How do you know it’s time...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: How do you know it’s time...

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 pm

AussieFarmer65, my totally uneducated opinion. When you've reached that fork in the road. An implant becomes a nothing to lose deal. Then you know that you're ready. All you need to do is find the right surgeon now. Best of luck to.you.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

flguy621

Postby flguy621 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:18 am

You guys are reinforcing what I already thought. I have an appointment with my urologist in a couple of weeks. How do I know if he’s the right guy for the job; he did my prostate surgery a year ago and I have full faith and trust in him, but this is different.

Thanks for all the input guys. I’m learning a lot on franktalk.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:29 pm

flguy621 wrote: I have an appointment with my urologist in a couple of weeks. How do I know if he’s the right guy for the job; he did my prostate surgery a year ago and I have full faith and trust in him, but this is different.

For starters, ask him how many implants he does a year. You ideally want a high-volume surgeon who is very experienced installing the implant.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 pm

In the cancer hospital that did my RP, there were lots of experts on RARP but only 1 that specialized in implants. I went to USC Keck in Los Angeles to see a hi volume implant surgeon. On another note, have you watched the operation on the net? When first considering an implant I had the vision of them cutting my penis wide open for the implant. The video of the operation is not easy to watch but the whole thing is not really to bad. Another comment,, My wife was not on board with the implant idea but I did it for myself.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

flguy621

Postby flguy621 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi guys,

Just got approval from my insurance today for the implant . Should find out tomorrow when it can be done.

Now, it’s getting real...and anxious.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:35 pm

flguy621 wrote:Hi guys,

Just got approval from my insurance today for the implant . Should find out tomorrow when it can be done.

Now, it’s getting real...and anxious.

What surgeon? Knowing one's way around a prostate does not guarantee knowing one's way around a penis. Having been inside you once does give a surgeon the "inside track" (no pun there) to your innards and prevents sending you for questions to the "other surgeon". But there is no substitute for experience and confidence inside a tunica and knowing how to size an implant and set the tips (both distal and proximal) perfectly. It requires a knowing touch.

I interviewed 6 surgeons before selecting the one.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:46 pm

When I speak at ED seminars with a urologist in front of an auditorium full of men looking for ED solutions I gingerly say it's time for an implant when you are weary of wondering "how long can this bullshit go on!". When the hassles of timing pills or injections doesn't work for you anymore, and the hit or miss nature of the success you have is making the effort not worthwhile an implant should be considered. After you've exhausted all other treatments and want to finally be done with the hassle that is a monumental mental drag an implant is the solution it's time to consider. Your next step then should be using an implant manufacturer's online physician locator to find a doctor near you that has demonstrated competency with the procedure. An implant is the only route to eliminate all the impediments to a satisfying sexual experience reliably, any time you want, and within less than a minute of actually having sex.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Return to “Implants”