Hopeful Implant Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AussieFarmer65

Re: Hopeful Implant Journal

Postby AussieFarmer65 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:47 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
AussieFarmer65 wrote:Thanks for this really positive post. I'm scheduled for my implant in early October and occasionally feel some pangs of anxiety and excitement. I guess this is normal? I have to travel some distance (220 KM) and I guess some of my anxiety is related to my return trip even though I'll overnight in hospital and then I've decided to stay in a motel for another 2 or 3 nights. I've also got my farm work covered for 4 weeks. I'm looking forward to my life post implant.

Sounds like a good plan. Some comments: Even after a couple days staying horizontal, a 3 hour drive may be taxing, especially if the roads are rough. It was a week before my torso muscles allowed me even to rise from bed without a great deal of advance planning. No visible bruising on the surface, but I was sore inside where the reservoir was placed. My usual recommendation if travelling within a week is to get a driver and a vehicle large enough for you to lay down in. Motorhome or van.

Thanks Lost Sheep,

Ummm ... I may have to see how it goes and if necessary stay longer or break the journey up, and or see if I can get a driver.
Glad to be alive at 65 and living in OZ. RP 2015 and consequential severe ED. Tried meds (side effects!), injections 2 years (now effectiveness and injection problems) , VED (disastrous). Implanted with Titan One Touch on 12th October 2020.

AussieFarmer65

Postby AussieFarmer65 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:49 am

Gt1956 wrote:Aussiefarmer65, in the past have you had any surgeries or maybe injuries? How your body dealt with them might give you an idea how this one will go.
I don't mean to imply that my experience is the same. After my out patient surgery for phimosis (basically I opted for a partial circumcision) I drove to Las Vegas (700km) in order to stay in our vacation home. Trauma was only to my forskin so not as bad as an implant. Not a very bad experience. Good luck to you.

Thanks GT. I guess I'll have to see how I respond. Generally, I'm not too bad but never had a job like this!
Glad to be alive at 65 and living in OZ. RP 2015 and consequential severe ED. Tried meds (side effects!), injections 2 years (now effectiveness and injection problems) , VED (disastrous). Implanted with Titan One Touch on 12th October 2020.

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:49 pm

Now a week out from surgery, and not a ton more to report.

I've stopped taking the hydrocodone, and still made it through the night alright, pain is generally pretty mild. The exception to this is that sometimes the pump and my left testicle have a little scuffle and I just have that mild "kicked in the balls" ache for a while. Really hoping that will continue to get better over time.

I've been able to locate the deflate button easily, and have practiced stabilizing the device for pumping, but I haven't done either yet. Doc appointment is tomorrow morning for my deflate, and I'm trying to play by the books. Hot baths are both nice and somewhat challenging. The relaxation of the scrotum leaves my balls dangling low, and the pump stays basically in the same place, so that left nut sorta slides past and then pulls back up when I start to cool off. Irritates things. But overall things are going great!

Back to work in a couple of days, which will be fun! At least I won't have a constant boner by that time!
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:07 pm

awesome story

I am hoping to get Dr Karpman to do mine. Going to see what insurance I can get in Jan and hope its covered, otherwise I may have to take out a loan
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:30 pm

ViaSwiss wrote:awesome story

I am hoping to get Dr Karpman to do mine. Going to see what insurance I can get in Jan and hope its covered, otherwise I may have to take out a loan

Let me suggest some research. If you have a general idea of the plans that will be available to you come January. Call Karpmans office & ask for the billing/insurance department. Explain your problems. Give them the list of plans that you think you can chose from. See if they might know if IPP's are covered this year. Once a procedure is covered by a plan. It usually stays covered
Then in Jan you can quickly verify that it is still covered & then enroll in the plan.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:11 am

Gt1956 wrote:
ViaSwiss wrote:awesome story

Let me suggest some research. If you have a general idea of the plans that will be available to you come January. Call Karpmans office & ask for the billing/insurance department. Explain your problems. Give them the list of plans that you think you can chose from. See if they might know if IPP's are covered this year. Once a procedure is covered by a plan. It usually stays covered
Then in Jan you can quickly verify that it is still covered & then enroll in the plan.

