Hopeful Implant Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Joe Behot

Re: Hopeful Implant Journal

Postby Joe Behot » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:11 am

Wow, hopeful, your last message was enlightening for me. Yesterday was 2 weeks post op for me. The icing routine is really getting old. Every once in awhile, I would think that I have recovered. Then I would do some walking and the next thing I know is the left side of my scrotum is blowing up. And then back to icing. size reduces and I try to find the pump. I can feel the corners only. There is no way to find the deflate button or the pump ball. I have been trying to wear a jock strap, thinking that if I could stabalize the nuts, maybe they wouldnt swell up. Jock strap is very uncomfortable. Yesterday I went in to work for a few hours. Thank GOD for the horseshoe toilet seats! I could sit on the toilet and didn't have to rest my dick on the seat. Finally a win!!
65 years old. Implanted 9-4-20, AMS 700 LGX, 18cmX12cm, 4cm RTE

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:25 pm

Joe Behot wrote:Wow, hopeful, your last message was enlightening for me. Yesterday was 2 weeks post op for me. The icing routine is really getting old. Every once in awhile, I would think that I have recovered. Then I would do some walking and the next thing I know is the left side of my scrotum is blowing up. And then back to icing. size reduces and I try to find the pump. I can feel the corners only. There is no way to find the deflate button or the pump ball. I have been trying to wear a jock strap, thinking that if I could stabalize the nuts, maybe they wouldnt swell up. Jock strap is very uncomfortable. Yesterday I went in to work for a few hours. Thank GOD for the horseshoe toilet seats! I could sit on the toilet and didn't have to rest my dick on the seat. Finally a win!!

Hey, this is exactly why I'm keeping this journal! And I still have not managed to pee while sitting down, no way I can tuck my dick down without kinking the urethra and making it impossible to pee, very glad for your luck with the horseshoe toilet seat. Also damn impressed at your ability to head to work! Even three weeks out, I'm uncomfortable if I'm stuck in pants for more than a couple of hours.

As far as the swelling goes, my doc had two suggestions. He said follow the standard dose for ibuprofen (400mg every 6 hours or so) to reduce inflammation, and take hot baths twice daily. You'd definitely want to check with your doc on the second of those, when you're cleared for baths depends on how your doc closed the incision. But he said usually he doesn't see ice doing much except for pain management after the first couple of days. He leans on the side of heat to get blood flowing, which encourages healing. Ice is great for big time swelling though...

I'm sure you'll be able to operate your pump in the next few weeks. Just stay strong and keep your spirits up! Full recovery takes months, so you're only right at the starting line.
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

Joe Behot

Postby Joe Behot » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:55 am

So, this is day 18 post op for me. I have been cleared to start doing hot baths. Feels much better than icing. Doc told me that external swelling goes down before internal swelling goes down. And to expect to see swelling after physical activity. That definately happens. Just when I think I have turned the corner, BAM, swelling. At this point the swelling in my scrotum is down, on the outside. I must still have swelling inside though. It feels like I have 2 nuts. The right one is normal. The left one is huge and I suspect contains my left nut and the HUGE pump. I did find a game changer however. I went to Walmart and bought AND1 underwear. VERY NICE. keeps everything snug. No need for a jock strap. I know, a small win. Anyway, looking forward to 2 hot baths today. I can feel the block and am starting to push it down, gently. Still cant feel the pump ball yet
65 years old. Implanted 9-4-20, AMS 700 LGX, 18cmX12cm, 4cm RTE

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:56 pm

Joe Behot wrote:So, this is day 18 post op for me. I have been cleared to start doing hot baths. Feels much better than icing. Doc told me that external swelling goes down before internal swelling goes down. And to expect to see swelling after physical activity. That definately happens. Just when I think I have turned the corner, BAM, swelling. At this point the swelling in my scrotum is down, on the outside. I must still have swelling inside though. It feels like I have 2 nuts. The right one is normal. The left one is huge and I suspect contains my left nut and the HUGE pump. I did find a game changer however. I went to Walmart and bought AND1 underwear. VERY NICE. keeps everything snug. No need for a jock strap. I know, a small win. Anyway, looking forward to 2 hot baths today. I can feel the block and am starting to push it down, gently. Still cant feel the pump ball yet

Every win, even small ones, feel absolutely great in this early stage. :D
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Hey all, time for another update! I'm a full month out from the surgery now, and the recovery is definitely still ongoing. Probably the most exciting update is that my husband and I had sex for the first time in a while, and I definitely have NO problem reaching orgasm with the implant. If anything, I'm more sensitive and cum faster. That's great for me, since I used to often suffer from delayed orgasms (often due to going soft and getting hard over and over through sex). We were just doing mutual masturbation this time, since we're both dealing with a lot of other stuff that makes us not in the mood for much at the moment...But it was a completely different experience. I mentioned before that my ED has been lifelong...I feel like a blind man that has been given the ability to see. That's some hyperbole to be sure but goddamn, erections are pretty great, aren't they?

