Experiences with Dr Dineen

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mike123

Experiences with Dr Dineen

Postby mike123 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:14 pm

I've been dealing with ED for 20+ years and now it's time to do something about it.

For people who have been implanted by Dineen in Daytona Beach, what were your overall experiences? I've seen a few people here recommending him, but without any details about what he's like to work with or general experiences. The vast majority of the posts here that mention him refer to his VED protocol for pre- and post- op pumping. Not much has been said about his surgical skills or bedside manor.

I'm considering Dineen for my implant surgery and would love to hear from people who have worked with him.
Implanted 2020 Nov 30 with Titan 22cm, no RTEs by Dr Dineen in Daytona Beach.
TURP for BPH 2020 Jul 27. Resulted in RE.
ED started around 2005.

Lost Sheep

Re: Experiences with Dr Dineen

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:31 pm

I tried sending him an email a few years ago inquiring about a medical journal paper he co-authored about a pre-op VED protocol for retaining/restoring penile size. I did not get an answer.

I have no idea if this speaks to his staff or him, simply that his email may have changed or my inquiry got caught up in a spam filter.

But it was a pretty good article, well written and easy to comprehend.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:18 pm

I have an appointment with Dr. Dineen in just a few weeks. I'll report back afterwards. I'm 64 now, about 10 months shy of Medicare paying for the implant. That said, I want to quiz Dineen on if he thinks he could get it approved through Cigna now. I just finished successful radiation treatment for prostate cancer and now I'm moving on to the next step -- a bionic dick.

I'll report back after speaking with Dineen.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:07 pm

Cigar56 wrote:I have an appointment with Dr. Dineen in just a few weeks. I'll report back afterwards. I'm 64 now, about 10 months shy of Medicare paying for the implant. That said, I want to quiz Dineen on if he thinks he could get it approved through Cigna now. I just finished successful radiation treatment for prostate cancer and now I'm moving on to the next step -- a bionic dick.

I'll report back after speaking with Dineen.

I would love to hear his thoughts on the question of how an intermittent cycling protocol (30 second to 60 second cycling) compares to the cycling protocol described in this paper he co-authored.
https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinfo ... erid=27133
particularly the idea of flushing blood through the tissues for oxygenating for tissue health and maintaining elasticity in addition to the paper's primary focus, size. Also, the paper hinted that insertion of the implant might have been made easier on the surgeon and on the patient's post-op recovery by the VED protocol. That might be of interest.

There have been a number of more recent publications as well that suggest intriguing developments. Has Dr. Dineen maintained an interest in them?
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... lled_trial

Don't feel obliged to press him if it interferes with your appointment/treatment. I am a curious guy. Been that way since birth. When I was born, the Doctor looked and my Mom and remarked, "Curious!" Been that way ever since, but am not sure what sense of the word he intended.

Thanks
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Lost sheep:

Will do.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

mike123

Postby mike123 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:19 pm

I had TURP for an enlarged prostate done by Dr Dineen last week. I'm very happy with the result and with his skill as a surgeon. I had a 10 day followup with him today. Each time I've spoken to him, he takes his time to answer my questions. I've never felt rushed.

He says I'll need to wait 2 to 3 months for last week's surgery to heal before I can get my implant surgery. We'll begin the process of getting insurance approval for the implant after my next visit in another 4 weeks. The countdown has begun.
Implanted 2020 Nov 30 with Titan 22cm, no RTEs by Dr Dineen in Daytona Beach.
TURP for BPH 2020 Jul 27. Resulted in RE.
ED started around 2005.

Return to “Implants”