Good call, just sent her an email.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:46 pm

Wow, okay, eventful day.

I guess to start off, it was my followup appointment today. I arrived extremely awkwardly at the office, wearing a beachwear skirt, the only thing my erection would fit in. I carried a hoodie in front of me to hide the VERY obvious erection. There was zero chance I'd get the damn thing into any pair of pants.

Anyway, they took my vitals, and the nurse came in to check on me and show what a pump looked like. I have been massaging and pulling gently at the pump since day 2 so I'm completely familiar with the shape, where the button is, etc, etc. I demonstrated hitting the button for the first time, and thought maybe it didn't work but she said "Yeah, there it goes" and squeezed the hell out of my dick. It was uncomfortable, but it didn't hurt. She told me once I've held the button for 3 seconds, I can release it and continue to squeeze.

My first reaction was very mixed at my flaccid state. It still sticks straight out, but it's super flat. Has a kind of "squeaky" feel when the tubes move. I can't bend it down enough to go in pants (yet), but I can bend it up, which works fine for me for now. Dr. Karpman came in to talk me through things, and we went through a quick inflate and deflate, he confirmed everything seems to be looking good. My protocol is to cycle twice daily at least for 30 minutes...pump it up until I hit serious discomfort or can't move the pump any more. Baths are optional, but may be good for the first few weeks. He also told me not to bother counting the pumps, he says it's a pretty useless number to keep track of that just gives people something to be anxious about (am I pumping enough? oh god, I only got 15 pumps instead of 20, what's wrong? etc).

The flaccid is weird and uncomfortable right now. It's actually a bit less comfortable than when I was stuck erect, but I know I'll get used to this sensation like I did the other one. The only odd thing is that it seems like it slightly re-inflated itself on my way home. Not fully, I could still bend it up and wear underwear (I have missed it, strangely). But it wasn't as flat, and I was able to push the button and deflate flat again. I'll keep monitoring it...might just be that the reservoir had some buildup around it since I was hard the whole week. I will keep an eye on it. Either way, when I got home and finished lunch, I pumped myself to what I thought was max...Then gave it a few more pumps for good measure. Pump got really hard to push, and my dick felt a bit stretched, so I stopped there.

Sat in a hot bath for a half hour, then deflated after. Once again got really flat, then seemed to reinflate itself a little bit. This time, I pushed the button and really worked further up the shaft, trying to make sure every bit of fluid was out. I did feel a little stretching around the reservoir, so I'll take that as a good sign, and will continue to work on my cycling.

Overall, I'm disappointed at the flaccid state, but that's not what I got the implant for. I'll miss my old super-malleable flexible soft penis...But I won't miss failing to penetrate, that's for sure! I also know it will get "somewhat better" over time.

Here's a quick video I took of deflating: Deflating Week 1 (EDIT: Changed the link, my previous encode had a weird starting frame issue)

Any suggestions from titan veterans?
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:49 pm

hopeful_future wrote:Sat in a hot bath for a half hour, then deflated after. Once again got really flat, then seemed to reinflate itself a little bit. This time, I pushed the button and really worked further up the shaft, trying to make sure every bit of fluid was out. I did feel a little stretching around the reservoir, so I'll take that as a good sign, and will continue to work on my cycling.

Yes, DO work on getting the implant tubes completely empty. That will do the most towards getting the scar tissue around the reservoir to allow full deflation.

Auto-inflation (reinflation/self-inflation) is an issue. The valve is SUPPOSED to lock out autoinflation, but does not always do that job. Maybe operator error or maybe a bit of roughness in the valve seat. Time tends to fix those. Valve defects tend to get worse over time. Very few men are bothered so much the replacing the valve body is an option they choose, even though swapping the valve is a LOT easier than the original operation.

hopeful_future wrote:Overall, I'm disappointed at the flaccid state, but that's not what I got the implant for. I'll miss my old super-malleable flexible soft penis...But I won't miss failing to penetrate, that's for sure! I also know it will get "somewhat better" over time.

