Revision

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bionic Bob

Revision

Postby Bionic Bob » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:11 pm

Is the revision surgery like going through the original surgery or less of an ordeal? Do you re-gain size more quickly? Recover more quickly? Heal more quickly? Back to sex more quickly? Etc.
52 years old. Implanted with an ams700lgx infrapubicly due to severe Peyronies Disease on 8/23/19 8 months after Penile Plication Surgery that ultimately failed. Surgery performed by Dr. Rasper at the University of Kentucky Urology Center.

Lost Sheep

Re: Revision

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:53 pm

Bionic Bob wrote:Is the revision surgery like going through the original surgery or less of an ordeal? Do you re-gain size more quickly? Recover more quickly? Heal more quickly? Back to sex more quickly? Etc.

All those questions have been answered in past posts. I read through a couple years of posts when I first joined. Took a couple weekends but it was well worth it.

Having chastized you sufficiently, I will now respond as you asked.

The revision surgery is usually easier and recovery less problematic/painful than a virgin implant.

Risk of infection may be a bit higher. An encapsulated "biofilm" around the removed implant has sometimes been found and prior surgical scars might be problematic for your surgeon. Implant manufacturers are aware of the infection issues and have taken measures to address that. Improvements continue.

Often, a larger implant is placed than the original, but whether that translates to a longer usable penis is still unknown. Medical journal studies have been few and inconclusive.

Back to sex more quickly? I don't actually have any reports, but I expect a quicker return to sexual activity is almost certain.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:18 pm

IMHO, the malleable is the easiest, the 3 piece just depends on the person's body on healing time.
BUT, if you want to rank them, I think the 1 operation is the hardest.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Bionic Bob

Postby Bionic Bob » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:14 am

I'm a busy man, I have a farm and a job I work 7 days per week. Haven't the time to go thru years of posts nor several free weekends. Now that I've chastised you properly, thank you for your well imformed and thorough answer.
52 years old. Implanted with an ams700lgx infrapubicly due to severe Peyronies Disease on 8/23/19 8 months after Penile Plication Surgery that ultimately failed. Surgery performed by Dr. Rasper at the University of Kentucky Urology Center.

Weazer

Postby Weazer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:31 pm

I'll let you know in a couple weeks.
57, not married, Peyronies Disease in 2014, plication surgery 2016, failed, grafted in 2016, implant Dec. 27 2018. Titan 20cm +1RTE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:57 pm

Bionic Bob wrote:I'm a busy man, I have a farm and a job I work 7 days per week. Haven't the time to go thru years of posts nor several free weekends. Now that I've chastised you properly, thank you for your well imformed and thorough answer.

I do like to be helpful, and my advice to spend the time to go through past posts is, I believe, more valuable than the information I posted.

Reading prior posts will educate you much more efficiently (both in hours spent and in weeks waiting for current members to respond).

Of course, it is up to you (and I do not know your situation, how much time you have -in hours or weeks). That was just my advice, and I usually give it to everyone (it is even embedded in my signature)

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:44 pm

Less of an ordeal...quicker....quicker...quicker... good luck man!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:24 pm

I have documented my initial titan implant. Loved it but had to have a revision at about 1 year mark. Had the revision done locally this time instead of going to original Cincinnati doc.

Titan to ams 700. No comparison at all. Cylinders are much easier to deal with but do not like the size of pump with ams. Revision is so much easier. Very little pain or any issues healing.

Getting around was a lot easier for revision. Revision mid march. I was mowing and on my tractor by mid April. Working on fences and using a chainsaw with no issues. At month 4. Absolute no restrictions. I have for at least past 2.5 months done whatever I wanted.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”