My hand is continuing to heal up from the burns, and the doc says no surgery or grafts required. I'll still need to get physical therapy after I'm healed to get my range of motion and grip strength back. Has made operating the implant more challenging, but not impossible. I've been taking ibuprofen daily to help reduce the swelling and discomfort from the hydrocele that is semi-enveloping the pump. I still have a hard time visualizing how it is connected to the pump (it feels like it's completely encircling it), but whatever...I can still pump and deflate, I just am being extra careful when I do. Doc suggested only cycling once daily and taking hot baths to help let things heal up.

When I pump up, I still can't quite get to the "rock hard pump" that signifies 100% inflation...but when I get to the point of discomfort I'm harder than any guy I've ever been with. Feels like I could punch a hole in the wall. I make sure that my cycling sessions are at least an hour or two since I can't do them twice daily. Deflating is odd as always, I still haven't gotten the hang of getting the button fully pressed so I don't need to hold it down. I'm fine with that, I just hold it down and deflate. When my scrotum is less sensitive and all healed up, I can work on getting that full "one touch" experience.

I also measured myself for the first time since the operation. Looks like I lost just a bit of length and girth, maybe .25"-.5" usable length, same for girth. I'm wider than I used to be though, and the change in length may still be related to swelling and the scrotum being pulled up, as well as my "after" picture being non-aroused (my head grows a good bit when I'm aroused). Pics included to show the change:

before_length.jpg
before_length.jpg (124.15 KiB) Viewed 1443 times

after_length.jpg
after_length.jpg (89.53 KiB) Viewed 1443 times

Take care, everyone! Still a long way to go until I'm fully recovered, but I'm hanging in there!

October26

Postby October26 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:57 pm

hopeful_future wrote:Hey all, time for another update! I'm a full month out from the surgery now, and the recovery is definitely still ongoing. Probably the most exciting update is that my husband and I had sex for the first time in a while, and I definitely have NO problem reaching orgasm with the implant. If anything, I'm more sensitive and cum faster. That's great for me, since I used to often suffer from delayed orgasms (often due to going soft and getting hard over and over through sex). We were just doing mutual masturbation this time, since we're both dealing with a lot of other stuff that makes us not in the mood for much at the moment...But it was a completely different experience. I mentioned before that my ED has been lifelong...I feel like a blind man that has been given the ability to see. That's some hyperbole to be sure but goddamn, erections are pretty great, aren't they?

My hand is continuing to heal up from the burns, and the doc says no surgery or grafts required. I'll still need to get physical therapy after I'm healed to get my range of motion and grip strength back. Has made operating the implant more challenging, but not impossible. I've been taking ibuprofen daily to help reduce the swelling and discomfort from the hydrocele that is semi-enveloping the pump. I still have a hard time visualizing how it is connected to the pump (it feels like it's completely encircling it), but whatever...I can still pump and deflate, I just am being extra careful when I do. Doc suggested only cycling once daily and taking hot baths to help let things heal up.

When I pump up, I still can't quite get to the "rock hard pump" that signifies 100% inflation...but when I get to the point of discomfort I'm harder than any guy I've ever been with. Feels like I could punch a hole in the wall. I make sure that my cycling sessions are at least an hour or two since I can't do them twice daily. Deflating is odd as always, I still haven't gotten the hang of getting the button fully pressed so I don't need to hold it down. I'm fine with that, I just hold it down and deflate. When my scrotum is less sensitive and all healed up, I can work on getting that full "one touch" experience.

I also measured myself for the first time since the operation. Looks like I lost just a bit of length and girth, maybe .25"-.5" usable length, same for girth. I'm wider than I used to be though, and the change in length may still be related to swelling and the scrotum being pulled up, as well as my "after" picture being non-aroused (my head grows a good bit when I'm aroused). Pics included to show the change:

before_length.jpg

after_length.jpg

Take care, everyone! Still a long way to go until I'm fully recovered, but I'm hanging in there!

This is very helpful. I am getting a Coloplast Titan Oct 26 and it will be 22-24 cm so this might be what I will experience, Thanks!
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:24 am

October26 wrote:This is very helpful. I am getting a Coloplast Titan Oct 26 and it will be 22-24 cm so this might be what I will experience, Thanks!

Awesome! I'm sorry that you've got to go through all the rough parts of getting an implant, but glad that it's an option available to you! As long as you follow the doc's orders and take good care of yourself, I'm sure you'll do great!

