Questions before and after Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: Questions before and after Implant

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:42 am

proctor wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:
proctor wrote:Another question ( my mind is probably working too much) ..... did anyone feel feverish in day 3 or sooner? Reason I am asking, If my temperature is high, I could be seen as a potential COVID case and may be quarantined unnecessarily.

In our current Covid world. You are asking a great question. I'm thinking that if you suspect that you might go some place that does a temperature scan. Take a Tyenol before hand to knock any mild fever that you might have down. To think of it, you might be taking it anyway so you might not show a fever. Maybe a small thermometer might be handy to self test with.

Thanks buddy... advice well appreciated

again another question , after the operation probably I will need to put my penis in upward direction towards my navel..... should I bring anything to do that, or the clinic staff will provide that?

First, thanks for the thanks. I like to look a step or two past what is happening. As for penis being upright. Most guys mention jock straps. Good advice in my mind. Cheap also. I've wondered if an elastic bandage worn over your penis like a low riding belt might work. But your penis might be too sensitive for that. My best suggestion, most of this kind of stuff is fairly cheap at the big box type stores. I generally don't like to waste stuff. But geez, buy an arm load of stuff that looks like they have possibilities. Throw it away or donate it if you don't use it. Better to have some stuff to fiddle with. Might keep your mind busy so you don't sit & dwell on how you feel. Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

proctor

Postby proctor » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:14 am

Yes, Gt I will sure buy a few jockstraps.
Rigicon Infla 10 AX , 18 Cm, 2 RTE, 110 ml. Dr Andrew Kramer

airwolff

Postby airwolff » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:17 am

Proctor, I was able to drive home (4 1/2 hours) the next day after my implant with little discomfort. However, flying is different, a commercial airliner cabin pressure is normally 8000 feet above sea level. For a normal person, it should not pose problems, but for some, it does, especially after surgery. I would recommend waiting at least a few extra days, a 9-hour flight is a long time with minimal movement.
65 y/o, Married 32 years, ED 20+ years due to T2D and HTN. Tried pills and VED. Implant 1/23/20 by Dr Kramer. Titan 20 cm +1rt.

proctor

Postby proctor » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:49 am

airwolff wrote:Proctor, I was able to drive home (4 1/2 hours) the next day after my implant with little discomfort. However, flying is different, a commercial airliner cabin pressure is normally 8000 feet above sea level. For a normal person, it should not pose problems, but for some, it does, especially after surgery. I would recommend waiting at least a few extra days, a 9-hour flight is a long time with minimal movement.

Thanks, Airwolf for takig time to respond... I have several options at hand...
1) Fly business , which is painful on my wallet
2) Stay extra few days, could be very boring all alone in a hotel. notwithstanding the extra payment involved
3) Depart on Day-3 and fly economy, but take extra measures like putting a cloth under my balss, wearing adult diaper pads on my balls extra and ofcourse icebag

airwolff

Postby airwolff » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:27 pm

Proctor, In an earlier post it was stated a 9-hour flight. Some questions: Is it a round trip or one-way nonstop. International or Domestic. I'll explain later.

As far as my implant went it was the best thing I ever did, I love my implant more every day (sure nothing beats the real thing).
65 y/o, Married 32 years, ED 20+ years due to T2D and HTN. Tried pills and VED. Implant 1/23/20 by Dr Kramer. Titan 20 cm +1rt.

proctor

Postby proctor » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:37 pm

edit: One way
Last edited by proctor on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

proctor

Postby proctor » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:51 pm

post op, there is a common advice to keep the incision area clean and dry....

While keeping it dry seems bit easier (is it btw?), what is the bulletproof method to keep the area clean? ANy thoughts?

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:13 pm

proctor wrote:post op, While keeping it dry seems bit easier (is it btw?), what is the bulletproof method to keep the area clean? ANy thoughts?

Simple soap & water in the shower. It'll be uncomfortable at first. The stitches will be healed by day 7 if not sooner. My doc allowed me to start taking baths at 2 weeks. Keeping dry I just let everything "hang loose" in baggy pants.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

proctor

Postby proctor » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi all,

I have few more questions

- how much time it takes to recover from the effects on Anaesthesia (under Dr Kramer's protocol)?
- if you have high BP on the surgery date, what happens?

Thanks.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:57 pm

proctor wrote:Hi all,
I have few more questions
- how much time it takes to recover from the effects on Anaesthesia (under Dr Kramer's protocol)?
- if you have high BP on the surgery date, what happens?

Thanks.

Depends on what you call high blood pressure. I don't know for sure but when I was working. We had a brief yearly physical. This was so you could wear a respirator if needed. If your systolic (top) number was over 150. You failed & had to go to your own doctor for treatment. I got nailed on it once. I presume that if your doctor couldn't get it under 150 then you'd be disqualified from your job. Then most likely be assigned to a non respirator position that likely didn't pay as well.
For the best info, I suggest contacting your surgeons office.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”