Considering an implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Pbarkley

Considering an implant

Postby Pbarkley » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:08 am

I have weak erections since age 12. I’m 28 now. I’m sick of wasting my sex life. Here are my concerns:

1. Does having an implant reduce penile sensitivity/sensation?

2. Does having an implant reduce orgasm sensation and satisfaction? Will your orgasms sensation be the same as before the implant?

3. I heard mix stories of losing length/girth and gaining length/girth. I’m 5.5 inches, more of a grower than a shower. Does that mean I will lose length and girth when having an implant?

4. I’ve heard there are implant models that increase length and girth so you actually have a bigger penis after getting an implant. Which models increase length/girth and is used for penis sizes of Around 5-5.5 inches and is used to correct peyronies?

5. I heard implants last around 4-5 years..does this mean I have to get another one after the first one fails? Will I have to pay around 30k to get a new one after the first one fails or would it be cheaper? Can one implant last 10 years or more?

Thanks..

5. I’ve heard

dg_moore

Re: Considering an implant

Postby dg_moore » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:15 am

Read the Implants forum. Every one of these questions been addressed at great length and in extensive detail.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

544kenmatt

Postby 544kenmatt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:58 am

If you are counting on a size increase from an implant, you will likely be disappointed. You should hope
for maintaining your current size.

Most men report no change in sensitivity. I had a temporary numbness on the underside, which mostly went away after six months.
I guess this is pretty rare.

I think 4-5 years is a low estimate. I"m sure there is published data somewhere on the internet. Ten years is probably a closer guess.
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

Quester

Postby Quester » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:58 am

[quote="Pbarkley"]I have weak erections since age 12. I’m 28 now. I’m sick of wasting my sex life. Here are my concerns:

1. Does having an implant reduce penile sensitivity/sensation?

2. Does having an implant reduce orgasm sensation and satisfaction? Will your orgasms sensation be the same as before the implant?

3. I heard mix stories of losing length/girth and gaining length/girth. I’m 5.5 inches, more of a grower than a shower. Does that mean I will lose length and girth when having an implant?

4. I’ve heard there are implant models that increase length and girth so you actually have a bigger penis after getting an implant. Which models increase length/girth and is used for penis sizes of Around 5-5.5 inches and is used to correct peyronies?

5. I heard implants last around 4-5 years..does this mean I have to get another one after the first one fails? Will I have to pay around 30k to get a new one after the first one fails or would it be cheaper? Can one implant last 10 years or more?

Thanks..

1- No reduction I sensitivity in my case. It pretty much feels the same as when I was your age and just before implant

2- Same as above no real change other than maybe one better orgasms due to not having to worry about staying hard long enough for our pleasure. So maybe better there

3- In my case my size is about the same as pre-implant the skill of the surgeon is important here. The big change as I’m sure you’ll find is there isn’t as much of a difference between flaccid and erect.

I had mild Peyronies but it is my understanding that and of the inflatable implants can be used depending on the how severe the surgeon could use the Titian or in my case the AMS CX

4- I’ve seen the same on the posts here about length of time an implant lasts. On this I’d rather have a hard functioning dick that the hydraulics need to replace every few years than no or poor erections. If you’re worried about wearing it out put aside money for future replacements. The cost may be less due to insurance/warranty for revisions.

Only you can make the choice. I used pills until all I got was a headache, injections even with peyronies until the week before implant. It is my belief that if those work stick with them for as long as you can. You never know what future medical advance will come along. I would say it’s impossible but after you get an implant having a natural erection my be impossible
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

Pbarkley

Postby Pbarkley » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:07 pm

544kenmatt wrote:If you are counting on a size increase from an implant, you will likely be disappointed. You should hope
for maintaining your current size.

Most men report no change in sensitivity. I had a temporary numbness on the underside, which mostly went away after six months.
I guess this is pretty rare.

I think 4-5 years is a low estimate. I"m sure there is published data somewhere on the internet. Ten years is probably a closer guess.

Someone told me that his size increased in length and girth because he got the LGX. I see you have the lgx too, how come yours didn’t increase? I thought the lgx was known to increase size

Pbarkley

Postby Pbarkley » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 pm

I read that some positions are not good for the implant such as reverse cow girl or the girl being on top. Can’t go too rough in these positions. What about missionary?? If I go too rough during missionary would it damage the implant? I guess my question is if I go rough in any position would it be bad for the implant? That’s another of my concern is not having the freedom to go fast or rough or however the girl likes it.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:06 am

Pbarkley wrote:I read that some positions are not good for the implant such as reverse cow girl or the girl being on top. Can’t go too rough in these positions. What about missionary?? If I go too rough during missionary would it damage the implant? I guess my question is if I go rough in any position would it be bad for the implant? That’s another of my concern is not having the freedom to go fast or rough or however the girl likes it.