The flaccid state does take some getting used to. Even my AMS LGX gave me a bit larger and stiffer flaccid than before the implant. Even before E.D. Coloplast devices are reknowned for the stiffness of even their flaccid state. But they do get more flexible over time (months). I continue to be able to feel the "deflated balloon" texture of my implant tubes. You will continue to feel the "deflated hose" texture of your implant. Both of us for the rest of our lives, probably. A small trade-off in the larger scheme of things.

hopeful_future wrote:I can't bend it down enough to go in pants (yet), but I can bend it up, which works fine for me for now. Dr. Karpman came in to talk me through things, and we went through a quick inflate and deflate, he confirmed everything seems to be looking good. My protocol is to cycle twice daily at least for 30 minutes...pump it up until I hit serious discomfort or can't move the pump any more. Baths are optional, but may be good for the first few weeks. He also told me not to bother counting the pumps, he says it's a pretty useless number to keep track of that just gives people something to be anxious about (am I pumping enough? oh god, I only got 15 pumps instead of 20, what's wrong? etc).

One recommended protocol for inflating and stretching the implant and your penis is to do as you are doing, (pump up to discomfort, wait and relax and pump up some more), but adding a hot bath to that mix. This makes that protocol even more effective. The hot water will not only relax your tissues, but the implant material as well. So many men pump up and stretch in the bath, then pump up some more and repeat, all in a hot bath. Or with a heating pad.

As far as bending the penis down, I will never bend mine down unless some activity demands it. I want the base nestled in my crus to give me the most vertical erection I can get (as it was in my youth) and believe that "training" the "foundation" UP will help. Surely it cannot hurt.

There have been some threads discussing (with some members quite puzzled and other quite vehement) the number of pumps to get full inflation. As low as 4 to as high as 60. But, as your doctor suggests, a pointless argument and rightly only of interest to the curious (like me) who will crank up volumetric calculations for hours on end. Just for the entertainment value, really.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:56 pm

Thank you yet again, Lost Sheep! Good advice and information all around!

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:21 am

Been discussing some pain after my early deflations, probably due to the reservoir bothering my bladder and other surrounding tissue...That's in another thread. Besides that, things have been pretty good cycling. I will usually inflate out of the bath using quarter-pumps, fill until "full", wait a few minutes, then pump some more...When it feels like a bit of a stretch, and the bulb doesn't want to move, that's when I start the hot bath. Soak for 30 minutes, deflate while still in the tub, get out, and deflate again (at the moment, I'm auto-inflating a little bit, probably due to tightness around the reservoir).

Overall, most pain is reservoir right now. Besides that, I can actually feel morning wood and general blood flow around my penis through the day. It's actually quite nice to know that things are still alive down there.

Anyway, got my surgery notes, and wanted to share the summary:

Method: Infrapubic
Device: Coloplast Titan Touch 22cm with 1cm RTE, 125cc reservoir
Artificial Erection: Induced, showing a straight erection, no angle
Measurement: Corpora were dilated and measured...distal measurement 14cm, proximal 9cm (!!)
Finishing: Drain placed, dermabond closure, foley placed.

It was extremely by-the-book, far as I can tell! Kind of neat how much of this thing is inside me! I'm sure people must think I've got a huge dick when I say I got a 23cm implant, but I'm just above 6" usable, really. :)

Thanks again to everyone for joining along for this journey! More to come later. I'd like to share experiences around how the pump affects my sexual performance and how the recovery progresses over the months. I'm also considering doing a small amount of foreskin restoration stretching...Not to actually try to restore my foreskin (would be impossible, I was cut super tight), but to get the scrotum to stop creeping up the shaft when I'm pumped up. I'll try to document that too, if I go ahead with it.

Return to “Implants”