October26

Postby October26 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:39 pm

hopeful_future wrote:
October26 wrote:This is very helpful. I am getting a Coloplast Titan Oct 26 and it will be 22-24 cm so this might be what I will experience, Thanks!

Awesome! I'm sorry that you've got to go through all the rough parts of getting an implant, but glad that it's an option available to you! As long as you follow the doc's orders and take good care of yourself, I'm sure you'll do great!

Yeah, the procedure and aftercare is kind of is uppermost in my thoughts all the time and then there is the flaccid size. Happy to have a larger flaccid size but I swim, and it is going to be weird being almost the same size flaccid as erect. If I keep my 7” it will be strange!
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:13 am

Topped for the first time since getting the implant a bit over a month ago. I've been doing masturbation (solo and mutual) and getting oral since the doc approved of activity, but both are a bit uncomfortable still. No problem reaching orgasm with either, as long as nothing gets bumped or pulled in the wrong way...But each time, it gets better and less oversensitive.

I've got a very patient and helpful husband, but he also happens to be mostly a top, meaning he is very very tight. This made it nearly impossible for me to top him in the past. I could get the job done maybe 1/10 tries, with the others being frustrating for both of us. I had pretty much given up on it. Today was very very different.

He took some time using some toys to stretch and warm up, I pumped up to 50% and we made out and engaged in some foreplay, maybe 10-15 minutes. Once we were ready to go, I pumped up to 80-85% and went for it. Honestly, it hurt like hell trying to get in, but it wasn't "bad pain" if that makes sense, and I was VERY motivated. Once I got the tips in, things were much better, but the pressure was intense...We went for a bit, and the sensations were amazing. Not one second of concern about my erection, so I could focus on the sensations, on his reactions, on everything else. Bliss.

After a bit, we wanted to lube up a bit more, and I noticed I had gotten squeezed back down to around 70%, so I decided to go for broke and pump to 95%, basically RIGHT before the point it starts to hurt when I'm cycling. From that point forward, I had no problem getting my dick wherever the hell I wanted it, lol. It held strong for the 15-20 minutes we continued, until he finished. Some of the soreness and sensations were a bit distracting, so I wasn't able to finish while topping, but he lent a helping hand after and I had a mindblowing orgasm.

I already can tell I made the right choice...When I'm all recovered, this is going to open up a side of my sex life I thought I could never have. For now, I'm sore like when I cycle a little too aggressively...but damn was it worth it! I look forward to getting more experience with this whole "erection" thing. :D

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:28 am

hopeful_future wrote:Topped for the first time since getting the implant a bit over a month ago. I've been doing masturbation (solo and mutual) and getting oral since the doc approved of activity, but both are a bit uncomfortable still. No problem reaching orgasm with either, as long as nothing gets bumped or pulled in the wrong way...But each time, it gets better and less oversensitive.

I've got a very patient and helpful husband, but he also happens to be mostly a top, meaning he is very very tight. This made it nearly impossible for me to top him in the past. I could get the job done maybe 1/10 tries, with the others being frustrating for both of us. I had pretty much given up on it. Today was very very different.

He took some time using some toys to stretch and warm up, I pumped up to 50% and we made out and engaged in some foreplay, maybe 10-15 minutes. Once we were ready to go, I pumped up to 80-85% and went for it. Honestly, it hurt like hell trying to get in, but it wasn't "bad pain" if that makes sense, and I was VERY motivated. Once I got the tips in, things were much better, but the pressure was intense...We went for a bit, and the sensations were amazing. Not one second of concern about my erection, so I could focus on the sensations, on his reactions, on everything else. Bliss.

After a bit, we wanted to lube up a bit more, and I noticed I had gotten squeezed back down to around 70%, so I decided to go for broke and pump to 95%, basically RIGHT before the point it starts to hurt when I'm cycling. From that point forward, I had no problem getting my dick wherever the hell I wanted it, lol. It held strong for the 15-20 minutes we continued, until he finished. Some of the soreness and sensations were a bit distracting, so I wasn't able to finish while topping, but he lent a helping hand after and I had a mindblowing orgasm.

I already can tell I made the right choice...When I'm all recovered, this is going to open up a side of my sex life I thought I could never have. For now, I'm sore like when I cycle a little too aggressively...but damn was it worth it! I look forward to getting more experience with this whole "erection" thing. :D

That's awesome at this really early stage you're really at. Congratulations. That soreness and the crinkle sensations and the kink of a tube here and there, all that shit will fade away soon enough, too. Pretty damn freeing, isn't it though?!
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

Return to “Implants”