My Negative experience with Dr. Kramer's office

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AST2123

Re: My Negative experience with Dr. Kramer's office

Postby AST2123 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:22 am

Hrc714 wrote:My issues were not with Dr K or his staff, but with his formet affiliate University of Maryland Medical Center. In my case, the good Dr K always responded in minutes. His staff was within a few days, and the UMD staff almost never. I was told by his staff that they knew my insurance and I was covered so nothing to worry about. Had the surgery and was denied. Only support I got from the UMD team after that was a request for payment. Dr K did assist by advising who to contact at UMD but they would not respond. I eventually had to shell out full payment while I worked out insurance issues. They eventually paid and then the fun started with trying to get my payment refunded. Eventually they did process a refund. I can see why Dr K moved his affiliation away from UMD.

On a related note, as part of this I was billed by UMD for a proceedure that they cancelled do to OR availability. That could not be covered. They kept billing and began collection action. When I finally got to someone at UMD, they advised the only thing they could do was for me to pay, then they would refund. They advised they would process the refund first and trust me to pay. So I paid and never got that refund and never heard from them again.

OMG!! I know such things could happen, and no one would believe they won't refund, otherwise, you would ask them to state this in writing. Sometime we pay a high price to learn. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:44 pm

Wait for Kramer opening and always watch the ins. company is doing. He doesn't control that and place blame where it belongs.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Heck most of the time. The insurance company tells the hospital what they will get. My hospital bill was over 1700000. Insurance disallowed all but about 500. That is what hospital got. I have no idea how a hospital stays in business.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:53 pm

SW0110 wrote:Heck most of the time. The insurance company tells the hospital what they will get. My hospital bill was over 1700000. Insurance disallowed all but about 500. That is what hospital got. I have no idea how a hospital stays in business.

Simple, all numbers shown to patients are phony. They do business based upon agreed to formulas & non published discounts. Those are treated as business secrets & I don't recall any of them ever being disclosed. Even in court.
Btw, drop a zero out of your number. 1.7 million is wrong.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”