don't know how to do to make the baths now (Dr.Eid told me to do 2/3 baths a day for 30 minutes each), I'm scared it can happens again..
I found it easier to take hot showers instead of the baths. The shower water can be hotter and directed right at your groin, give that a try. Also start practicing with the plastic pump that Dr Eid gave you so you know what the deflate button feels like.

Thanks for your reply warren.
Reading Dr Eid instructions that he provided me is written that showers does not substitute the baths and if I don't have a bath tub I can use a heating pad. I'll sure do some showers to have relief and to wash myself, and I will also use heating pad.
The pump is on the right behind the testicle but I have some edema around the pump and I started to feel some pain wearing the athletic support provided by the doctor. I removed it and I'm using my underwear that also provides support but it's less tight and tissue is more comfortable. I think I will have to wait for the edema to go down before being able to activate since I have also some pain especially around the deflate button that is difficult to feel even trying to use the plastic pump provided by the doctor. It should be the edema that causes issues feeling the button. Anyway I can move the pump a little bit and it's not fixed fortunately

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Yes, I forgot that I did use a heating pad as well as the showers. Dr Eid said that was an acceptable alternative to baths. I could never keep the bath water hot enough to do much good, but showers can be almost scalding. I slept with the heating pad between my legs for the first few weeks IIRC.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:06 pm

warrenw wrote:Yes, I forgot that I did use a heating pad as well as the showers. Dr Eid said that was an acceptable alternative to baths. I could never keep the bath water hot enough to do much good, but showers can be almost scalding. I slept with the heating pad between my legs for the first few weeks IIRC.

Thanks for your suggestion warren!

I visited Dr.Eid office today, he told me that swelling is not not that bad, i have some hematoma around the pump, but he said that the situation is pretty good! He managed to pump me about 5 times and deflate, it hurts but not as bad as i thought. He told me to wait some days before starting cycling.
Doctor told me that I will be fine and it probably takes about 3 weeks for the pain to go away, anyway it should improve day after day.
He told me that he tried to put a 24cm implant without RTE, but he noticed that it was not long enough so he added a 1cm of RTE. He also managed to remove all the old implant components including the old reservoir, so the surgery took more time, about two hours.
He showed me a video of my previous ams implant inflated before the surgery and my new one after the surgery. It's now much much better! More rounded penis, glans very well supported and really nice girth! Also flaccid appearance is not that bad in comparison with my old ams, it just has some folds but since cylinders are brand news i think they will be even better after some months of cycling. Pump is way back in the scrotum, doctor told me "your girlfriends will not notice it".
I will have another visit with the doctor on Wednesday and then i will wait my flight back to Italy on Monday.
So i just have to have little more patience but everything seems to be good! I also managed to walk about 700 meters to come back from doc office to my hotel with little pain. Anyway the sitting position is still painful, i hope it will improve in the next days before coming back to Italy since my flight will take about 8 hours. I will probably book the larger chairs on the plane with a little extra to have more comfort.

pilot74

Postby pilot74 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Hey Steve87,

Congratulations on your procedure. Hopefully no more revisions any time soon for you!!

I am booked with Dr. Eid first week of December. I am flying into NY from Canada and right now I am curious -- how did you pay for your implant -- more specifically, it seems like there's separate bill from Coloplast which you must pay directly to Coloplast via 'certified bank check'. How did you get the 'certified bank check' made?

Also, any issues getting the covid test done in time before procedure?

Cheers!!
46 yr o, always had PE until late 30s (it somehow resolved by itself). ED started late 20s (unknown origin). Pills stopped working mid-30s. Due for implant in Dec 2020 with Dr. Eid

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm

pilot74 wrote:Hey Steve87,

Congratulations on your procedure. Hopefully no more revisions any time soon for you!!

I am booked with Dr. Eid first week of December. I am flying into NY from Canada and right now I am curious -- how did you pay for your implant -- more specifically, it seems like there's separate bill from Coloplast which you must pay directly to Coloplast via 'certified bank check'. How did you get the 'certified bank check' made?

Also, any issues getting the covid test done in time before procedure?

Cheers!!

Hi Pilot! I paid Dr.Eid fee + coloplast implant together with a wire transfer to doctor's bank account. Just ask and you should be allowed to do that. I used an online service called azimo to send the transfer, it worked very good, no commission and good euro-dollar change rate.
Covid test is not an issue, in NYC there are a lot of covid test sites that does that for free and in little time if you are scheduled for a medical procedure

pilot74

Postby pilot74 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:00 pm

Steve,

Appreciate the reply. Checking out azimo.

Cheers!!
46 yr o, always had PE until late 30s (it somehow resolved by itself). ED started late 20s (unknown origin). Pills stopped working mid-30s. Due for implant in Dec 2020 with Dr. Eid

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:03 pm

pilot74 wrote:Steve,

Appreciate the reply. Checking out azimo.

Cheers!!

You're welcome Pilot, good luck for your surgery !

Return to “Implants”