Let me help you out a little. As for length & girth increases. If you are already at or near your biological max size. You won't see any increases. The tissues in the penis can only be stretched so far.
As for positions. The only positions that I've read about that MIGHT cause issues are some of the cowgirl ones. Then & only then it seemed to affect the men that had the pubic entrance surgery. Going through the pubic region means that the cylinder tubing gets routed around the penis then down into the scrotum. A woman that grinds in some of the cow girl positions can rub the tubing against the penis shaft. If that rubbing is done very long, you run the risk of a sore dick. If you have much of a fat pad then you might not even feel it. Btw, I don't think that the implant is harmed. Based on the pictures of implants that I've seen. There isn't any splices in that part of the implant so I don't see what can be harmed.
I think the best thing to understand is that an implant will give you a means to have sex. Within reason, anytime you want. Many members have banged like a crazed teenager & not harmed their implant. It is my opinion that very few implants have been damaged from any kind of sex. In fact, we have had members who actually broke their natural dick & thus needed an implant.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Pbarkley

Postby Pbarkley » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:35 am

Gt1956 wrote:
Pbarkley wrote:I read that some positions are not good for the implant such as reverse cow girl or the girl being on top. Can’t go too rough in these positions. What about missionary?? If I go too rough during missionary would it damage the implant? I guess my question is if I go rough in any position would it be bad for the implant? That’s another of my concern is not having the freedom to go fast or rough or however the girl likes it.

Let me help you out a little. As for length & girth increases. If you are already at or near your biological max size. You won't see any increases. The tissues in the penis can only be stretched so far.
As for positions. The only positions that I've read about that MIGHT cause issues are some of the cowgirl ones. Then & only then it seemed to affect the men that had the pubic entrance surgery. Going through the pubic region means that the cylinder tubing gets routed around the penis then down into the scrotum. A woman that grinds in some of the cow girl positions can rub the tubing against the penis shaft. If that rubbing is done very long, you run the risk of a sore dick. If you have much of a fat pad then you might not even feel it. Btw, I don't think that the implant is harmed. Based on the pictures of implants that I've seen. There isn't any splices in that part of the implant so I don't see what can be harmed.
I think the best thing to understand is that an implant will give you a means to have sex. Within reason, anytime you want. Many members have banged like a crazed teenager & not harmed their implant. It is my opinion that very few implants have been damaged from any kind of sex. In fact, we have had members who actually broke their natural dick & thus needed an implant.

I’ve been told by someone else that going too rough and in cow girl can damage the implant. Hm not sure anymore. Is the pubic entrance the preferred method for most surgeries? Or does the doctor choose which method on a case by case basis ?

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:42 am

Doctor chooses. The doctor that I'm leaning towards does scrotal. I think Kramer does also. Preito & Eid I'm not sure about. Honestly, I think more are done scrotal than pubic. But I don't have any data.
One thing that I've learned in my time on FT. Lots of guys post information. But lots of guys experiences depend on the surgery style & if they have had prostate cancer. Then there are a few unusual health complications that I think should of been considered in analyzing complication or poor outcomes. Even though we all have basically the same diagnoses, ED. We bring different problems to the surgeons.
Your concerns are very common. Examples of your fears can be found on FT. But your situation might not match theirs & sometimes it's difficult to get the total back story. Reading up on a guys past post history can really put some complaints in perspective.
Btw, I need to poke you a little bit. You ask about rougher style sex. How you doing on that front now? I can almost guarantee that you'll have better sex with an implant. BUT only you can make that decision. Members can guide you but in the end you need to make the choice.
I can tell you that stories that you might hear from friend's are almost always wrong. I have a good friend about my age. He frequently tells a story about a co-worker that had his battery powered implant start to inflate during a meeting. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't such an implant.
Get a notebook. Research your concern by using the search function. Be sure to view the guys post history to see his treatment. Watch out. Many guys will make bad comments for a few months after getting an implant. A year or two later. They sing it's praise cause it finally has settled in & grew some. Best of luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:51 am

Gt1956 wrote:A year or two later. They sing it's praise cause it finally has settled in & grew some. Best of luck.

Yep. Once you get accustomed to it, it is not nearly so gruesome as it was at first :lol:
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”